Michigan Shortlines Updates December

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Michigan Shortlines Updates December

Unread post by AANscaleRunner »

GLC left Cadillac towards Clare at 0950.

GLC 398 and 397 returned to Selma Yard at 1600 with 1 tank car, 9 coke hoppers, 24 sand cars, 12 tank cars, 2 plastics hoppers, 2 grain hoppers and 2 more tank cars.

Assuming they made a trip to Bates/TC Friday since there was empty centerbeams behind the shops this week-end.

James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Unread post by James Sofonia »

AANscaleRunner wrote:
Assuming they made a trip to Bates/TC Friday since there was empty centerbeams behind the shops this week-end.
They were up here Friday, didn't see them but saw the telltale fresh sand squished out of the flange grooves at a couple of crossings.

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

Pixl wrote:
AANscaleRunner wrote:
They were up here Friday, didn't see them but saw the telltale fresh sand squished out of the flange grooves at a couple of crossings.

GLC was in TC last Wednesday (left late evening) and again on Friday morning (saw two engins and 2 center beam cars about 11:30 near the depot).
CEO of the Waving Institute- teaching great wave forms.

csx801
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by csx801 »

MMRR 1216 is sitting in north yard with 1 tank and 1 buffer car it appears. It looks like they are waiting for maintainers to remove the blue flag on 5 track before they head south. There are random cuts of sand cars all over the yard, and a few boxes stored on the stub tracks. No road power to be seen so they are either in fremont or at the barn on Henry. It appears there is a cut of cars either for or from fremont by the scale track. There is also a Gondola on 6 track towards the back of the yard! I have not seen a gon in Muskegon in years (my last conscious memory of a gon in muskegon was in 03) so this is rather exciting.

1216 is starting to move, I hear the horns again.

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

GRE has some inbound Kings and a few plastic cars in the yard. Crew going on duty. Leonard Tower operator , got one coming at you this morning:) (Patriot - I assume you have a top floor office on the north east corner of the building - privilege of rank or seniority? :lol: )

Patriot
Leonard St. Tower Operator

Unread post by Patriot »

GRE --- As predicted earlier, EB at 9:00 with 16 CHs and 1 tank. And you be correct in regards to the location of the Leonard Tower :D
Doing what you like is freedom. Liking what you do is happiness.

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

GLC 390, 392, 397 and 398 left Cadillac at 1130 with 17 grain hoppers, 4 sand hoppers, 3 plastics hoppers, 9 tank cars, 9 empty tie hoppers, 1 plastics hopper and 23 sand cars.

GLC returned at 1455. Caught 9 sand hoppers, 2 grain hoppers, 2 tank cars and 2 plastics hoppers.

Yesterday they headed north around 1000. I would guess to Petoskey with the hoppers headed out of town today. I had no idea this much power was in town or when 390 and 392 arrived.

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

GRE yard completely empty this morning. Leonard Tower operator, you can mark off today :lol:

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

GLC 397 and 398 left Cadillac at 0905 with 4 pole loads for McBain. They returned at 0955.

Heard them head north at 1040 and I believe I just heard them back at the north end. I would guess they ran to Kalkaska this afternoon.

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Inbound cut of Kings at the GRE. Coming at you Leonard Tower operator. We need a car count, too dark and too many for the mobile Fuller operator to get a count on the roll by.

Patriot

Unread post by Patriot »

GRE --- looked like 8 CHs....high confidence on the car count, not 100% positive that there wasn't a tanker in the mix.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Patriot wrote:GRE --- looked like 8 CHs....high confidence on the car count, not 100% positive that there wasn't a tanker in the mix.
Creston tower noted the horn just after 8am during a history test...would be a nice morning to chase them!

Speaking of Fuller...anyone know the track plans for GDLK's new yard?
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

AANscaleRunner wrote:GLC 397 and 398 left Cadillac at 0905 with 4 pole loads for McBain. They returned at 0955.

Heard them head north at 1040 and I believe I just heard them back at the north end. I would guess they ran to Kalkaska this afternoon.
GLC was in Traverse City/Bates yesterday (Thursday). Maybe there and Kalkaska? They have been coming to TC/Bates twice a week now for the last several weeks.

Patriot

Unread post by Patriot »

GRE --- WB at Leonard/Plainfield at 10:30 with 3 CHs.

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

MQT3001 wrote:Speaking of Fuller...anyone know the track plans for GDLK's new yard?
I think I kept my set from the planning commission meeting. I'll have to look.

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

The ADBF is running west through blissfueld now, through the town west bound.
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

TC Man wrote:GLC was in Traverse City/Bates yesterday (Thursday). Maybe there and Kalkaska? They have been coming to TC/Bates twice a week now for the last several weeks.
That was a quick run to TC, heard them back in Cadillac around 1530. Must have been a drop and run.

GLC 397 and 398 left towards Clare at 1045 with 1 sand hopper, 1 idler flat, 1 pole flat, 1 idler flat, 1 pole flat, 10 sand cars, 8 tank cars and 13 sand cars. Heard them return around 1520.

JANGAJONGA
Epic Fail B34 Master

Unread post by JANGAJONGA »

This really isn't much of an update, but the Annie ran straight from Milan to Osmer last night and met the GLC around midnight. The Annie brought a 60 car grain train, and the GLC handed off a 91 car consist of grain and gons.

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

AANscaleRunner wrote:
TC Man wrote:GLC was in Traverse City/Bates yesterday (Thursday). Maybe there and Kalkaska? They have been coming to TC/Bates twice a week now for the last several weeks.
That was a quick run to TC, heard them back in Cadillac around 1530. Must have been a drop and run.

GLC 397 and 398 left towards Clare at 1045 with 1 sand hopper, 1 idler flat, 1 pole flat, 1 idler flat, 1 pole flat, 10 sand cars, 8 tank cars and 13 sand cars. Heard them return around 1520.
They did come back south out of TC light engines only.

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

1 lone covered hopper at the GRE, no crew.