Ethanol traffic shifts off CSX

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Ethanol traffic shifts off CSX

Unread post by redside20 »

per D&H yahoo groups..due to pricing issues, any ethanol train that is off the DM&E,ICE, or CP will now be routed onto the ns-cp-ns/cp-reading/ns to New Jersey/Albany. So in other words CP will have all ethanol trains from a Chicago origination through Elkhart-Detroit/Windsor-Fort Erie/Buffalo-Buffalo/Binghamton-Binghamton/Allentown Pa.
These will strictly be CP trains with haulage rights on NS from Chicago-Detroit and Buffalo-Binghamton with overhead rights on the Reading and Northern Railroad and back onto NS rails at Allentown Pa. CSX will still have ethanol trains off of CN and UP
Exit stage left

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Re: Ethanol traffic shifts off CSX

Unread post by MagnumForce »

Chicago-Elkhart-Toledo-Detroit or Chicago-Elkhart-Battle-Creek-Detroit?

Will miss the color on the B&O but they were pretty commonplace for a while.

Buster Manning
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Buster Manning »

I think you mean Chi-Elkhart-Butler-Det Brent....

redside20

MagnumForce wrote:Chicago-Elkhart-Toledo-Detroit or Chicago-Elkhart-Battle-Creek-Detroit?

Will miss the color on the B&O but they were pretty commonplace for a while.
Brent..neither, Chicago-Elkhart-Butler-Detroit
Exit stage left

redside20

at least you will still see the grain trains with CP/SOO power unless they get rerouted as well. I wonder how long it will be before CN follows CP's lead and have all there ethanol trains shift to the Flint and South Bend Subs
Exit stage left

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Unread post by MagnumForce »

Yeah duh , dumb me, more trains for the Wabash is great! Honestly that ridiculously obvious trackage rights routing completely slipped my overloaded mind.

So these will run with CP crews instead of NS or CSX crews, has to be a degree of savings right there.

redside20

MagnumForce wrote:Yeah duh , dumb me, more trains for the Wabash is great! Honestly that ridiculously obvious trackage rights routing completely slipped my overloaded mind.

So these will run with CP crews instead of NS or CSX crews, has to be a degree of savings right there.
Brent and Co. the plan is to start running these trains that way at random and then gradually increasing traffic volume. Along with CP and NS ,The Reading and Northern will also be involved as CP is working with them to run the ethanol trains over there stretch of railroad in Pennsylvania to Allentown where an NS crew will the take trains to New Jersey. It will haulage rights on NS from Chicago-Detroit then CP will take it to Buffalo where they will haulage or trackage rights from Buffalo to Binghamton over NS and Reading to Allentown.
Exit stage left

canpac08
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by canpac08 »

All I can say is about time CP has been way to nice to CSX traffic wise at the expense of the Elkhart Terminal. I am glad to see CP do the right thing.
He who wanders with purpose, has no purpose to wander

rwas
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by rwas »

One night last week I saw a CP lead ethanol train westbound on the Wabash line at Sand Creek MP 65. I don't remember seeing one up to now since CP has been running on there.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Are these the ethanol trains that CP is handing off to Green Mountain / NEC / P&W?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

redside20

AARR wrote:Are these the ethanol trains that CP is handing off to Green Mountain / NEC / P&W?
that is the route of one of the newer ethanol trains that originated in the Dakotas
Exit stage left

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

canpac08 wrote:All I can say is about time CP has been way to nice to CSX traffic wise at the expense of the Elkhart Terminal. I am glad to see CP do the right thing.

Um was it just you or one of your co workers on here just a month ago say that CP dose not have enough crews to move X500 off csx yet. How do they expect to handel two to four more trains a day, if they cant handel one a day? That is not CP being to nice to CSX, that is CP being to stupid to hire more crews.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

StrayWolf716
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by StrayWolf716 »

68Q is in Elkhart now at the fuelpad with 3 ICE SD40-2s. However, they are cutting off the lead 2 units. Could this be one of the first ethanols through here that was formerly handled by CSX? 68Q is a regular symbol for the ethanol train through here.

GLC 392
TSBY/GLC KID

Unread post by GLC 392 »

68Q usually runs through Toledo-Conway-Altoona nand then farther east, most likely the power wasn't cut off at Chicago.

esprrfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by esprrfan »

More than likely its getting a cab signaled leader to head east via conway until now power was ICE's 6429,6407 and 6411

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

sd70accsxt700 wrote:
canpac08 wrote:All I can say is about time CP has been way to nice to CSX traffic wise at the expense of the Elkhart Terminal. I am glad to see CP do the right thing.

Um was it just you or one of your co workers on here just a month ago say that CP dose not have enough crews to move X500 off csx yet. How do they expect to handel two to four more trains a day, if they cant handel one a day? That is not CP being to nice to CSX, that is CP being to stupid to hire more crews.
I was thinking the same thing...

Practice Safe CSX

canpac08
Railroadfan...fan

sd70accsxt700 wrote:

It means more jobs being created In Elkhart. Rather then created in Garrett. I was the one who posted about being short in Elkhart but also said we are having more crews come on-line in the near future. We will be prepared. Sorry if I sound bitter but, I just can't stand CSX at all I have family that works in Garrett for that carrier and all I can say is will somebody merger with CSX so they can stop being the weak carrier in the east

StrayWolf716
Railroadfan...fan

Esprrfan was exactly right. Heard them mention about it being a non-cab signaled leader. New leader was the NS 9825 and they ended up returning the 2nd ICE unit to the train that they originally cut off, as I reported over in the NS locations thread.

canpac08
Railroadfan...fan

I have seen that happen once myself at the fuel pad, in the last month. Afew years ago I used to catch them swapintg power for the Ethanol trains on the Belt at Rockwell yard. It's nice to see more DME and ICE power in Elkhart

StrayWolf716
Railroadfan...fan

That was the first time I've seen it happen. Besides seeing a very occasional DME or ICE tucked within a consist on 25t or one of your other trains. ICE 6429 should be at the Elkhart diesel facility. Hard telling what it'll go west on.