possible connection in Bucyrus

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

possible connection in Bucyrus

Unread post by redside20 »

Ok guys these are the facts i have gathered from various sources on some of my yahoo groups i am on. based on what i have been reading and talking to some fellow railfans in Columbus, a connection will be put in at CP Colsan in Bucyrus in the SW corridor of the diamond. In doing so a house and a toolshed will be removed along with the construction of a new bridge over old US 30 in Bucyrus. There is a possibility of 4 new trains popping up between Fort Wayne and Bucyrus by 2010. directional running will be utilized as trains will also travel the old way through Bellevue as well. It sounds like we;ll have new railfan hotspots like Lima, Upper Sandusky, Dunkirk, Van Wert. anything is possible. But we will just have to wait and see. oh and one more thing, if you would care to know what line this is, it's the old PRR line
Exit stage left

GTWTD3
Railroadfan...fan

Re: possible connection in Bucyrus

Unread post by GTWTD3 »

Money has been authorized, talk at the time it was authorized was to see 2 intermodal trains from Columbus make a left turn at Bucyrus to back door into Chicago, with 2 counterparts. ALso look for a siding to be added in the Delphos area. Plus one freight each way... the freights that would have made the trip Conway to BRC via CFE have both been cancelled, so if and when it happens it'll probably be intermodal traffic for now.
The dispatcher is cool.

MSchwiebert
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MSchwiebert »

I would guess this would be under a trackage rights agreement instead of CF&E crews being used? If so, would it be a Columbus-Chicago pool? Apparently NS feels that even at 40 odd MPH on a dark railroad they could make better headway than on the NKP to Chicago? I was fortunate enough to live in Ft. Wayne when NS revived the PRR from there westward the first time, so this would be interesting to me if it comes to pass. IIRC the CF&E operates the line under a lease agreement from CSX - if that's the case, do they have any say on this?

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

thanks guys the extra info is appreciated. i do wonder how all these trains are going to get past each other in dark territory. looks like the NKP might not see 234 or 217 anymore. i guess we;ll see
Exit stage left

Brakie
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Brakie »

As a update on the new connector at Bucyrus the power company has relocated some poles.The actual construction is being held up by some unpaid taxes on a bar room that NS bought.This has to be torn down.

The house has burn but,still standing.I will keep posting updates on the progress.

As far as trains..I have it on very good authority that there will be at least 14(7 each way)to include 2 freight trains.

I understand this is to help ease the congestion at Bellevue.

As of now there is at least 4 trains aday that rounds the old Bellevue connector..2 are Westbounds toward Bellevue and 2 are Eastbounds toward Conway...I have not seen the GM train(P39?) in days.
Larry.

GTWTD3
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GTWTD3 »

Brakie, your train information is outdated. 12V and 15V are the only trains using the norteast wye to bellevue, other than an occasional extra or the two to three times weekly CFE LICL may use it to spin itself.

Initial plans, as I said before, are for two vans each way plus a manifest each way, although the manifests that were to go that way have been cut. Absolutely not 14 trains, the line doesn't have the capacity for that.
The dispatcher is cool.

Brakie
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Brakie »

Sorry,But,I stand behind my information since its current as of Tuesday 6/23/09..I am sure the man knows his business.As I stated there is 4 trains around the old connector 2 each way..1 Westbound between 7-8am and the second Westbound between 2-4...The first Eastbound toward Conway is between 5-7..The other shows up later around 9.

The only time CF&E uses either connector is when they deliver cars to Transco they reverse move around the Bellevue connector and after switching Transco the reverse move around the Columbus connector so they can head West.There is also a CSX grain train each way and the Wheeling train that is currently going to Lima one day and returning the next.

Also CFE been using a locomotive on each end so after they switch out the West Side grain elevator they can head back to Lima.

BTW.I live here and go to the Col/San area daily some times twice daily if the traffic is heavy.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

The only time CF&E uses either connector is when they deliver cars to Transco they reverse move around the Bellevue connector and after switching Transco the reverse move around the Columbus connector so they can head West.There is also a CSX grain train each way and the Wheeling train that is currently going to Lima one day and returning the next.

Also CFE been using a locomotive on each end so after they switch out the West Side grain elevator they can head back to Lima.
Thanks for the operations info about CFE, Brakie. Anything you post about CF&E, I&O, or W&LE, will be eagerly read. I'm especially interested in their operations and train schedules and what kind of traffic they handle. For example, I recently learned that I&O is interchanging some scrap metal that originates on the GLC in Alma. I believe there may also be some lumber and sugar beet products that get exchanged between these two that originate in MI.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

GTWTD3
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GTWTD3 »

Dude, I am a dispatcher for NS and that is part of my territory. Only 1 train each way a day, and the information I gave you about the planned trains on the CFE is correct as well. Whoever you are getting your information from had better get their information straight. CSX grain trains, which are actually CFE crews running with CSX power, do not run daily. They run whenever grain needs to be loaded.
The dispatcher is cool.

gridejq
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by gridejq »

This is exactly why I dont post relevant info anymore :) People tend to "make" things up!

