IORY South End Part 2

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Re: IORY South End Part 2

Unread post by redside20 »

midland sub wrote:I think the transfer is supposed be around once a week with most of the work to Haynes. The weekend job will be a H-9?? something.

IORY 4072 and CBNS 5007 are the WCH power.
gee thats kind of surprising news around here. i hope to catch it as well
Exit stage left

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by midland sub »

It should work better for CSX this way. Hopefully the usual crew (one of the last old Ohio Div. guys) will work the job each week and get back on a somewhat normal schedule. On the flip side it will keep the I&O off of the line north end of the line during the daylight.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

The 4083 is on it's way back to Delta after it's trip to Norwood for it's Q inspection. It came up the Midland on Wednesday afternoon as sole power on an extra WCH Turn Job for Valero. The WCH-B crew was taxied to Norwood to drag the extra back to WCH. Whatever TLC the 4083 might have gotten at McCullough probably went straight up the stack on the trip up the Weedland today. It probably struggled with the 40 plus (corn loads and empty ethanol tanks and DDG hoppers) cars on the Weedland roller coaster out of Maderia at 10 mph.

Loco_Engr wrote:I would be somewhat surprised if 4082 was at McCullough. I would be absolutely astounded if the 4083 was there.

4083 is at Delta, but will be leaving soon for its quarterly inspection. Last I knew, 4082 was in Lima working the LNL/LSL jobs...however it may possibly be down there for "Q" right now. The 4084 and 4085 have been stored for a while, last I knew.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Take a short ride on the DT&I on Sunday August 29! The Champaign County Preservation Alliance along with the Cincinnati Railway Co. will be running three 90 minute trips (10:30-12:30-3:00) out of St Paris:

http://www.ccpaurbanaohio.com/

The trips will first head north to the village of Quincy, then south to Thackery and returning to St Paris. With the short turn around times between trips, I would assume they won't venture north of Quincy to the trestle and risk a hold up at the Bee Line crossing, but I could be wrong. Trips are a fair price of $15 per person and need to be purchased in advance at one of the listed locations at the website.

CNRY's GP30 #85 along with 4 passenger cars will make up the train, along with a borrowed loco from Springfield. Depending on who you talk to, either it will come up via the WCH and Springfield Turns or by a seperate move with a CNRY crew.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

midland sub wrote:Take a short ride on the DT&I on Sunday August 29! The Champaign County Preservation Alliance along with the Cincinnati Railway Co. will be running three 90 minute trips (10:30-12:30-3:00) out of St Paris:

The trips will first head north to the village of Quincy, then south to Thackery and returning to St Paris. With the short turn around times between trips, I would assume they won't venture north of Quincy to the trestle and risk a hold up at the Bee Line crossing, but I could be wrong. Trips are a fair price of $15 per person and need to be purchased in advance at one of the listed locations at the website.

CNRY's GP30 #85 along with 4 passenger cars will make up the train, along with a borrowed loco from Springfield. Depending on who you talk to, either it will come up via the WCH and Springfield Turns or by a seperate move with a CNRY crew.
Darn, too bad that's a 4 hour drive for me otheriwse I'd do it in a heartbeat. I enjoy seeing industries served by rail from the railroads POV and $15 is very affordable.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

You won't be missing anything other than the ride. There isn't an active customer between Quincy and Thackery.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

midland sub wrote:You won't be missing anything other than the ride. There isn't an active customer between Quincy and Thackery.
Thanks midland sub. Hope it's a success.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

ra1508vh
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ra1508vh »

Midland Sub,

You must have some good sources....Only about 3 people were aware of the potential deadhead moves (which are not happening).

midland sub wrote:Take a short ride on the DT&I on Sunday August 29! The Champaign County Preservation Alliance along with the Cincinnati Railway Co. will be running three 90 minute trips (10:30-12:30-3:00) out of St Paris:

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Nope, didn't hear it from anyone that would know, but there's only 2 ways to get it there. Either the I&O moves it in the WCH and Springfield Turns, or a special CNRY move. Since the CNRY ran a special WCH-Norwood caboose hop back in '07 and the ORDC trip to the Ohio Central with #85 and the NP dome car in '08 over the Midland, some (who might know- at the last minute) figured they were probably doing the same versus getting banged around on a freight train loaded with pig iron, P&G tank cars, lumber loads, boxcars full of paper, corn etc..... Thus the way it's worded. :D

It's the I&O, until you see it moving, anything is possible.......
ra1508vh wrote:Midland Sub,

You must have some good sources....Only about 3 people were aware of the potential deadhead moves (which are not happening).

