My version of Penn Central

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: My version of Penn Central

Unread post by Saturnalia »

So 5 GP35s, 7 GP38s, AND the GP40s? Or without the GP40s?

Let me know what you'd like to lease. All MQTX power is available for sale as well, if the price is right :wink:
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by heartlandguy »

MQT3001 wrote:So 5 GP35s, 7 GP38s, AND the GP40s? Or without the GP40s?

Let me know what you'd like to lease. All MQTX power is available for sale as well, if the price is right :wink:
With the GP40s. I'll release more on the new RR this weekend or next week, but lease sounds like a good option. :wink:
"Alright, uh, get to a stop here and we'll order you a party bus for Lima" -12/30/16

"He ain't one of them terrorists, is he?" "Nah, just some paparazzi. We never get them out here!" -03/12/19

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by conrailman75 »

I can start adding them to the Grand Rapids trains that work Ft. Wayne(FWGR and PIGR) and send them your way here by Halloween if the financing is in place for them by then(your total for 97 units is $7.3 million). We should have all of them there by mid November if all goes well.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

conrailman75 wrote:I can start adding them to the Grand Rapids trains that work Ft. Wayne(FWGR and PIGR) and send them your way here by Halloween if the financing is in place for them by then(your total for 97 units is $7.3 million). We should have all of them there by mid November if all goes well.
Don't forget to subtract heartland's units. I'm just getting the -35 and -38s he's not getting.

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

MQT3001 wrote:
conrailman75 wrote:I can start adding them to the Grand Rapids trains that work Ft. Wayne(FWGR and PIGR) and send them your way here by Halloween if the financing is in place for them by then(your total for 97 units is $7.3 million). We should have all of them there by mid November if all goes well.
Don't forget to subtract heartland's units. I'm just getting the -35 and -38s he's not getting.
I'm getting 23 in all, so that leaves MQT with 74 units. As for mine, let me know what the price is and I'll set a destination for them.

heartlandguy
"Alright, uh, get to a stop here and we'll order you a party bus for Lima" -12/30/16

"He ain't one of them terrorists, is he?" "Nah, just some paparazzi. We never get them out here!" -03/12/19

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

heartlandguy wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:
I'm getting 23 in all, so that leaves MQT with 74 units. As for mine, let me know what the price is and I'll set a destination for them.

heartlandguy
Check is set to be faxed out in the morning. Start getting them up here! Let me know what their ###s are (I'm re-numbering them anyway, but it's nice to know :P )

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Okay, I wasn't sure how you two were dividing things up. The units are $75,000 a piece, so MQT's order for 74 is $5.6 million and Heartland's order for 23 units is $1.8 million. I have temporarily renumbered them(meaning I spray painted out the old number and used spray paint to put the new number on it) to free up their old numbers for the units I bought to replace them. They are as follows:

GP35E 4400-4450
GP40E 4451-4461
GP38E 4462-4498

So Heartland is getting:
GP40E 4451-4461
GP35E 4400-4404
GP38E 4462-4468

MQT is getting:
GP35E 4405-4450
GP38E 4469-4498

Heartland, how do you want your units routed? To Delphos and your DERR or somewhere else?
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

MQT, I will put five units on the PIGR and five on the FWGR the day after your money arrives :P to start the deliveries and then keep doing so until all are delivered.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

conrailman75 wrote:Okay, I wasn't sure how you two were dividing things up. The units are $75,000 a piece, so MQT's order for 74 is $5.6 million and Heartland's order for 23 units is $1.8 million. I have temporarily renumbered them(meaning I spray painted out the old number and used spray paint to put the new number on it) to free up their old numbers for the units I bought to replace them. They are as follows:

GP35E 4400-4450
GP40E 4451-4461
GP38E 4462-4498

So Heartland is getting:
GP40E 4451-4461
GP35E 4400-4404
GP38E 4462-4468

MQT is getting:
GP35E 4405-4450
GP38E 4469-4498

Heartland, how do you want your units routed? To Delphos and your DERR or somewhere else?
Route them to Chicago, please. Starting a new paper RR out that direction. Announcement should come this weekend

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

conrailman75 wrote:MQT, I will put five units on the PIGR and five on the FWGR the day after your money arrives :P to start the deliveries and then keep doing so until all are delivered.
Fax was sent this morning. Please let me know when and what has arrived in Hugart and we'll expedite to yard goat's run to Hugart. We've got 2 depressed 20-axle flats for you guys. Empty, routing to Elkhart I guess....

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

We took care of the depressed flats by running a special WJGR local train from Grand Rapids to Kalamazoo and interchanged them to TSCR who took them to Elkhart for delivery to NS.

