Galetea Ohio

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
JoJames
Railroadfan...fan

Galetea Ohio

Unread post by JoJames »

The signal department for CSX has begun their side of the new connection track with installation of signal bases and boring of conduit for cables. Earthmoving will begin when Savko is finished with the expansion project in the itermodel yard.

PowellWye
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Galetea Ohio

Unread post by PowellWye »

Is CSX Intermodal paying for the connection? Seems Savko does most of their work.

CF&E East
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CF&E East »

Thanks for the update, that's exciting to hear.

JoJames
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by JoJames »

PowellWye wrote:Is CSX Intermodal paying for the connection? Seems Savko does most of their work.
Sounds like both jobs were bid as a combination and Savko was lowest bidder. I would say CSXI is paying for work and they would like it done asap.

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

Glad I have a photo of the NYC Bracket there. Sad to see it go.

ISWBrad
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ISWBrad »

how many trains might use this new wye?

JoJames
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by JoJames »

ISWBrad wrote:how many trains might use this new wye?
CSXI has stated three in each direction could be using the transfer track at this time if it was done. This would not include Q-246 and Q-267 which also should use the transfer when completed to Honda at Marysville.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

The north/south line through Galetea is an old Conrail line, correct? How many trains use this line currently, and where does it go?
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

JoJames
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by JoJames »

Conrail Jon wrote:The north/south line through Galetea is an old Conrail line, correct? How many trains use this line currently, and where does it go?
Stanley Yard Toledo to Columbus Ohio with a important junction at Ridgeway with another ex Con Rail line from Cleveland to St Louis. Seven to eight trains a day use line north of Ridgeway and about the same south of Ridgeway but most if not all are different trains.

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

North of Galetea, its only Q218- Q219, Q131, Q132, a local, and a ocasional Q257. South to Ridgeway, it has one or two more locals. After the connection, it will most likley receve, six more trains a day. North nothing
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

StupidFlee​t
Chinese Foooood

Unread post by StupidFlee​t »

The bracket mast on the north side on the CR side will be disappearing as well as the Van Buren intermediate. There is new signal bases on both sides of the tracks just south of the 613 crossing in Van Buren.
Flickr

(23:10:05) MagnumForce: All precautions were taken

B-Town
Foamer Photographe​r?!?!?!!?

Unread post by B-Town »

What are the trains that currently take the Scottlawn Sub, to the Mt. Victory Sub, to the Columbus Sub, to the former B&O to head west towards Chicago? Won't they take the new connection?

bdconrail29
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bdconrail29 »

B-Town wrote:What are the trains that currently take the Scottlawn Sub, to the Mt. Victory Sub, to the Columbus Sub, to the former B&O to head west towards Chicago? Won't they take the new connection?
The ones I know of are Q146/Q147 and the Marysville ML pair Q267/Q246. The ML pairs I do not believe are daily. I would believe those will use the new connection.

Does anybody think a St. Louis-North Baltimore intermodal pair might surface eventually?
Brett

JoJames
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by JoJames »

246 does run daily. The earthwork has been completed for the new transfer. Yes I would look for more intermodel trainswest of Indy especially the St Elmo connection.

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

Looking at the site today the new connection has been graded.

StupidFlee​t
Chinese Foooood

bdconrail29 wrote:
B-Town wrote:What are the trains that currently take the Scottlawn Sub, to the Mt. Victory Sub, to the Columbus Sub, to the former B&O to head west towards Chicago? Won't they take the new connection?
The ones I know of are Q146/Q147 and the Marysville ML pair Q267/Q246. The ML pairs I do not believe are daily. I would believe those will use the new connection.

Does anybody think a St. Louis-North Baltimore intermodal pair might surface eventually?

Q267 (and I think Q266 which goes the other way) is as required. I think it would be pretty nifty if Q135/136 used the connection too.
Flickr

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

Apart from the ones already mentioned there's the holiday-only UPS trains which are called Q074/075 this year. Also don't forget about Q195/196 (if they're even still around).

bdconrail29
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bdconrail29 »

dti407 wrote:
bdconrail29 wrote:

Q267 (and I think Q266 which goes the other way) is as required. I think it would be pretty nifty if Q135/136 used the connection too.
I think you are thinking of the once/weekly Q246 which runs from Marysville to Gibson. I don't think 266 ever ran in this area unless that has changed (which it very well could have). I still haven't learned the intermodal pairs west of North Baltimore yet either.
Brett

StupidFlee​t
Chinese Foooood

bdconrail29 wrote:I think you are thinking of the once/weekly Q246 which runs from Marysville to Gibson. I don't think 266 ever ran in this area unless that has changed (which it very well could have). I still haven't learned the intermodal pairs west of North Baltimore yet either.

There used to be a Q266 that was the counterpart to Q267. Usually if I would see one at Deshler, I would normally see the counterpart later that day, but that was a few years ago.

Q246 used to be daily or almost every day. ( I'm thinking Monday-Saturday or something like that) Did they change that too Bundar?
Flickr

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

Wasn't their a Q288 that used to go to Honda with automax racks too.
Exit stage left