Pioneer Covered Wagon location updates: 4/1/12.

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
trnwatcher
My name ain't Steven

Re: Pioneer Covered Wagon location updates: 4/1/12.

Unread post by trnwatcher »

19:10 EDT SOUNDS LIKE Q32701 CREW IS HEADING TO THE DIESEL HOUSE TO PICK UP THEIR POWER.
Steven F. Shick
http://www.youtube.com/user/trnwatcher
http://www.trnwatcher.net

I.T. guy/Railfan
"The true railfan has two favorite railroads....the Baltimore & Ohio and another one." - Charles S. Roberts

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Saw the Coopersville & Marne out today....looks like the Bunny Train. Looked like 4 Cars, the last two were pretty full. 7014 looks nice...It'd be neat to see her in a background of white snow.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

penn central
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by penn central »

After leaving Corry yard west of Lansing i drove up to Baldwin Mich for a wonderful Z151 chase i spent the night in a log cabin in Baldwin, I chased him from Baldwin to Judd St in Grand Rapids, For power was the 3003, 2004, and the 3001, Coming north i chased him same power in reverse 3001 leading and 103 cars.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

MQT3001 wrote:Saw the Coopersville & Marne out today....looks like the Bunny Train. Looked like 4 Cars, the last two were pretty full. 7014 looks nice...It'd be neat to see her in a background of white snow.
7014 has had it's trucks and underframe recently repainted and many other spots touched up and waxed/buffed out. It looks better than I've ever seen it.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

tsinoms
Adult Gerber Baby

Unread post by tsinoms »

SD80MAC wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:Saw the Coopersville & Marne out today....looks like the Bunny Train. Looked like 4 Cars, the last two were pretty full. 7014 looks nice...It'd be neat to see her in a background of white snow.
7014 has had it's trucks and underframe recently repainted and many other spots touched up and waxed/buffed out. It looks better than I've ever seen it.
And I helped! She also had the handrails touched up as well. Guys did a wonderful job touching her up this winter! In also noticed the 3049 has a new snowplow??
This is my life. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

If this is a problem get used to it.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

tsinoms wrote:
SD80MAC wrote:
And I helped! She also had the handrails touched up as well. Guys did a wonderful job touching her up this winter! In also noticed the 3049 has a new snowplow??
Not new, just recently re-installed.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

i995impalass
Yooper Foamer

Unread post by i995impalass »

MQT3001 wrote:
trnwatcher wrote: Sounds like they stoped to switch Vans on the way north. Track inspector called them and told them they where still sitting in the crossing at Turner St. by a car and a half. Conductor was talking to the RN at the time.
I've seen it where only the last car is halfway on the crossing...just barely stopping anyone from going around the gates....including my grandpa and I, who were trying to get ahead of it :roll:
Since PM so kindly interchanged more tonnage than the MN&E 3001, CP 5803, and GMTX 2191 could pull on the "stock block", and the Park siding is OOS, the conductor on the caboose, Fred, forgot to say they had the caboose left over Turner in front of the Stadium Arena. The extra friction bearing cars were brought to Sparta.