My version of Penn Central

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Re: My version of Penn Central

Unread post by conrailman75 »

OCS-501 with FP7 4371 and 1 car(the observation car) departed Fort Wayne at 12pm today and is going to travel up the Eastern Branch to Toledo, OH where it will overnight before interchanging to the Ann Arbor RR Sunday morning so that the AA can take it up to Ford Field where PC's CEO and a few invited guests will take in the Detroit Lions' home opener against the St. Louis Rams.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

conrailman75 wrote:OCS-501 with FP7 4371 and 1 car(the observation car) departed Fort Wayne at 12pm today and is going to travel up the Eastern Branch to Toledo, OH where it will overnight before interchanging to the Ann Arbor RR Sunday morning so that the AA can take it up to Ford Field where PC's CEO and a few invited guests will take in the Detroit Lions' home opener against the St. Louis Rams.
Did it use TSCR's TBR?
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

DT&I wrote:
conrailman75 wrote:OCS-501 with FP7 4371 and 1 car(the observation car) departed Fort Wayne at 12pm today and is going to travel up the Eastern Branch to Toledo, OH where it will overnight before interchanging to the Ann Arbor RR Sunday morning so that the AA can take it up to Ford Field where PC's CEO and a few invited guests will take in the Detroit Lions' home opener against the St. Louis Rams.
Did it use TSCR's TBR?
It had to, because that is the only way we can connect to the AA in Toledo. This is also how our interchange transfer trains to the AA travel as well from our yard.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

conrailman75 wrote:
DT&I wrote:
Did it use TSCR's TBR?
It had to, because that is the only way we can connect to the AA in Toledo. This is also how our interchange transfer trains to the AA travel as well from our yard.
Its ok you have a trackage rights agreement until 2016 along with MQT, CSX, NS, CN, and WCSR.

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Penn Central is going to test for 30 days a BNSF ES44C4 to check out GE's new "A1A" technology(I know that's not what they call it, but its what I refer to it as)
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Today, American Electric Power, Penn Central, Union Pacific, and the Utah Belt RR(represented by their CEO Eric Brooman) signed a new agreement to start bringing in unit coal trains into AEP's Mexico, IN power plant from mines on the Utah Belt. The trains, which will run as UUB on Penn Central, will feature run through Utah Belt motive power. This agreement will allow AEP to continue to receive western coal, but at a much reduced rate than they currently receive from BNSF. AEP did state that they will continue to receive coal trains from BNSF with Powder River coal but at a much more reduced rate than they currently do right now(1 train a day from the current total of four). PC will be running up to two or three trains a day into the power plant from the Utah Belt, which will utilize a mix of AEPX and UB cars. PC will take the trains from Chicago to Mexico, IN and back to Chicago and then UP will run them to the UB at El Paso, TX where they will regain home rails for the remainder of their journey.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

Utah Belt huh? They have Utah Belt engines in Trainz Simulator and TS2012 lol Is the Utah Belt you're talking about have a grey, black, and yellow scheme?

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Yep, that would be the one. Kind of funny that Eric Brooman's layout has become so famous that the new train simulator games feature his railroad's paint scheme in them. Wonder what other famous model railroad paint schemes exist in those games?
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

conrailman75 wrote:Yep, that would be the one. Kind of funny that Eric Brooman's layout has become so famous that the new train simulator games feature his railroad's paint scheme in them. Wonder what other famous model railroad paint schemes exist in those games?
Hmm all i know is that one off hand

TCtrainguy17
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TCtrainguy17 »

DT&I wrote:
conrailman75 wrote:Yep, that would be the one. Kind of funny that Eric Brooman's layout has become so famous that the new train simulator games feature his railroad's paint scheme in them. Wonder what other famous model railroad paint schemes exist in those games?
Allen McClelland's V&O is also in trainz.

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

TCtrainguy17 wrote: Allen McClelland's V&O is also in trainz.
I kind of figured that one would be in there, Allen created probably the most famous fictional model railroad in existance! Speaking of Allen, I got to finally meet him in person at our local Division 3 meet this month, he was there to talk about his legendary layout. I could have listened to him talk for hours and soaked up everything he said like a sponge to eventually use one day when I finally start building a layout.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

I thought Allen McClelland died a few years ago? I had heard his son Brad may have been working on a new V&O layout.
Bottom text.

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Y@ wrote:I thought Allen McClelland died a few years ago? I had heard his son Brad may have been working on a new V&O layout.
As Mark Twain said, "Rumors of my demise are premature". Allen is quite alive and doing pretty well, although I've heard that his wife Sharon is in poor health. I have not heard about anyone else doing a V&O layout, although Gerry Albers(one of Allen's regular operators from the V&O days) models the V&O on his Virginian Rwy layout down near Cincinnati.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

TCtrainguy17 wrote:
DT&I wrote:
Allen McClelland's V&O is also in trainz.
Oh yea that one has a whole route and rolling stock with it too, I have RW4 so I've only seen pictures but I might switch due to RSC's dumbazz rules they adopted... Not to get off topic but yea Im not sure if the Utah Belt has a route in trainz but I know there are locos such as the GP9 in RW that has been painted into Utah Belt and look quite good.

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

The first two of PC's new gensets from NRE arrived today on train CHFW-9 at Piqua yard. The units were rebuilt from retired GP9's and are numbered 1120-1121(eventually there will be 14 total, numbered 1120-1133).
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

To update PC's purchase of second hand power back in August, the 25 GP40-2W's purchased from HLCX have all arrived and 44 of the 80 GP38-2's from GATX have arrived as well. Thus PC has retired all 11 GP40E's and all 51 GP35E's on the roster right now. Once the rest of the GP38-2's arrive, PC will retire all of its GP38E fleet. GATX has promised that they should all be on PC property by the end of the month.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

PC Motive Power update:

Retired:
11 GP40E 3000-3010
51 GP35E 3100-3150

Sold:
15 SD45E's 6135-6150 to LTEX

Since its getting toward the end of the year, PC is going over its roster and deciding on what new locomotive purchases to make for next year and what, if any, locomotives can be retired. An anouncement should be expected on what PC plans to do by the end of the month.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Last night PC train CODA-5 struck and killed a trespasser walking down the tracks near Enon, OH close to CP190 on the Columbus to Dayton mainline. The crew spotted the young man walking with his back to them as they approached and they sounded their horn in hopes he'd get off and out of the way, but that didn't happen sadly. Enon police and Clark Country deputies are unsure why the man was on the tracks, but the location he was struck was near Enon Beach, a trailer park located on the north side of the mainline, close to Cold Springs tower. The Enon Road crossing was tied up for several hours as authorities completed their investigation and the only other train affected was CICO-5X which was detoured up the Dayton to Columbus via Xenia line(ex PRR) to get around the accident scene.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by heartlandguy »

If you wouldn't mind, I'm thinking about running a stone train up to Toledo once or twice a month on your Eastern Branch. Is the trackage right offer still available?

heartlandguy
"Alright, uh, get to a stop here and we'll order you a party bus for Lima" -12/30/16

"He ain't one of them terrorists, is he?" "Nah, just some paparazzi. We never get them out here!" -03/12/19

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

heartlandguy wrote:If you wouldn't mind, I'm thinking about running a stone train up to Toledo once or twice a month on your Eastern Branch. Is the trackage right offer still available?

heartlandguy
Definitely! Just let me know when you want to start and I'll make it happen :)
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH