CSX Train Location Updates: 3/19/14

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: 3/19/14

Unread post by TC Man »

MQT3001 wrote:
TC Man wrote:So, Dok, on more friendly note- any idea if those GLC tie loads and tanks for Kalkaska made it to the GLC yet? Hoping to catch them hauling to Cadillac...
There was a half-dozen car string on the cut from 335 several days ago that had ties in hoppers...if those are it, they are no closer to the GLC than Wyoming. They would still have to make Lansing, and then try, try, try to make AnnPere, but we all know how that goes...
Those are part of them- Doktor mention 20 cars or so the day before those came into Wyoming. To about 26 total so far. Plus several propane tanks for the energy company near Kalkaska (thinking the one that got a test car last summer but before that has not used rail since the MIGN days...
CEO of the Waving Institute- teaching great wave forms.

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

Well you guys can tell Jacksonville, there are 3 EMPTY yards on the Detroit Sub. Levan (Ford Livonia), Allied (between Farmington and Merriman), and Middlebelt could handle traffic until things get moving again, each are atleast 5+ tracks and a 1/4 mile+ long haven't seen cars in Levan or Allied in over 4 years. Also, East Yard in Plymouth was looking a tad bare, as I know Lincoln Yard in Wixom could handle cars.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

TC Man wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:
TC Man wrote:So, Dok, on more friendly note- any idea if those GLC tie loads and tanks for Kalkaska made it to the GLC yet? Hoping to catch them hauling to Cadillac...
There was a half-dozen car string on the cut from 335 several days ago that had ties in hoppers...if those are it, they are no closer to the GLC than Wyoming. They would still have to make Lansing, and then try, try, try to make AnnPere, but we all know how that goes...
Those are part of them- Doktor mention 20 cars or so the day before those came into Wyoming. To about 26 total so far. Plus several propane tanks for the energy company near Kalkaska (thinking the one that got a test car last summer but before that has not used rail since the MIGN days...
One of those cars was the CSXT 943151. The cars were a mix of older hoppers, some bottom dump, some with rotating couplers.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Unread post by Racer »

TrainWatcher wrote:Well you guys can tell Jacksonville, there are 3 EMPTY yards on the Detroit Sub. Levan (Ford Livonia), Allied (between Farmington and Merriman), and Middlebelt could handle traffic until things get moving again, each are atleast 5+ tracks and a 1/4 mile+ long haven't seen cars in Levan or Allied in over 4 years. Also, East Yard in Plymouth was looking a tad bare, as I know Lincoln Yard in Wixom could handle cars.
Lincoln Yard already contains all the local traffic that Flint/ McGrew Yard handled before it closed. East Yard is handling all the inbounds from Detroit including the traffic for Lincoln Yard and customers north of Plymouth. I'm sure Rougemere could handle the extra cars to keep this overflow from happening since the terminal is not "as busy" as it once was, but no 326/327 for Detroit cuts out the option to run the overflowing traffic directly to Grand Rapids.
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Are you talking about those IFRX bathtub gons? More should be on their way to Lansing on D707 today.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/