Great Lakes Central Updates December

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Great Lakes Central Updates December

Unread post by AARR »

390 and 395 departing Durand south engines only
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

BL2-1843
Howell Yardmaster

Unread post by BL2-1843 »

AARR wrote:390 and 395 departing Durand south engines only
While they could be going to Osmer to get a grain empty, my bet is they coming to Ann Pere to get the two wide loads for up north. Perhaps both.

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by AANscaleRunner »

398 and 399 left for Clare today at 1015 with 5 lp tanks and 1 shorter tank.

399 and 398 returned at 1425 with 5 tie loads, 3 tanks, 1 idler flat, 1 equipment load, 1 idler flat and a second equipment load. The loads with idlers are wrapped in plastic and are spotted in the city park just north of the depot.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I believe the equipment loads were picked up from AnnPere yesterday (Sunday).
AANscaleRunner wrote:399 and 398 returned at 1425 with 5 tie loads, 3 tanks, 1 idler flat, 1 equipment load, 1 idler flat and a second equipment load. The loads with idlers are wrapped in plastic and are spotted in the city park just north of the depot.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

KC
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by KC »

AANscaleRunner wrote:399 and 398 returned at 1425 with 5 tie loads, 3 tanks, 1 idler flat, 1 equipment load, 1 idler flat and a second equipment load. The loads with idlers are wrapped in plastic and are spotted in the city park just north of the depot.
TV 7 and 4 had a reporter there to interview a rep from the Alpine Power Plant or someone connected to the project being built in Elmira.
399-398 spotted the turbines by the lakeshore for them.

Kelly
"I feel like an old railroad man
...and I know I can walk along the tracks,
It may take a little longer but I'll know
how to find my way back"

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

KC wrote:
TV 7 and 4 had a reporter there to interview a rep from the Alpine Power Plant or someone connected to the project being built in Elmira.
399-398 spotted the turbines by the lakeshore for them.

Kelly
9 and 10 news also has a story on their front page this morning. I suppose the lakeshore is more scenic than Selma yard, unless you like train cars. :D

KC
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by KC »

http://www.9and10news.com/story/3069041 ... n-cadillac

didn't see anything over on 7 n 4's site yet.

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

398 and 399 left for Clare at 1020 with 3 feed hoppers, 5 empty tie cars, 7 MAC hoppers, 1 plastics hopper, 2 tanks, 3 flat cars, 7 coke empties and 1 tank car.

399 and 398 returned at 1510 with 7 tie loads, 1 tank and 2 covered hoppers.

They ran north yesterday.

Hogger1225
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Hogger1225 »

If anyone is interested, MAC is finished for the season this year. We loaded the last car last night. All done until next fall.
I used to get paid for doing what all of you like to watch!

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Are you referring to their Cadillac transload? I appreciate you posting here. Sounds like you know what's going on. Hopefully you're able to post more often.

Seems like MAC was loading some nice blocks of 10 or so cars at a time.
Hogger1225 wrote:If anyone is interested, MAC is finished for the season this year. We loaded the last car last night. All done until next fall.

Hogger1225
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Hogger1225 »

I was running the little Whiting Trackmobile last season and this season for GLC and MAC.
I used to get paid for doing what all of you like to watch!

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

Per Facebook, GLC 393 is in the paint booth getting a coat of GLC Blue and White.

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

398 and 399 left Cadillac for Clare at 0910 with 12 MAC hoppers.

399 and 398 returned at 1530 with 6 coke hoppers, 2 covered hoppers and a depressed flat heavy equipment load.

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

GLC 399/398, two hoppers and depressed center load north from Kalkaska after stopping for bathroom break while tying up traffic during said bathroom break for 5 minutes. Lol. Guy in little Jeep SUV videotaping train from gas station parking lot. Anyone from here?
CEO of the Waving Institute- teaching great wave forms.

BL2-1843
Howell Yardmaster

Unread post by BL2-1843 »

CSX train W-99809, special move, sat off more wide loads for up north into the GLC transfer at Ann Pere at 2pm Tuesday afternoon. CSX train D708 is there now to fill up the rest of the transfer with regular miscellaneous cars for perhaps a GLC pickup later today.

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

398 and 399 left for Clare yesterday at 1030. Didn't see what they were pulling.

399 and 398 returned tonight at 1800 with 6 tie loads, 1 coke hopper, 1 pole load, 2 tie loads, 2 tanks, 5 tie loads, 2 covered hoppers, 6 tanks, 3 TRGX feed hoppers and 1 full centerbeam.

James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Unread post by James Sofonia »

IMG_0252a.jpg
IMG_0251a.jpg
GLC 399 and 398 passed thru TC about 12 noon with 1 loaded centerbeam headed for Williamsburg. They came back in just a little over an hour with two empty centerbeams.

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

Pixl wrote:
IMG_0252a.jpg
IMG_0251a.jpg
GLC 399 and 398 passed thru TC about 12 noon with 1 loaded centerbeam headed for Williamsburg. They came back in just a little over an hour with two empty centerbeams.

Also, a GLC signal maintainer has spent two days in TC (Monday and Tuesday) working on signals on the Grawn branch. Replaced head on the South Airport (near Cass) crossing and was testing them a few times. Was working on those quite a while. On Monday he was working on the box in Grawn (no lights, but that control the traffic lights at US31/Co. Rd. 633), and spent a long time at the Beitner Road signals- adjusting the heads, turning the signals on and off several times. I followed him in to TC Monday and he didn't stop at any other signals- only those on the Grawn branch (Airport Road Sawyer Road, etc). Same for Tuesday (I got lucky again following him on River Road. Maybe they just have not checked the Grawn branch in a while?

James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Unread post by James Sofonia »

When I went thru Grawn recently it looked like they have cleaned up the ROW of brush and growth including past the Cherry plant on down to the propane bulk plant. New signals and repaving the crossing out there they are getting that branch in nice condition!
The only thing GLC missed is this tree in the TC wye.

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

Pixl wrote:When I went thru Grawn recently it looked like they have cleaned up the ROW of brush and growth including past the Cherry plant on down to the propane bulk plant. New signals and repaving the crossing out there they are getting that branch in nice condition.
There are no new signals on the Grawn branch, just replaced a signal head/lens assembly. Also i went through Grawn today- many pine trees growing between the ties beyond Cherry Growers. Several over 7 feet tall. Were you seeing things, lol?