IORY South End Part 2

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Re: IORY South End Part 2

Unread post by midland sub »

The new CSX Parson based local to Haynes and the Buckeye van yard has already been discontinued. The I&O interchange traffic will go back to the first available crew out of Parsons.
midland sub wrote:It should work better for CSX this way. Hopefully the usual crew (one of the last old Ohio Div. guys) will work the job each week and get back on a somewhat normal schedule. On the flip side it will keep the I&O off of the line north end of the line during the daylight.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

midland sub wrote:The new CSX Parson based local to Haynes and the Buckeye van yard has already been discontinued. The I&O interchange traffic will go back to the first available crew out of Parsons.
midland sub wrote:It should work better for CSX this way. Hopefully the usual crew (one of the last old Ohio Div. guys) will work the job each week and get back on a somewhat normal schedule. On the flip side it will keep the I&O off of the line north end of the line during the daylight.
Any feedback why it was abolished so fast?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

I would say a couple of things are going to make the I&O better...... The Railgenerica empire seems to be inching closer to growing- especially in that "state up north" as it's called in Buckeye nation. I have a couple of really good contacts in the commercial finance world (non railfans) that are "hinting" something is going on with RA and a lot of "paper" getting shuffled around for "growth". Throw in what we know about a few unassigned RA management types........ The pieces are coming together about the same as they did when RA acquired the CF&E and Midland Subs. That dream regional thread a few weeks ago might not be much of a stretch. I'm sending you a pm with stuff that ain't going public....

You might see some I&O traffic moving via the CFE again, as the recent CSX rate increases have made the lease penalty surcharge and I&O rates a bit more competitive. Throw in a couple more traffic sources coming together for the south end, and the I&O is really going to struggle to move it.

That Guy wrote:Midland,

Some interesting things starting to take shape at RA. Keep your ears on out there.....It could be good for the I&O....

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

CSX management changes at Parsons, the TM that came up with it the idea is no longer there. Interesting how an OCS special brings changes. The days before swarm of officials making sure weeds are cut and signal equipment painted. Along with the traditional ceremonial sacrifice of a member(s) of management to please the OCS "gods" before they pass through......

MSchwiebert
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MSchwiebert »

Where does the ownership change @ Diann? Is it north of the diamond so the I&O and the Annie can set things up without involving the CN?

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Just caught the second of the St Paris excursions on the DT&I at Quincy. CNRY is using CEFX 3123 along with CFE 3889 for the trips. 3123 is former SD45 in the nice CEFX bluebird paint scheme. They stopped briefly in Quincy for a westbound CSX freight before heading north to the high trestle just north of town.

ra1508vh
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ra1508vh »

Where were you standing in Quincy? the 3123 is our (CNRY) lease engine..

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

That was me at Quincy and Rosewood on the second trip. It was a nice suprise to see the 3123. I just saw a pic of the 3123 leading a CSX grain through Wash CH on the Midland back in 2002 or 2003.

Looked like a nice trip.

ra1508vh
Railroadfan...fan

It's a nice running engine...it shipped out of Cumberland.

ra1508vh
Railroadfan...fan

Who were the guys taking pics of us below Quincy bridge? I know they had some good shots...

maumeevalley
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by maumeevalley »

MSchwiebert wrote:Where does the ownership change @ Diann? Is it north of the diamond so the I&O and the Annie can set things up without involving the CN?
From what I understand IORY maintains up to and including the diamond at Diann. When an I&O track inspector is patrolling, you'll hear them get verbal protection at South Diann from the CN dispatcher.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

The Springfield Turn tied up in WCH this morning. The Springfield day job will have to taxi down for it. 3889-4071 and 2 NOKL cov hopper, a fly ash car or pressure hopper for Wonder in Lima and 7 or 8 P&G tank cars.

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

spied 4082 around Junction Yard in Springfield cut off from its "train" 10 cars of tankers and potash hoppers. Crossed Leffel Lane going south light, had no idea if he was heading down to South Chuck or just making a reverse move
Exit stage left

Loco_Engr
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Loco_Engr »

redside20 wrote:spied 4082 around Junction Yard in Springfield cut off from its "train" 10 cars of tankers and potash hoppers. Crossed Leffel Lane going south light, had no idea if he was heading down to South Chuck or just making a reverse move
Most likely the Lima-Springfield Turn crew. They have been using the 4082 for quite a while now, and usually try to turn it to face north for the return trip to Lima.

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

Loco_Engr wrote:
redside20 wrote:spied 4082 around Junction Yard in Springfield cut off from its "train" 10 cars of tankers and potash hoppers. Crossed Leffel Lane going south light, had no idea if he was heading down to South Chuck or just making a reverse move
Most likely the Lima-Springfield Turn crew. They have been using the 4082 for quite a while now, and usually try to turn it to face north for the return trip to Lima.
AB....got a good look at the train crew..conductor looked to be in his late 30's early 40s and had a beard. the engineer was a little younger about my age or younger
Exit stage left

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

The pig iron should start moving in the next few days. The P&G traffic seems to move 8 to 10 cars a day each way.

They dragged over 100 cars up on last nights WCH Turn after doing the same on Monday night.
Monday was almost all Domtar and Lowes traffic for WCH. Today was mostly DDG and ethanol empties for Valero.

That Guy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by That Guy »

Should see the pig iron tonight or tomorrow as it is loaded, sitting in Cincy.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Would have been another monster train if it indeed moved last night. Another 100 plus cars just for WCH alone- Domtar, Lowes and empty ethanol tankers. Springfield Turn swapped CBNS 5007 for CFE 3889 last night.

Biggest WCH Turn so far since the DT&I traffic started running this way in Feb. was 189 cars. Fateful night they dumped 5 empty grain cars (almost into the creek) during the swap with the Springfield Turn at the WCH wye.
That Guy wrote:Should see the pig iron tonight or tomorrow as it is loaded, sitting in Cincy.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

They didn't run a Springfield Turn on Friday evening so they left the DT&I traffic in WCH for I assume the weekend. 15 or so pig iron loads and 10 or so P&G loads along with 60ish WCH cars made up the WCH Turn. CFE 3889 was swapped with CFE 3887. Loaded ADM soybean train from Southwest Landmark @ South Chuck sitting at Fayne to waiting to go to Haynes and CSX.

The WCH night job went to Grove City Friday night with the 9500 and 44 cars. 12 for Ashland Chemical, 3 for CPS in Mt Sterling, 2 for Heritage Co-op in Derby and the rest corn shuttle into Cargill for Valero. They came back with 7 empty pellet cars from Ashland Chemical. Business at Ashland has picked up to the point where they're now getting 15 to 20 cars a week.

strugglin
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by strugglin »

Hey Midland Sub, is 9500 still in Wash CH? Or do you what engines are there? I'm heading down there one day this week, I've never seen 9500 on the I&O, but would love to get some pictures of it.