derailment on CSX

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
SD40-2
Canada Eh!

derailment on CSX

Unread post by SD40-2 »

Heard the youngstown dispatcher talking about a derailment between a Lake ave and 32nd street, anyone have any info on this ?
Last edited by SD40-2 on Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Re: derailment on NS ?

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

Just a guess as I dont have my maps with me in Chicago, but sounds like the line to Ashtabula, and the coal docks. Now where those streets are are anyones guess. I believe that is the dispatching desk that controls the old NKP fomr Celeveland east, and the Ashtabula line, pluss a small something else. If GTWTD3 was not out in Nebraska, I am sure he would know.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

SD40-2
Canada Eh!

Unread post by SD40-2 »

OK it's on CSX in Ashtabula OH, LPG tank on its side leaking, dispatch was saying something about rerouts over NS

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

sd70accsxt700 wrote:Just a guess as I dont have my maps with me in Chicago, but sounds like the line to Ashtabula, and the coal docks. Now where those streets are are anyones guess. I believe that is the dispatching desk that controls the old NKP fomr Celeveland east, and the Ashtabula line, pluss a small something else. If GTWTD3 was not out in Nebraska, I am sure he would know.
NS's Youngstown Line DS handles the Youngstown Line, the fomrer NKP between Cleveland and Buffalo (now called the Lake Erie District) and the Koppel Secondary.

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Re: derailment on CSX

Unread post by cbehr91 »

Lake & 32nd appears to be on CSX.

railohio
Photographer of Wires in America by Rail of Ohio & Wisconsin

Unread post by railohio »

"I shot the freight train / But I did not shoot the fantrip"

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

Yea that had poop messed up. All for five cars. As we came by Fostoria, the IP called and asked we join her on 94. Well she say it might be best if we stop at Tiffin as she is holding Q164 at Republic due to them not being sure what to do with trains due to the derailment in Ashtabula, and that she train backed up all the way from Ashtabula to Tiffin, (its about that time that I put two and two together) and then also said they in addition to that, they did not know what to do with us, because there was also a outage on the B&O to New Castle. So in all told we ran from Chicago to Tiffin in seven hours, and died when we tied the train down on three main at the "fuel pad" in Willard at RX.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!