MQT, as for your engines, you have currently sitting in Hughart:
GP35E: 4405-4410
GP38E: 4469-4472

Tonight's PIGR will be bringing GP35E 4411-4413 and GP38E 4473-4474 and tomorrow morning's FWGR will have GP35E 4414-4416 and GP38E 4475-4476
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Okay Heartland, I will start delivering your engines to Chicago on Monday then.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

conrailman75 wrote:Okay Heartland, I will start delivering your engines to Chicago on Monday then.
Sounds good. Where is your yard at in Chicago?

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

See your thread I just replied to, I'm going to use the BRC as the middleman to deliver them to you since your line goes near BRC Clearing yard. As for me, I have 59th Street yard and 55th Street yard as my two yards in Chicago, 55th serves the Ft. Wayne line and 59th serves the Chicago to Columbus mainline.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Today's FWBR-9 featured GP35E 4400-4404 that are heading to Chicago to be interchanged to their new owner, the Monon railroad, at BRC's Clearing yard. FWCH-9 brought GP38E 4462-4466 to 55th Street yard where they will be put on the transfer run to the BRC tonight, which are destined to the Monon as well.

PC CEO Chris Howe is in the home office today closely monitoring the situation with Hurricane Sandy as the company has activated its emergency weather plans to quickly respond to any weather situation or disaster that should arise in PC's operating territory over the next few days. So far all operations are still running as normal except that the joint train with the AW, TVNY-1/2, has been annulled until the storm passes.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Today's FWBR-0 had GP38E 4467-4468 and GP40E 4451-4453, destined to be delivered to the Monon by the BRC at Clearing yard. FWCH-0 had GP40E 4454-4461, all heading to 55th Street to be delivered to the BRC tonight by the BRC transfer run out of 55th for eventual delivery to the Monon, which completes his purchases from PC.

PIGR-9 had GP35E 4417-4419 and GP38E 4477-4478, while the FWGR-0 had GP35E 4420-4422 and GP38E 4479-4480, all destined for the MQT at Grand Rapids.

Penn Central anounced today that they are making a $2 million dollar donation to the Red Cross to help them with the clean up from Hurricane Sandy. Thankfully no major damage occurred to PC's physical plant(although there were a few trees reported down on various lines here and there) from the storm, but it has affected operations though.

Starting today, NS is not accepting any traffic west of Conway yard in Pittsburgh, so several of the Pittsburgh trains have been annulled until further notice. Westbound traffic heading for the east coast will be held at Conway, Hawthorne, and Buckeye until further notice. PC has suspended all service guarantees since its interchange partners are not accepting any traffic until the mess out east is cleaned up. PC is on standby with crews ready in case its east coast partners need any help in cleaning up the damage from Hurricane Sandy.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

TSCR has stopped work on the ex-OC line west of Columbus just a heads up, we hope to resume work soon.
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Copy that DT&I, it can be resumed whenever you're ready, as we completely understand the need to help our friends out east first.

As for PC, CSX has asked for permission to run detour movements on our Columbus to Chicago mainline to Logansport, then down the I&F branch to Indianapolis, and then down the Louisville Branch to Louisville, KY where the trains will regain CSX rails again and we have granted their request. They will try to run up to ten trains a day on this routing since we have crews available to run them due to the downturn in traffic caused by the storm.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

The commuter study for Ft. Wayne, IN that Penn Central contributed to was released today. In its pages, the report says that it is indeed feasible to investigate creating a commuter rail network around the city of Ft. Wayne. Some highlights are:

-Creating a light rail commuter line to go to all the places not reached by the current rail lines in town

-using diesels and commuter passenger cars as part of the heavy rail service that would use existing lines

-also using RDC type cars to help supplant the schedules of the regular trains

-working with PC and NS to create a schedule that minimizes disruptions to their existing freight traffic patterns

-creating a schedule heavy on morning and evening runs while light on afternoon and night trains

-finding a suitable site for a commuter train holding and maintenance yard

Of course this whole plan hinges on funding and until the anti rail governor in Indiana leaves office in January and we see how pro rail his successor is, the whole idea is still just that, an idea. PC will support whatever decision is made in regards to this study, whether its implemented or not.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Amtrak has notified PC that it expects to have to run second sections of the Broadway Limited, Lake Cities, and Cannonball Run trains tomorrow thru Friday due to heavy travel because of the Thanksgiving weekend.

PC will be curtailing all yard and local jobs on Thursday for the holiday, so any customer that normally gets switched on Thursdays will get serviced on Friday instead. Several freights that originate out of Ft. Wayne will be curtailed as well, but all the important thru traffic, which includes mail and intermodal trains, will run as scheduled. PC headquarters will also be closed on Thanksgiving so that everyone there can celebrate the holiday with their families.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH