MAW questions

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
Huelsy'sTrainBlog
Railroadfan...fan

MAW questions

Unread post by Huelsy'sTrainBlog »

I plan on heading up to Defiance soon to check out the MAW. I have three questions I would appreciate your help with. 1. Are the crews railfan friendly?
2. Just taking a quick glance on the board it seems they have minor derailments alot, how common are they?
3. What is the best time of day to catch them?

Cheers and Happy Chasing,
Steven

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Re: MAW questions

Unread post by MagnumForce »

There have been a couple very good topics about the MAW that will answer your questions and then some, just use the search field at the upper right.

They are railfan friendly, derailments happen every couple of weeks and they run M-F during First shift hours between Napoleon and Defiance as well as working in Napoleon and Defiance along with some rare Saturday moves. They run as needed between Wooburn and Cecil, but that is not all that often.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Once you find them on the 15 miles of track they most commonly operate you will not have a problem chasing them as they only go 5 mph. You can almost chase them at a walking pace.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Huelsy'sTrainBlog
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Huelsy'sTrainBlog »

Thank you guys! I will hopefully head up there one day soon and catch them.