THE HIGH POINT AND ROME RAILROAD

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
legostudios34
The Lego Railfan

Re: THE HIGH POINT AND ROME RAILROAD

Unread post by legostudios34 »

DT&I wrote:
legostudios34 wrote:Do you have any pictures or know where I can find one? (RA is Rail America, right?)
That's correct, here:
Wow. Red and dark grey. That will fit with HPR nearly perfectly.
Baxter Barnes. 21. Alabama.
Meow. Now you know how to speak cat. -Flickr

legostudios34
The Lego Railfan

HPRX 45, 4500, and HPR 707 lead Special HPRX 45 North from High Point to Chattanooga. 1 load, no empties. Clear signal N. Rockmart. This train will be added to NS 298 at Chattanooga for movement to Cincinatti. HPRX 45 and 4500 are going on loan to Penn Central, while HPR 707 and the passenger car will be continuing to Lima, Ohio with the people to sign the papers for the 8 GP35s to be leased to HPR.

legostudios34
The Lego Railfan

The 8 DTCX units will be on HPR prop by thr weekend.

legostudios34
The Lego Railfan

HPR 707 and DTCX 3102, 3105, 3107, 3108, 3103, 3106, 3104, and 3101 lead NS Extra HPR 707 South from Lima, Ohio to Rome, GA.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

legostudios34 wrote:HPR 707 and DTCX 3102, 3105, 3107, 3108, 3103, 3106, 3104, and 3101 lead NS Extra HPR 707 South from Lima, Ohio to Rome, GA.
We're going to have to send them via the DT&C south from Lima to get to NS, NS doesn't onw any tracks southward out of Lima.
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

legostudios34
The Lego Railfan

Alright, just assign them a different train number for DTC rails. It shouldnt matter on NS because it is running as an extra.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

legostudios34 wrote:Alright, just assign them a different train number for DTC rails. It shouldnt matter on NS because it is running as an extra.
They'll be down there and ready to operate sometime tomorrow.

legostudios34
The Lego Railfan

The DTCX units arrived safely in Rome during the night. They will be put into intermodal and boxcar trains while they are on the HPR system, clearing up six axle units for grain, coal, and other drag freights.

legostudios34
The Lego Railfan

DTCX 3102 and HPR 707 lead F-RDI1 Intermodal Train. 19
loads, 2 empties, 1 caboose. Diversion Clear Aragon.
DTCX 3104, 3107, and HPR 219 lead F-RRMM1 boxcar train. 47 loads, 13 empties. Diversion stop Fox.

legostudios34
The Lego Railfan

GMTX 9055 and HPR 449 lead F-RHPC1 Coal Train. 33 loads, no empties. Diversion Caution Aragon.
HPR 1, 3, and 2 lead P-DR1 OCS train. 4 loads, no empties. Clear signal Finch.

legostudios34
The Lego Railfan

I couldn't wait till Friday...

In my world, the CSX Birmingham to Atlanta mainline was abandoned, but the track was not torn up and the Silver Comet Trail was never built. After a very successful 1st and 2nd quarter, HPR has decided to buy the line. We will be restoring it to high quality standards, with concrete ties and 140 pound, continuous welded rail where it is not already containing such. Track speed will be 60 miles per hour for passenger and intermodal, and 45 for general freight. The line to Birmingham will give us easy access to our latest acquisition, The Eastern Birmingham Industrial Railway (See that topic), as well as open up interchange with BNSF and CSX.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

legostudios34 wrote:I couldn't wait till Friday...

In my world, the CSX Birmingham to Atlanta mainline was abandoned, but the track was not torn up and the Silver Comet Trail was never built. After a very successful 1st and 2nd quarter, HPR has decided to buy the line. We will be restoring it to high quality standards, with concrete ties and 140 pound, continuous welded rail where it is not already containing such. Track speed will be 60 miles per hour for passenger and intermodal, and 45 for general freight. The line to Birmingham will give us easy access to our latest acquisition, The Eastern Birmingham Industrial Railway (See that topic), as well as open up interchange with BNSF and CSX.
Couldnt wait huh? :lol:

legostudios34
The Lego Railfan

DT&I wrote:
legostudios34 wrote:I couldn't wait till Friday...

Couldnt wait huh? :lol:
No. And I also gave away plans for an HPR Birmingham to Atlanta passenger train. Dang it. :/

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

Its good! I hope you make it to Mobile someday so the TSCR can do business with you! Glad to see another regional doing well! :mrgreen:

legostudios34
The Lego Railfan

Thanks DTI. Also, you're making a Heritage loco for Alabama and Vicksburg I saw. Where did they operate and did you retain any of their track?

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

legostudios34 wrote:Thanks DTI. Also, you're making a Heritage loco for Alabama and Vicksburg I saw. Where did they operate and did you retain any of their track?
Well we aren't onto the next set yet but that one will be done, and unfortunately it only extended to Mobile, AL from Vicksburg.

legostudios34
The Lego Railfan

DT&I wrote:
legostudios34 wrote:Thanks DTI. Also, you're making a Heritage loco for Alabama and Vicksburg I saw. Where did they operate and did you retain any of their track?
Well we aren't onto the next set yet but that one will be done, and unfortunately it only extended to Mobile, AL from Vicksburg.
Aww, thats too bad.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

legostudios34 wrote:
DT&I wrote:
Aww, thats too bad.
Maybe in a couple years...

legostudios34
The Lego Railfan

Birmingham Division Update -

Brush has been cleared on the line from Cedartown to the Alabama state line, and the replacement of wooden ties between Cedartown and Rockmart has begun.

Train Locations and Info.
HPR 450 and GMTX 9055 lead HPR F-HPRO1 Grain Train. 22 loads, 0 empties. Stop signal Rockmart.
DTCX 3101 and HPR 700 leads HPR F-DRI2 Intermodal Train. 13 loads, 1 empty. Clear signal Rockmart.
DTCX 3102 and HPR 709 lead HPR F-RRMM1 Mixed Freight. 2 loads, 11 empties, 1 caboose. Stop signal Green.
HPR 100 and 101 lead HPR F-RHPC2 Coal train. 44 loads, 0 empties. Clear signal Bowling Alley.
HPR 707 leads HPR F-HPCO1 Tie train. 2 loads, 0 empties. At Wheeler Rd. C stands for Cedartown, GA, which is on the HPR Birmingham Division.
HPR 510 leads HPR F-HPRO1 Scrap Train. 4 loads, 1 empty. Caution signal Lindale.

Lease Unit Info -
CEFX 6018 has been returned to lessor.

legostudios34
The Lego Railfan

HPR has purchased 17 units from BNSF. Roster has been updated. All units were given standard HPR Red patches with their new number and HPR reporting marks by BNSF. Also our two SD70M-2s were taken to the High Point shops for painting yesterday. 100 is out, in HPR executive paint.