GTW 490/491 - IORY updates

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
KenB
Railroadfan...fan

GTW 490/491 - IORY updates

Unread post by KenB »

Got a tip on some unusal power on GTW 490 so took off to find train. Finally caught train at Flat Rock (MI) Yard. Power was: CN 5608, 2661, IC 100, 101. Crew took power to D&I Junction, turned power than backed down to the yard @1150 to get their train.
GTW #491 will have this same set of locomotives. The IC 100 & 101 are to be set off in Battle Creek.
KenB

Mackinac Mac
Railroadfan...fan

IORY updates for Today anyone?

Unread post by Mackinac Mac »

Any updates on IORY Flatrock, Carleton?

Thanks

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Re: GTW 490/491

Unread post by AARR »

Thanks Ken. What work does 490 and 491 do enroute? Detroit? Moterm? Pontiac? Anywhere else?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

GLC 392
TSBY/GLC KID

Re: GTW 490/491

Unread post by GLC 392 »

usually... Moterm, Pontiac, Durand, Lansing, Battle Creek and then not sure after that but i know that i have seen 491 at Homewood/Markham and i have also seen them at Dolton.

KenB
Railroadfan...fan

Re: GTW 490/491 - IORY updates

Unread post by KenB »

GTW train #491 with the IC 100,101 rolled through Yellow Cab in Pontiac, MI @ 1730.

Todd Cline
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Todd Cline »

So are the E's still in BC? I might head down to the yard tomorrow if they are still in town. But, I have to be VERY CAREFUL not to set foot on CN property now that the CN gumshoes have my information in their database. Yes, I was trackside in BC to see the 4449 come through last month and a CN cop detained about a dozen of us for being "too close to the tracks". Took our ID info., told us we would go to jail if we were ever caught on RR property again. Hmmm,,, Seems to me if the railroads were trying to make a good public relations gesture by letting the 4449 run, they totally destroyed that good will by threatening their RR supportive friends with arrest and imprisonment. WTF???
I really wish I'd gotten the name/badge# of that RR cop.(all I know is he said he came all the way from Detroit). He was WAY over the top. Imagine Barney Fife on a bad cocaine trip!. It was that bad!

Todd.

KenB
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by KenB »

Todd:

That is to bad. you should have gotten his badge number and reported him. The CN police office in Durand was ok. His rules which he made known were not to be on the tracks. You could come up to the edge of the ties but stay off the tracks. Perty simple eh? Yet they were a lot of fans walking on the tracks, getting in the way of people who were trying to take pictures, standing around on the tracks. WTF. Cop give everybody simple rules so that everyone could see locomotive (SP 4449) and take pictures and some just could not accept that.
Don't forget. The railroads wish we were not around. CN only ran train because it was an Amtrak train, not for our enjoyment and if they had their way would round us all up and send us to Gitmo and let the terrost go free.
KenB

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Don't forget. The railroads wish we were not around. CN only ran train because it was an Amtrak train, not for our enjoyment and if they had their way would round us all up and send us to Gitmo and let the terrost go free.
Misplaced priorities IMO. Seems like they'd want to dedicate the police resources to keeping vandals away from their equipment and thieves away from their intermodal trains. But then again, maybe I'm wrong and pedestrians and railfans are a greater threat than I realize. Some foamers do act like the railroads revolve around them...
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

A No.1
To Portland

Unread post by A No.1 »

Todd Cline wrote:So are the E's still in BC? I might head down to the yard tomorrow if they are still in town. But, I have to be VERY CAREFUL not to set foot on CN property now that the CN gumshoes have my information in their database. Yes, I was trackside in BC to see the 4449 come through last month and a CN cop detained about a dozen of us for being "too close to the tracks". Took our ID info., told us we would go to jail if we were ever caught on RR property again. Hmmm,,, Seems to me if the railroads were trying to make a good public relations gesture by letting the 4449 run, they totally destroyed that good will by threatening their RR supportive friends with arrest and imprisonment. WTF???
I really wish I'd gotten the name/badge# of that RR cop.(all I know is he said he came all the way from Detroit). He was WAY over the top. Imagine Barney Fife on a bad cocaine trip!. It was that bad!

Todd.

WOW!!! I guess I'd better be carfull aswell. I haven't had that kind of run-in yet and I don't want one.
Mark it Zero.

A No.1
To Portland

Unread post by A No.1 »

Any Updates? This morning 9-19-09 @ 1000am I did a little drive around the Battle Creek yard and found no sign of 100 or 101. I paid close attention to the West Tower area and car shop. Unless they have them inside the car shop.
Mark it Zero.

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

IORY 401 down here in Springfield Ohio, went looking for it but didn't see it.
Exit stage left

elliot98SS
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by elliot98SS »

I called a friend of mine to see if he has heard anything on his scanner, turns out he is on a trip to the other side of Jackson. On his way home he is going to check out BC.
--Elliot
visit me on e bay, seller list wnovess99

A No.1
To Portland

Unread post by A No.1 »

Went by the B.C. Yard this evening. On the West side of the Emmit bridge there were so many cop cars I couldn't get in to the fuel depot. I Have never seen that may cops in one place at one time. "They were taking plastic tire tracks foot prints dog smellin prints. And they took 27 8x10 color glossic photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explainin what each one was to be used as evidence against us. They took pictures of the approach the getaway the northwest corner the southwest corner and that’s not to mention the Aerial photography. "

No sign of an IC E unit though.
Mark it Zero.