Brakie
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Brakie »

gridejq wrote:This is exactly why I dont post relevant info anymore :) People tend to "make" things up!

Nothing made up from me..I was just quoting a NS employee that seem to actually know something..

Maybe the NS employee was passing along what he was told by his superiors..I still don't have the enough evidence to completely dismiss what he says.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Well, thanks for joining up Brakie, glad to see more Ohio input coming in. I guess we'll see what happens when this connector does indeed get built to see exactly what the traffic levels will be then.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

Brakie
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Brakie »

railroadfan wrote:Well, thanks for joining up Brakie, glad to see more Ohio input coming in. I guess we'll see what happens when this connector does indeed get built to see exactly what the traffic levels will be then.
Yup that's the way I see it even tho' my information source has been very reliable in times past.IF he's off he won't be off by much. :lol:

After all he was the one to advise me last that there will be a new connector installed going to the West.IIRC he called it the FT.Wayne Connector..

Chaser945
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Chaser945 »

Can someone clarify where the Bellview connector is?? There is also a discussion going on over on the Fort Wayne board about this. I posted info from Brakie.....Then the guys started asking.. I didn't know but told them I would try to find out..

Chad ( Chaser )

Brakie
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Brakie »

Chaser945 wrote:Can someone clarify where the Bellview connector is?? There is also a discussion going on over on the Fort Wayne board about this. I posted info from Brakie.....Then the guys started asking.. I didn't know but told them I would try to find out..

Chad ( Chaser )

Chad,The "Belleue connector" is the connector that comes off the old FT.Wayne line and enters the Sandusky line South(Railroad East) of the Sandusky River bridge..

This should help.

http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=na ... e&resnum=1

Zoom in Mansfield St/Lincoln Highway and go East(to the right) and you will come to the Col/San Area.

The other track crossing the Sandusky* line is the Spore industrial that goes to National Lime Stone at Spore.

*Some calls the Sandusky Line the Columbus line..Its a local thing that means the same track.

I just had a old foggy attack..

Here is the switch to the Bellevue connector off the Sandusky line..The track in the foreground is the spore industrial.

Larry.

Chaser945
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Chaser945 »

Thanks.. I'll post this over to the Fort Wayne Group.. Maybe more trains.. Too busy to do much morew than read about it during the summer..

Chad

CG Tower
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CG Tower »

Amen...thanks for posting the CORRECT information (finally). Kinda like the story I heard with CF&E is going to replace the signals on the line between Bucyrus and Ft. Wayne with LED Position Light signals...oy...

Do you happen to know the status of the W&LE local that comes to Lima on occasion, I had heard CSX was becoming rather unfriendly with the interchange traffic going over the CF&E (which, remember is a LEASE agreement from CSX).

CG Tower

GTWTD3 wrote:Dude, I am a dispatcher for NS and that is part of my territory. Only 1 train each way a day, and the information I gave you about the planned trains on the CFE is correct as well. Whoever you are getting your information from had better get their information straight. CSX grain trains, which are actually CFE crews running with CSX power, do not run daily. They run whenever grain needs to be loaded.
-You are speaking in nonsense. This troubles me.

See all of my photos at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cgtower/

Brakie
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Brakie »

It appears the construction has started.

On the way home from the doctors I notice they have torn the house down some time this morning..

I will post pictures later today.
Larry.

GTWTD3
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GTWTD3 »

CG Tower wrote:Amen...thanks for posting the CORRECT information (finally). Kinda like the story I heard with CF&E is going to replace the signals on the line between Bucyrus and Ft. Wayne with LED Position Light signals...oy...

Do you happen to know the status of the W&LE local that comes to Lima on occasion, I had heard CSX was becoming rather unfriendly with the interchange traffic going over the CF&E (which, remember is a LEASE agreement from CSX).

CG Tower
CG I don't know the status of the WLE trains, as I've been assistant chiefing that desk, versus working it. I'll be back soon, and should have a better idea. Last I worked, a few months ago, I believe it was down to one trip each way per week.Grain has picked up over there, though, after a long hiatus. I can remember a year ago working that job and having two grain loads going east, and an empty waiting. Haven't seen that in a while.
The dispatcher is cool.

Brakie
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Brakie »

And thus it begins.

Here we see the backhoe that demolish the house some time this morning..

Some of the foliage that needs cut.

And last but,not least the bar that will be torn down.

Larry.