CSX GRE MQT Train Location Update 8-22-08

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

CSX GRE MQT Train Location Update 8-22-08

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

Quiet at the GRE, 119 pushing 371. Sophie and her mom and dad were at the Alpine Twp meeting on Monday and Sophie and dad at the Planning Commission last night complaining about all the whistling and switching at Michigan Rail. Sophie is going to junior high and has to get up an hour earlier this year and she can't sleep at night. :roll:

odave
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by odave »

MTY coal SB through Holly at 6:30am. I was too late to get loco numbers, but the cars were the shiny new CPOX variety (3240, 3237, etc.)

donnieland
Owner of Donnieland's Outpost

326 eb by east waverly

Unread post by donnieland »

326 eb by east waverly 730am
figure a hudsonville meet with p370 if they are on time
326 had 2 six axles and 26 cars
2nd motor was a hlcx iirc in milwaukee road colors i believe?
don baxter

SteveHiuzenga
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by SteveHiuzenga »

Don...I thought the second unit was more like the old GN. I was sitting on the other end of town when he went by. There were no signs of old lettering that I could see, but it really looked liked the orange/green paint of GN, not of BNSF!

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

It's Goin Rain!
Taking a trip to Ludington and Manistee it looks like today with the family.

That Green and orange unit... a couple days ago, there was a green and orange HLCX unit around, can't remember the number though.

Cry more Sophie, noobcakes.

Q32622 - GRAND RAPIDS MI CG 1 08-22-2008 09:00
Q32722 - set to leave Detroit at 2pm
Q33422 - ERIE MI CCA125 08-22-2008 07:46
Q33522 - FOWLERVILLE MI CH 62 08-22-2008 09:11
CP X50020 - ROUGEMERE MI CH 7 08-22-2008 03:50
N90321, N91019 - haven't left Chicago yet
X20620 - GRAND RAPIDS MI CG 1 08-22-2008 01:15 (racks to GR)
E94920 -CALUMET PARK OS IL DCC 7 08-22-2008 09:17
E94921 - not moving yet
K90822 - not moving yet (Chicago to Lansing loaded stone)
Amtrak P37122 - GROSS MI CG 62 08-22-2008 09:21
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

donnieland
Owner of Donnieland's Outpost

hi steve

Unread post by donnieland »

you could be correct about the leased unit on 326,
gn also had brown and orange for color scheme like the
milwaukee road of old, i had forgot about the gn rr
have a good day
don
don baxter

rob
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by rob »

hlcx 8145 ex bn paint into bnsf colors

Rob

AveryRdhouse
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by AveryRdhouse »

The whole deal with Sophie is starting to grind my hole. I'm on that job for the forseeable future and have done it recent in the past. We bend over backwards to try and keep the the noise down. We will only switch Mich. Rail one direction now instead of both like in the past. Mich. Rail is trying to keep the noise down when moving the cars with the track mobile. I have a good friend that lives a few houses down and he say's they can barely hear us. I now mister what's his nuts has been back there yelling at the crew's and has had the cop's called on him. If he want's us to have a local that works only when he's not home, HE can pay for it. You might want to watch yourself Mr. What's your Nut's. People like you have disappeared before.
Bill

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Heard what I assume was Q326 heading east past Shaffer at 10 to 12.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

The whole deal with Sophie is starting to grind my hole. I'm on that job for the forseeable future and have done it recent in the past. We bend over backwards to try and keep the the noise down. We will only switch Mich. Rail one direction now instead of both like in the past. Mich. Rail is trying to keep the noise down when moving the cars with the track mobile. I have a good friend that lives a few houses down and he say's they can barely hear us. I now mister what's his nuts has been back there yelling at the crew's and has had the cop's called on him. If he want's us to have a local that works only when he's not home, HE can pay for it. You might want to watch yourself Mr. What's your Nut's. People like you have disappeared before.
I have been to every Township board meeting since April working on getting Rusche Dr extended across the tracks. The "family" has been to every meeting and usually "mom" is the most vocal. One cannot reason with her or dad. Last night it was dad & Sophie at the planning commission and "Al" the neighbor. I talked with Al afterwards and he doesn't understand why you have to run at night because CSX never did. "Harold" is the other one, he's the nut case. Since it's an election year, one of the trustees has taken up the cause, he was there last night too :roll: . One of the planning commissioners lives closeby and he said it doesn't bother him, the rebuttel was "it's not in your backyard like the siding is in ours".

It's been an interesting process, they neighbors fought the road extension because the problem with the train "is only going to get worse". Last night was the last "approval" needed. The bonds will be sold in the next 30 days and then construction can begin :D. We're going to put the new crossing between the Weeks and Ambassador switches.

I told a couple of the trustees that the neighbors should meet the train crew with cold drinks in the summer and hot chocolate or coffee in the winter. Things would be a lot better that way :wink:

You going to be running the train from Ludington to Walhalla and return on the 12th? 8)

Tlout
WZZM's "train expert"

Unread post by Tlout »

E94921 is stopped on the main by Holland Depot - 1:22 PM.

EDIT: Just heard that E949 is on the move again westbound.

AveryRdhouse
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by AveryRdhouse »

Thanks RailDudesDad. No, I won't be on the train on the 12th. I'll be arguing with the neighbors at 7 mile. They may as well get used to it. That area is a good growth spot on the line. Things will get busier and a whole lot noisier weather the NIMBY's like it or not. Time to Move.
Bill

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

AveryRdhouse wrote:Thanks RailDudesDad. No, I won't be on the train on the 12th. I'll be arguing with the neighbors at 7 mile. They may as well get used to it. That area is a good growth spot on the line. Things will get busier and a whole lot noisier weather the NIMBY's like it or not. Time to Move.
Al told me last night that he's looking at a place in Kent City. Hope it's a long ways from the tracks. :lol:

Tlout
WZZM's "train expert"

Unread post by Tlout »

D80122 south at Riley Street - 7:48 PM. Going to fetch a coal drag I bet. Light power - BNSF 5610, 6149.

leo28150
Deactivated

Unread post by leo28150 »

Bill, you weren't in Ludington the other day making a mess on the wye were you?

I understand the road crew will actually have to use the switches at the west end of 8, 9, and 10 tracks, and even worse, the poor hogger will have to switch ends on the locos, can you imagine.......

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

MTY coal SB through Holly at 6:30am. I was too late to get loco numbers, but the cars were the shiny new CPOX variety (3240, 3237, etc.)
It was likely BNSF 9656 and 8958.