K-695 Heads-Up Way Ahead of Time

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

K-695 Heads-Up Way Ahead of Time

Unread post by cbehr91 »

For all the Cleveland folks and those along the B&O,

K-695 with CP and Soo power cleared CP-207 near St. Johnsville, NY just before 1:30 PM. Looks like this one may come through at night if it doesn't get held up at Buffalo or Cleveland (but this is the railroad).

There also should be a K-694 in the same area with CITX, DME and ICE power, so expect another westbound either tomorrow or Thursday.

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Re: K-695 Heads-Up Way Ahead of Time

Unread post by cbehr91 »

Someone on Trainorders speculated that the Soo SD60M might be leading if CSX looped the power at Selkirk (it led the eastbound counterpart).

ConrailForever
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ConrailForever »

K637 passed through Berea around 11:00am, so it should be getting towards western Ohio by now. K675 is also somewhere out on the system with a couple DME's and a CITX.

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

ConrailForever wrote:K637 passed through Berea around 11:00am, so it should be getting towards western Ohio by now. K675 is also somewhere out on the system with a couple DME's and a CITX.
Yeah I'm really kicking myself for not going to Greenwich or Attica today (I'm also hunting for "Rent-a-Wrecks" on NS, so going to Attica would make sense). It was pretty cloudy and rainy this morning and I really didn't think it would clear up, so I stayed home.

ConrailForever
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ConrailForever »

Don't worry, there'll be more where that came from. The SOO and the CP's are what's killing me... I have no transportation to get them, plus they'll probably be through in the dark. Those don't come around every day, like the DME's and ICE's do... Quite literally, in fact.

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

ConrailForever wrote:Don't worry, there'll be more where that came from. The SOO and the CP's are what's killing me... I have no transportation to get them, plus they'll probably be through in the dark. Those don't come around every day, like the DME's and ICE's do... Quite literally, in fact.
I live at least two hours from the B&O and have only seen ICEs once and they were trailing. My hours for today were cut so I didn't have to work. And to hear that there were two through Ohio makes me think I really blew it...

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

cbehr91 wrote:For all the Cleveland folks and those along the B&O,

K-695 with CP and Soo power cleared CP-207 near St. Johnsville, NY just before 1:30 PM. Looks like this one may come through at night if it doesn't get held up at Buffalo or Cleveland (but this is the railroad).

There also should be a K-694 in the same area with CITX, DME and ICE power, so expect another westbound either tomorrow or Thursday.
K-695, Rome, NY, 3:46 PM.

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

And don't be fooled folks, there's a K-697 ahead of K-695 with CSX power!

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

At five before six the train was by CP-393 (about 40 miles east of Buffalo) with the Soo unit trailing. It's looking like a nocturnal journey through Ohio for K-695.