Mystery CSX Train

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
Y@
Ass. Janitor

Mystery CSX Train

Unread post by Y@ »

Q324 has a CP AC4400CW paired with a Conrail painted NS SD40-2... might already be through Deshler headed for Toledo. Would be a neat catch to see that.
Last edited by Y@ on Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bottom text.

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

Thanks for the head's up on that! Hopefully if I time my lunch right I can catch it at a decent spot...

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

No problem Mike. Not sure on engine numbers, but here's his consist, per a buddy of mine.

CP AC4400CW ####
NS SD40-2 ####

1 MQT Boxcar
2 CSX Boxcars
11 CSX gondolas
1 CEFX Covered Hopper
1 SIRX Covered Hopper
1 MQT Boxcar
1 EACH Boxcar
2 CN Boxcars
1 CSX Covered Hopper
1 IC Boxcar
1 RBOX Boxcar
1 ADM Covered Hopper
5 ADM Tank Cars
1 CSX/CR Gondola
5 AGP Tank cars
1 ABOX Boxcar
1 CSX Sand Hopper
1 B&O Sand Hopper (unpatched)
1 CSX Sand Hopper
1 MQT Sand Hopper
3 CSX Sand Hoppers
1 CN Boxcar
1 NS Boxcars
2 CSX Boxcars
3 OTTX Flats
1 CSX Boxcar
1 SOO Boxcar
7 Procor Tank Cars
1 CSX Boxcar
4 RBOX Boxcars
2 CSX Covered Hoppers
1 UP Covered Hopper
1 SCL Covered Hopper (unpatched; Family Lines)
3 CSX Covered Hoppers
1 CSX Covered Hopper (RFP Paint)
1 SBD Covered Hopper (Unpatched; Family Lines)
1 CN Boxcar
1 RBOX Boxcar
3 CP Covered Hoppers
1 SOO Covered Hopper
2 CSX Gondolas
2 OMYA Tank Cars
1 CSX Boxcar
1 CN Boxcar
4 OTTX Flats
1 CSX Boxcar
Bottom text.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

Hmm... not sure what it is, but it's not a Q324. Heading into the yard in Stanley now. SMALL CHANCE, but could be Q50824 running early. There were some OTTX flats in Defiance Yard last night, and the block of sand cars sounds like it's from GM. The gondolas and coil steel cars (somehow I forgot to type in the block of steel cars that were mid-train, thats what happens when you walk away from the computer for food :roll: ) sound like a regular 508 commodity, and all the boxcars and hoppers usually come off the MAW.
Bottom text.

gridejq
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by gridejq »

Q324-23

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

gridejq wrote:Q324-23
Do you mean the train with CP/NS is 324-23 or the one in Stanley? Prior to the original post I saw a train yard into Stanley with a CSX widecab leading a NS widecab and then while out heard a 324 (I thought 324-23) talking to Stanley yard so I figure it's the one I saw earlier. Whatever the CP/NS lashup is, it sure hasn't come up the Sub yet as of 1220...

Regards,
Michael

gridejq
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by gridejq »

Well my whole message got cut so here is what it was suppose to say...Q324-23 is your train that arrived at 1130........power was a CSX/NS combo.....I dont see any other trains that had any NS or CP power anywhere near Stanley or Walbridge.........could be in the Avon pool because I didnt look that up..........but that consist of cars looks like the Q324-13 consist..........

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

Oh my god... I feel so embarrased... your train actually went to FOSTORIA, and turned north to Walbridge... Should've clarified it with my bud, all he said was going to Toledo, then said it was going into the yard in Toledo, but he didn't say which. I just called and asked, and he said Walbridge. I'm REALLY sorry Mike, I should've gotten the clarity first.

God i feel like such a dumbazz... my bad

and JQ, are you sure you didn't see any CP/NS power? my bud said he chased it from Defiance to Fostoria then up to Walbridge...
Bottom text.

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

gridejq wrote:Well my whole message got cut so here is what it was suppose to say...Q324-23 is your train that arrived at 1130........power was a CSX/NS combo.....I dont see any other trains that had any NS or CP power anywhere near Stanley or Walbridge.........could be in the Avon pool because I didnt look that up..........but that consist of cars looks like the Q324-13 consist..........
Thanks for the follow up. By time I heard/realized 324-23 was already in Stanley (and not the power I thought) I'd already burned a good chunk of my lunch so I stayed put to at least get an overhead shot of a yard job going from Rossford to Stanley with a solo Conrail geep - but even there I got kind of cloud-f**ked on the shot. Heard trains all over where I normally go, but ended up with one dim shot of a yard job.

Anyway, I'll let you guys know if I see the CP come up the Sub this afternoon but I didn't hear anything coming when I came back to the office and it's still quiet out there...

Regards,
Michael

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

4PM and no CP on the Sub so far (no movements at all since that yard job I saw at Lunch today). They either tied it down in a siding or (more likely) whatever it was didn't go this way.

Regards,
Michael