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

midland sub wrote:Nope, didn't hear it from anyone that would know, but there's only 2 ways to get it there. Thus the way it's worded. :D
LOL - you do come across as though you have inside info midland sub but I take you at your word.

I don't know how many of my posts you read of mine but at times I'll include a disclaimer that my sources do not inlcude inside informates and I arrived at my conclusions through 2nd and 3rd hand info and personal observation. So on those rare occasions I nail something I get a chuckle out of it

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

I really didn't know this time. I might hear some things from time to time :wink: (the good stuff won't ever show up here), but most of it is good old fashion eye ballin' the I&O as it slowly makes it across southern Ohio..... :D :P

Don't be surprised if you see some pics of the I&O from WCH in the next couple days at different sites. The annual flock of Summerail attendees were passing through this evening. There were several professional railfans, I must say dressed as such with multi cameras slung from their necks, foaming over I&O 4072. For those that wander south to here, please stay off of the trestles. You're going to get a ticket for trespassing.

ra1508vh
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ra1508vh »

Interesting....you were pretty good on your "guess" :wink: ....except it will be 5 passenger cars (power car). Second engine is still yet to be determined...

midland sub wrote:I really didn't know this time. I might hear some things from time to time :wink: (the good stuff won't ever show up here), but most of it is good old fashion eye ballin' the I&O as it slowly makes it across southern Ohio..... :D :P

Don't be surprised if you see some pics of the I&O from WCH in the next couple days at different sites. The annual flock of Summerail attendees were passing through this evening. There were several professional railfans, I must say dressed as such with multi cameras slung from their necks, foaming over I&O 4072. For those that wander south to here, please stay off of the trestles. You're going to get a ticket for trespassing.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

There's a loaded grain train and a loaded Valero ethanol train waiting for CSX to pick up at Haynes. The ethanol train will be the first to go probably Sunday morning-afternoon on H-9?? symbol for CSX.

strugglin
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by strugglin »

I'm about to make a trip down to Wash CH, so I will update on what I see upon my return tonight.

Update: Nothing to update really. 4072 & 5007 were in Wash CH although they were sitting along the river on the Midland instead of along the street on the other track where I usually see them. First time I can recall them sitting there instead. 2 grain trains at Haynes, 1 on the main and 1 on the siding. No sign of CSX anywhere, they must be coming down on Monday with the new train.

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

went to Springfield for the first time in a month and a half. lots of chatter on the radio on the IORY. don't quote me on this but i think there were three different jobs in the area. The 3889 was in Urbana. heard the LNL with 4082 going back to Lima. and what i thought was 4072. I went to Tremont to see if i could find the LNL but i did not see anything. Also the cut of cars that were being stored in the easternmost track of Junction Yard north of Leffel Lane are gone.
Exit stage left

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Nice update Redside. I think you heard the LSL with either the 4070 or 4071, the 4072 worked the WCH-A yesterday. If the 3889 was in Urbana, it sounds like the LSL might have taken the Springfield six axle loco (4070-'71). They seem to do that if there's a lot of pig iron and P&G loads going north.

Some of the TTX storage cars went to Cincy for temp storage at the old Undercliff yard before going back to TTX. They were supposed to take some and shove them north of West Liberty to the line of cars around Bellefontaine.
The ones north of West Liberty supposedly are the oldest TTX cars and will probably end up getting scrapped at some point.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Update on the new yard job for CSX for the Haynes interchange. Job is Mon-Fri with a start time of 18:30 instead of the 06:30 that happened the first week. The transfer to Buckeye is nothing more than lite engine moves or an occasional couple of cars for the van yard. Probably won't last much longer as the they haven't been doing much in the past 2 week.

The WCH-B crew worked Saturday morning to help get around the Monday shutdown day. Some of the TTX storage baretables came down from Springfield on Friday night. They're sitting on the old B&O at Fayne until next week.

That Guy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by That Guy »

Midland,

Some interesting things starting to take shape at RA. Keep your ears on out there.....It could be good for the I&O....

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

That Guy wrote:Midland,

Some interesting things starting to take shape at RA. Keep your ears on out there.....It could be good for the I&O....
Will it be good for the north end crews? Loco_Eng needs more work :wink:

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

CSX was bringing an empty grain to Haynes Saturday evening. They will be picking up TTX TOFC-COFC baretables coming out of storage.