Toledo Branch Stuff

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Re: Toledo Branch Stuff

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

So these trains are origonationg and terminating on the CR? Hum now that throws me way off. Must be going to send all traffic for the SSA to Columbus or Indy, to make a train for Detroit. Last I knew, (and if someone else knows for sure, they can confirm it) the Lincoln Secondary being a CR SSA was for the exclusive use of trains destend to and from CR SSA trackage. Curently all traffic and all past traffic was just that. Q304/05 freight to Sterling, Q132/31 traffic picked up because of the merger. Q150/51, more traffic because of the merger. Both coal trains Trenton and now River Rouge, to anf from areas on the CR SSA. Only to be used for other trains in extream emergency (even then I hear they did not like that).
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

Typhoon
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Typhoon »

CG Tower wrote:Great to hear...any other details?

Eric at CG
Typhoon wrote:Look for another pair of trains on the Branch starting next month. Trains will run five days a week........
Well I guess I can a few more details since the train starts tonight. Q233 will go to call at 2300 out of Detroit for a 0100 departure out of Sterling yard on CSA and head south. The train will make a pickup from the AA just south of Hallett, and go south down the branch to be interchanged with the UP at Salem. Judging by the call time, it should make for some nice morning shots along the branch for MDH. Q234 will be the northbound ID, and I think that it will be along the lines of Q132, it shows up when it shows up...This is a Chrysler autopart train, so it should be a bunch of 86 footers in tow.

CG Tower
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CG Tower »

Very good...this confirms my information as well. Thanks! Depending on its time, the whole trip over the branch could easily be photoed. For the sake of sanity, MDH and I likely "split" the territory at Galatea He has easier access to the north end while as I have access (within 45 min) of the south end.

Looking forward to hearing how this first move transpires.

Eric at CG Tower

[/quote]Well I guess I can a few more details since the train starts tonight. Q233 will go to call at 2300 out of Detroit for a 0100 departure out of Sterling yard on CSA and head south. The train will make a pickup from the AA just south of Hallett, and go south down the branch to be interchanged with the UP at Salem. Judging by the call time, it should make for some nice morning shots along the branch for MDH. Q234 will be the northbound ID, and I think that it will be along the lines of Q132, it shows up when it shows up...This is a Chrysler autopart train, so it should be a bunch of 86 footers in tow.[/quote]
-You are speaking in nonsense. This troubles me.

See all of my photos at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cgtower/

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

Typhoon wrote:Well I guess I can a few more details since the train starts tonight. Q233 will go to call at 2300 out of Detroit for a 0100 departure out of Sterling yard on CSA and head south. The train will make a pickup from the AA just south of Hallett, and go south down the branch to be interchanged with the UP at Salem. Judging by the call time, it should make for some nice morning shots along the branch for MDH. Q234 will be the northbound ID, and I think that it will be along the lines of Q132, it shows up when it shows up...This is a Chrysler autopart train, so it should be a bunch of 86 footers in tow.
Great news to hear, hopefully I'll be able to find time to catch one of them.
Bottom text.

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

This means another train for the Indy Line also, which is good news to hear because that line could use some help too.

StupidFlee​t
Chinese Foooood

Unread post by StupidFlee​t »

Last night while I was looking for Q131 there was a southbound local (Which I thought was the H719) and just a few minutes ago there was a northbound local going in the siding to work at Galatea. Is there a new daytime local or did H719 get recrewed last night?

CSXT 8848 and I think CSXT 6048 were on both trains.
Flickr

(23:10:05) MagnumForce: All precautions were taken

CF&E East
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CF&E East »

Saw that Q131 about 4:20 this morning here in Findlay(saw the Q132 the other morning on its northward journey as well), the branch has more action than I had imagined. Q131 was following another train by about 20 minutes, Also around 11 last night a NB went by, then about 10 minutes later another was hot on its heels, It pulled up to Center/Tiffin crossing and stopped about a minute before proceding(I imagine waiting on the signal). There was a real hot hour the other evening with 3 CSX trains(one was SB racks) and one NS in an hour......Anyone who can provide heads up on the line please do :-)
Last edited by CF&E East on Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

railohio
Photographer of Wires in America by Rail of Ohio & Wisconsin

Unread post by railohio »

CF&E East wrote:(saw the Q130 the other morning on its northward journey as well)
That would be Q132 northbound on the Toledo Branch.
"I shot the freight train / But I did not shoot the fantrip"

CF&E East
Railroadfan...fan

railohio wrote:
CF&E East wrote:(saw the Q130 the other morning on its northward journey as well)
That would be Q132 northbound on the Toledo Branch.
:-) been reading Q132 for nearly a week, dunno why my fingers shot that off, correction made.

Don't know if anyone ever checks up on this site
http://indianarailroads.org/board/index.php
sometimes it helps me out,
NB going thru Findlay at 1:04 am very shiny HLCX unit trailing....

CF&E East
Railroadfan...fan

Q131 just went south thru findlay around 1:10 am with up 2002 torch unit leading....