NKP 765 locations/ heads up

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
jkh2cpu
Railroadfan...fan

Re: NKP 765 locations/ heads up

Unread post by jkh2cpu »

Hope you get some pictures.

John.

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

Managed to catch 1337 leading them south with the 765 facing north in 4 spots and then made it Romulus to watch B70 clear with the 765 on point. Day turned out awesome meeting some fans and having a great time chatting. Looking forward to everyone's photos an videos
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

Loading at 11:00 am & departing at 12 noon. EB to the Jct. Yard Running track and SB on the Detroit line. Good Luck to all. :-)

Burb8145
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Burb8145 »

M.D.Bentley wrote:Loading at 11:00 am & departing at 12 noon. EB to the Jct. Yard Running track and SB on the Detroit line. Good Luck to all. :-)
Yep-I showed up at 9 AM at Oak Street and only saw one freight during the 90 minutes I spent here. I think I saw you there too.

UPDATE: #765 spotted at Oak Street at 1224.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
-Red Green

Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan

Re: NKP 765 locations/ heads up—DELRAY WYE!!!!

Unread post by Robertrains »

Did they "Wye" 765 at Delray Junction? If so, what time did they do that? I'll be chasing them tomorrow (7-6) and it would be great to photograph 765 at Delray Junction!!!!
If they don't "Wye" there—where is it done at?
Robert Jackson (Extreme Railfan/Bluewater and Michigan Transit Museum member)

http://cooltrains.rrpicturearchives.net/

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Yes at Delray ( Foreman st. wye ) not sure on the time, though.

Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan

M.D.Bentley wrote:Yes at Delray ( Foreman st. wye ) not sure on the time, though.

Would they "Wye" the train today before heading to Toledo? If they already "Wyed"—then I missed my chance for them to do that today! They will have to "Wye" the train next weekend for the Fort Wayne trips!
:mrgreen:

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ConrailDetr​oit »

Yesterday on the NB run back to Detroit they pulled north of Delray then shoved into Oakwood. I think todays run north they will pulling right into Oakwood so it will be facing west for the Fort Wayne run. On the return trip next week they will have to wye it at Forman St to Delray or Delray to YD.

Image765 Consist Reverse move at Delray by tcamp7837, on Flickr

ImageNKP 765 - Delray Tower by tcamp7837, on Flickr

Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan

milineamtrak wrote:Yesterday on the NB run back to Detroit they pulled north of Delray then shoved into Oakwood. I think todays run north they will pulling right into Oakwood so it will be facing west for the Fort Wayne run. On the return trip next week they will have to wye it at Forman St to Delray or Delray to YD.
Image Image
Good pix milineamtrak!!!! Too bad there wasn't more steam! Would you happen to know which steam loco last passed Delray in 1993? I heard it was NW 4-8-4 #611! I can't wait for that to come back (never saw it or 1218 running—but was a Railfan kid back then)! Today's trip was fun, it was going fast though! It was hard to catch; I only photographed at Melvindale, Wyandotte, Toledo, Melvindale! It sure was "Screaming" past Wyandotte (Oak Street)! There were many Railfans—I probably saw some of you! :)

Burb8145
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Burb8145 »

Robertrains wrote:
milineamtrak wrote:Yesterday on the NB run back to Detroit they pulled north of Delray then shoved into Oakwood. I think todays run north they will pulling right into Oakwood so it will be facing west for the Fort Wayne run. On the return trip next week they will have to wye it at Forman St to Delray or Delray to YD.
Image Image
Good pix milineamtrak!!!! Too bad there wasn't more steam! Would you happen to know which steam loco last passed Delray in 1993? I heard it was NW 4-8-4 #611! I can't wait for that to come back (never saw it or 1218 running—but was a Railfan kid back then)! Today's trip was fun, it was going fast though! It was hard to catch; I only photographed at Melvindale, Wyandotte, Toledo, Melvindale! It sure was "Screaming" past Wyandotte (Oak Street)! There were many Railfans—I probably saw some of you! :)
I was there at the Oak Street depot when it was heading south on Saturday.

Then again, it's not often that photographs exist of steam engines with a freeway overpass and a large billboard in the background...
Last edited by Burb8145 on Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
-Red Green

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ConrailDetr​oit »

Thanks, I have no idea which engine past in the 90s. I read it somewhere on here.

Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan

Would anyone know the approx. time 765 is expected passing Delray Tower on the return trips this weekend (7-12/13)? I plan on seeing it there Saturday!
Now, I'm guessing it would "Wye" before dropping off passengers! I really would love to see steam there—since I never did!!!!
:mrgreen:

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

The power will wye AFTER the passengers depart the train in Allen Park/Thunderbowl/MaBell/Outer Dr. & Allen rds. And with the way the weather is going to be later, it will be dark and stormy ( which would make for a great picture w/a little lighting in the back ground.)

Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan

M.D.Bentley wrote:The power will wye AFTER the passengers depart the train in Allen Park/Thunderbowl/MaBell/Outer Dr. & Allen rds. And with the way the weather is going to be later, it will be dark and stormy ( which would make for a great picture w/a little lighting in the back ground.)

That would be around 8:30 then, correct? I don't see them taking too long!

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

I think a half hour to unload the train and get down to Delray would be pretty quick. I would think after 9pm for Delray if they get the train back to Oakwood at around 8pm basically on schedule. They have to run on time, unload, and then get the track to go down to Delray and wye the locomotive/ set. Even if they run on time I would think closer to 9-9:30pm by Delray, but that's only what I would think, it may go completely differently.
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

PlymouthStationGuy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PlymouthStationGuy »

according to 765 gps they passed thru Butler about 5:30pm so between 7:30pm and 7:45pm they should be hitting Romulus
Plymouth Station Guy
Please do not poke at the ramp agent because he has the power to make your vacation
memorable or miserable. It all depends on what flight you bags go on.

Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan

PlymouthStationGuy wrote:according to 765 gps they passed thru Butler about 5:30pm so between 7:30pm and 7:45pm they should be hitting Romulus

:mrgreen: This GPS thing is EXCITING!!!! Last Sunday (7-6), I missed the northbound at Monroe. I then told Mom about the GPS Tracker! She wondered why I didn't mention that for the southbound chase! For something so old and historic—using 21st Century Technology is amazing!!!! Now I love it!!!! Does anyone know if there are GPS Trackers for any other Historic Locomotive? Well, I gotta have dinner and get to Romulus (from Roseville) in an hour to set up and shoot my film pictures!!!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PlymouthStationGuy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PlymouthStationGuy »

765 passing in Milan
Plymouth Station Guy
Please do not poke at the ramp agent because he has the power to make your vacation
memorable or miserable. It all depends on what flight you bags go on.

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Well, the weather seems to be holding. Lets hope the light hangs on long enough to shoot'em at Delray.

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

NS 952/NPK 765 heading EB to the NS bridge to pick up Conrail bulletins. And then on to Delray to spin and back via YD.