CSX Train Location Updates: 1/7/14

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

CSX Train Location Updates: 1/7/14

Unread post by Jochs »

N910-04 is currently going through St. Joseph. Sounds like BNSF 8788 leading.
E950-04 with BNSF 8895 leading will go west once N910 clears the switch at Benton Harbor.
Jeff O.
Celebrating over 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Re: CSX Train Location Updates: 1/7/14

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

No change at the GRE, 371 is there with the power on the rear. Lots of switch cleaning needs to be done.

Tlout
WZZM's "train expert"

Unread post by Tlout »

CSX 2231, 6422 pushing a caboose north at Riley St. Holland 9:40 AM.

Heading back south with 2 boxcars 10:14 AM.

cnw8835
Grain Train Fetish LOLZ

Unread post by cnw8835 »

D700 just hit a semi at a private crossing between the west end of Hudsonville and Vriesland. Train crew is fine but I could not understand what they said about the semi driver.

aadti
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by aadti »

cnw8835 wrote:D700 just hit a semi at a private crossing between the west end of Hudsonville and Vriesland. Train crew is fine but I could not understand what they said about the semi driver.
According to Ottawa County Fire Dispatch the Driver is ok
Mark

PlymouthStationGuy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PlymouthStationGuy »

Q272?? cleared Haggerty Rd. Plymouth @ 13:51
Plymouth Station Guy
Please do not poke at the ramp agent because he has the power to make your vacation
memorable or miserable. It all depends on what flight you bags go on.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

P371 should be clear of Michigan City by now.
Last edited by Saturnalia on Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

¶aragraph
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ¶aragraph »

MQT3001 wrote:P370 should be clear of Michigan City by now.
P37107, not P370.

q32607 never left chicago
q32706 annulled
q32707 22:00 grand rapids departure
q33407 20:00 grand rapids departure, q33406 didn't depart
q33506 died at Plymouth this morning.
q33507 hasn't left toledo
q32107 hasn't left flint, q32106 annulled
q32207 hasn't left toledo, q32206 annulled
d70007 arrived grand rapids 4pm
d70707 grand ledge 4:30pm
d70807 lansing since 9am
q24107 annulled
q50707 at perry BE 192
q24107 annulled. q24106 SE Troy OH BE 78
Q51207 South Deshler BIO 63
q15107, q15007, q21607 annulled

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

cnw8835 wrote:D700 just hit a semi at a private crossing between the west end of Hudsonville and Vriesland. Train crew is fine but I could not understand what they said about the semi driver.
Hadn't seen this link posted yet:

http://www.woodtv.com/news/local/ottawa ... eeland-twp

I can't remember, are there gates at that crossing?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

64th does not have gates, only flashers. None of the private crossings have more than a stop sign and crossbucks, if the latter. Trains do not blow for them. Perhaps in bad weather they should...

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

MQT3001 wrote:64th does not have gates, only flashers. None of the private crossings have more than a stop sign and crossbucks, if the latter. Trains do not blow for them. Perhaps in bad weather they should...
Why did you mention anything about private crossings? How do you know they don't blow for them in bad weather? Anyway, I'm sure they were blowing loud and long for 64th. And I don't know how a truck driver, just pulling out of a driveway nearby, doesn't see the crossing flashers going.
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

J T wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:64th does not have gates, only flashers. None of the private crossings have more than a stop sign and crossbucks, if the latter. Trains do not blow for them. Perhaps in bad weather they should...
Why did you mention anything about private crossings? How do you know they don't blow for them in bad weather?
Because the accident occurred at one. Looks to be that farm about 3/4 of the way between WE Hudsonville and the Vriesland Curve.

I suppose you may have me, I am not sure if they blow for them in bad weather or not...but I don't ever recall there being a statue requiring it, nor seen it in practice.
J T wrote:Anyway, I'm sure they were blowing loud and long for 64th. And I don't know how a truck driver, just pulling out of a driveway nearby, doesn't see the crossing flashers going.
So? Even if he heard it, no guarantee he could clear up in time. That private crossing (all of them on that stretch) are uphill going south. Couple that with Chicago Drive, and it would be difficult to clear up in a hurry. I wasn't there, nor know all the details, I'm just trying to say there may (and likely so) have been little known warning to the impending collision for the truck driver to react in the best way possible. Human nature is as predictable as people are different.

Sometimes, too, railfans don't think about how the general public is NOT accustomed to being around railroad crossing warnings. As people who make a big deal over them, we're very aware when approaching the tracks...most people cannot say the same. 99.5% of the time I see a train, I knew the train was coming, and the remainder I at least had heightened awareness as a railfan.

How many people around Walker (Standale) hear (and remember it) the trains in Grandville? I know I hear them...I post about it often. To most people, train horns, especially from far away, are filtered out as "junk" information by their brains.

Ramsey
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Ramsey »

Q322 is between Holly and Grand Blanc.
Approach Slow indication at S. Grand Blanc.
I don't know the power.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

MQT3001 wrote:
J T wrote: Why did you mention anything about private crossings? How do you know they don't blow for them in bad weather?
Because the accident occurred at one. Looks to be that farm about 3/4 of the way between WE Hudsonville and the Vriesland Curve.

I suppose you may have me, I am not sure if they blow for them in bad weather or not...but I don't ever recall there being a statue requiring it, nor seen it in practice.
I see they have updated the story in the link I posted above to say it was at a private crossing. It initially said 64th St. That definitely makes a difference then. Regardless, driver error.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

J T wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:
J T wrote: Why did you mention anything about private crossings? How do you know they don't blow for them in bad weather?

I see they have updated the story in the link I posted above to say it was at a private crossing. It initially said 64th St. That definitely makes a difference then. Regardless, driver error.
Every time I read the story it said "near 64th"...and CNW said it was a private xing from the beginning...glad to see we're on the same page.

BTW, when are you going to get shot off at 64th? I've been waiting for a nice photo of a scene like this ever since the "obstructions" came down.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »