Looking ahead to the Circus - Auburn Hills Nov 10th

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Looking ahead to the Circus - Auburn Hills Nov 10th

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

Sitting here with nothing to do today, and looking ahead to the circus train, her is what I see.

Lexington, KY Aug 27, 28, 29
Moline, IL Sep 2, 3, 4, 5
KC, KC, Sep 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Grand Rapids, MI. Sep 16, 17, 18, 19
Toledo, Oh. Sep 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
Manchester, NH Sep 30, Oct 1, 2, 3
Worchester MA Oct 7, 8, 9, 10 ,11
Boston MA Oct 13, 14, 15, 16, 17,
Detroit, MI Nov 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

Not sure what is going to happen between Boston and Detroit, as that is almost a month, but did not see anything listed on there schedule.

I would think that GR to Toledo, would be via Elkhart, but could be CSX GR to Toledo, with interchange to NS at Alexis. (Last year the head end cars were down at the depot, and the rest at Mega, so I would guess the same this year)
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

CN_Okemos
Railroadfan...fan

Barnum and Bailey Circus

Unread post by CN_Okemos »

I caught the Blue circus train west thru Berea, OH on NS just after 8 last night. They are headed for Omaha Nebraska. I think its interesting that they criss cross the country with their shows. The Blue train will be back in Cleveland in October for shows here.
Greg

Railfanning the nearly dead CSX Plymouth Sub and slightly more active CN Flint Sub.

bdconrail29
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Looking ahead to the Circus

Unread post by bdconrail29 »

CN_Okemos? Oh how I loved my time at MSU and railfanning the CN. I liked the single/double out there. I liked tracing the interurban through that area as well. I was there 2002-2004. I used to sit at Perry quite a bit, other than Durand.
Brett

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

This was posted over on TO, and thought it might be good to get saved somwhere were those that wont be able to acess it in the future could still look at it. It is a list of the history of the cars on both trains.

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/r ... ?1,2230617

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Unread post by Jochs »

Of course, if it did go to GR on CSX, it would have to go through in the middle of the night like last year, otherwise, it may get seen and photographed by foamers :roll:
Jeff O.
Celebrating 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Jochs wrote:Of course, if it did go to GR on CSX, it would have to go through in the middle of the night like last year, otherwise, it may get seen and photographed by foamers :roll:
Ah ha, but even though it didn't go through your area last year in sunlight, when it was nearing Grand Rapids, it was in light:

Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

rolloffdvr22
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by rolloffdvr22 »

I see there is a new gold line, would that be by rail too?

GTWChris
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GTWChris »

rolloffdvr22 wrote:I see there is a new gold line, would that be by rail too?
I believe the Gold Line is by truck and buses and the show is not as big as the Red/Blue.

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Gold Line has been around for a while. First I rember was our first or second ever meet in Fostoria, where I told Elen where to go because she did not know what she was talking about.

StrayWolf716
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by StrayWolf716 »

Just recieved word, from a reliable source, that it's in the works to bring the train back south from Grand Rapids down the Grand Elk, into Elkhart, and then west to Toledo. In other words, the routing it used to take pre-GDLK. I would like to see this scenario play out, and I'll be paying attention to see if more details emerge.

A No.1
To Portland

Unread post by A No.1 »

Thank you for the info Straywolf.
Mark it Zero.

StrayWolf716
Railroadfan...fan

No prob, Aaron. I'd say it would be quite interesting to see GDLK handle that train, especially if they use their own power. Who says Elks can't be in a circus? First time for everything. Have'nt heard anything again whether that's a possibility or not.

Now it's off to my daily circus...and that's in the form of a local road crew. See ya.

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

The train had a pair of CSX units when it arrived into the Quad Cities.

tsinoms
Adult Gerber Baby

Unread post by tsinoms »

GTW6401 wrote:The train had a pair of CSX units when it arrived into the Quad Cities.
Do you happen to have the numbers?
This is my life. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

If this is a problem get used to it.

amtk24
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by amtk24 »

Keep an eye for the Red Unit on 09/13/10, going Kansas City to Grand Rapids. Could go CSX to Anderson to be given to NS, could go NS via Lafayette to the Marion Branch, or could go through Chicago to reach NS for Grand Rapids

StrayWolf716
Railroadfan...fan

amtk24 wrote:Keep an eye for the Red Unit on 09/13/10, going Kansas City to Grand Rapids. Could go CSX to Anderson to be given to NS, could go NS via Lafayette to the Marion Branch, or could go through Chicago to reach NS for Grand Rapids
Wouldn't mind seeing it travel up the Marion Branch. However, if it were to go through Chicago, wouldn't it be interchanged to the CSX to get to Grand Rapids, like last year? NS is no more in GR. And I haven't heard anything of it travelling north on the Grand Elk, to Grand Rapids.

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

amtk24 wrote:Keep an eye for the Red Unit on 09/13/10, going Kansas City to Grand Rapids. Could go CSX to Anderson to be given to NS, could go NS via Lafayette to the Marion Branch, or could go through Chicago to reach NS for Grand Rapids
The times it took the Marion Branch it was because the show had dates in Indy immediately before the Grand Rapids ones. I personally look for BNSF to Chicago, then either CSX or NS east (NS via Elkhart and Grand Elk). Anything going via St. Louis to CSX would involve getting the NS to take the train at Anderson, and then a run around (and any associated switching) in Elkhart. BNSF to Chicago is more direct. Running NS to Wabash and up the Marion Branch would require the same run around move at Elkhart. But...who knows?

Practice Safe CSX

amtk24
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by amtk24 »

I have been informed that it will run on BNSF rails for part of the trip, although I don't know if they have a line to St. Louis or just to Chicago.

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

tsinoms wrote:
GTW6401 wrote:The train had a pair of CSX units when it arrived into the Quad Cities.
Do you happen to have the numbers?
CSXT 5317 and 7822.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Trainorders has this info for a Tuesday move:
Kansas City, MO to Grand Rapids, MI.

From incoming data received from fellow rail fans and circus train followers. Routing will be a BNSF move out of KC MO. Locations along the MO route: Missouri City, Hale, Summer, Brookfield (CC, AC, TI), Bucklin, New Cambria, Bevier, Clarence, Monroe City, West Quincy (CC). IL: Quincy, Bushnell, Galesburg (CC), Aurora, Chicago.

Chicago, IL: Handoff to CSXT for the rest of the “jump”. IAW present incoming data (as of this post) handoff to CSXT will take place somewhere around 71 St, Chicago, and proceed to Grand Rapids, MI.

Upon arrival at Grand Rapids CSXT will handoff the consist to the Grand Elk Railroad for consist breakdown and spotting for offloading.
---------------
does anyone know what symbol this train will have? last year was P916
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com