Everything/Anything CF&E thread...

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Everything/Anything CF&E thread...

Unread post by midland sub »

Yes the three still are: IORY 4030 and CORP 4023 and 4024 are all in I believe the BN whiteface paint scheme. Then there is the 4 GP50s: 5001, 5002, 5004 and 5007 still in some sort of BN paint.

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bnsf8000 »

3/30/12. EB grain train through Van Wert at 11:32AM with CSX 4567/7343 and 87 cars. Heavy on the new "How tomorrow moves" cars, quite a few CSXT Grain Express cars plus 3 CSX grain Trinitys? plain and 2 Ex Family Lines cars. Train stopped and proceeded at the diamond. Still having issues. Could be a Hamlet, IN grain train.

Only 3 soda ash hoppers at the VWTerminal as of now: as few as I have seen in a long time.

MOW crew working east of the VW Terminal between Hoaglin Center Rd. and Gamble Rd. Have one of the big MOW trucks and a couple of personal vehicles.

Midland I've thought the same thing about Scott Equity leasing some grain cars. But, if it's like you say at Valero and such I don't know how much good it will do them. That would be nice to see some Verasun cars in VW though. 8)

PW

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

midland sub wrote:Scott Equity can always lease their own cars and then there will be less of an issue....there's probably a good 50 to 60 or more former Verasun Trinity 286 cov. hoppers in storage on the I&O at the moment that were in ddg service. I believe a good chunk, if not all of that grain traffic from Scott Equity at the moment is corn for Valero on the Midland or the ethanol plant in Lima. Cargill and the I&O are providing cars for those shuttles. Figure at least 6 crews touch those cars going from Van Wert to Valero. Valero can be a giant cluster #@$% with their track arrangement. Look at any of the satellite views of the plant and you can see real quickly they get jammed up. Between the two it takes time to move those cars back and forth.

AARR the 6 I&O GP40s in the red/orange scheme are all former CSX locos. Indeed the other GP40s were former BN locos at one point and originally B&O. Except the two on the TP&W/CERA are former UP from the MNA....confused yet?
Were those the covered hoppers that I seen jammed in the siding at the Sabina Elevator?..
Exit stage left

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by midland sub »

Nope those are loaded plastic pellet hoppers stored for Timber-tech in Wilmington. Worthless fun fact, but the siding in Sabina is 8 cars lengths short of holding a 65 car grain train.... :lol:

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

3/31/12. Sometime yesterday or early this morning the CF&E brought in 19 grain cars to the Scott Equity Exchange elevator. Some of the regular cuts of cars they have been getting: like Ex-General Chemical and alot of the other hoppers if not all are regulars.

Out at the Van Wert Terminal LLC they also received 7-8 soda ash hoppers. There are now 10 covered hoppers there compared to 3 just yesterday morning. The CF&E's coming through for them. 8)

PW

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

4/2/12. EB FWLI at 4:50PM through Van Wert. In charge were HLCX 8160/CSX 8435 with 44 cars. The CF&E train had 27 loaded steel flats including spacer cars with overhanging steel loads: TTX and LRS, 10 gons: NOKL FURX, RSSX?, 4 grain cars:AEX CSYX, 2 box cars and 1 tank car. Nice to see some 6 axle power here lately on the Lima/FT. Wayne turn. :D

This morning WB LIFW went through VW at around 11:15AM with as a wild guess of 55-60 cars. CSX 8435 leading and HLCX 8160 trailing. Too far away for cars.

Still 19 grain cars at Scott Equity and 10 soda ash hoppers at the Van Wert Terminal.

PW

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

4/3/12. EB CF&E loaded welded rail train through Middle Point at 4:15PM In charge of the train was CFE 3880 and had 26 CSXT welded rail cars in tow. Middle Point is the first town east of Van Wert on the CF&E. Rolling along at track speed.

Scott Equity is starting to load the 19 grain cars they have on site.

PW

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

4/3/12. WB LIFW through Van Wert at 11:30PM. In the lead were IORY 4036/4032/CORP 4024 hauling 81 cars. In the train were 19 empty steel flats for SDI and 1 loaded steel flat: TTX and a few SSW bulkheads, 30 grain cars: AEX, CSYX, BNGX, FURX, NOKL, Some of those covered hoppers were Cargill salt hoppers: 2 and 3 bay, 11 box cars: TTX among others, 9 tank cars: all for Bunge, 8 loaded gons, 2 coil cars and 1 NRLX plastics hopper. Rolled through town at track speed 35-40 mph.

4/4/12. LIVW in Van Wert this afternoon. Doing the honors are IORY 4032/4036. Looks like they brought in 14 more grain cars for Scott Equity Exchange and also took out 4 plastics hoppers to CSP. Have 19 grain cars on the CF&E manline to take back to Lima, plus around 9 empty plastics hoppers also to take back to Lima. So, probably have around 28 cars to leave VW as VWLI today.

Also, they have put in new components/electrical for the new crossing signal work on S. Shannon St. Went 100' each way from street putting in new underground lines.

PW

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

4/4/12. WB empty welded rail train at 10:15PM. Had CSX 7836 leading with 31 unit welded rail train. All cars were LBFX figuring L.B. Foster.

PW

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

alittlevanwerty wrote:http://www.flickr.com/photos/78433701@N03/page2/

pictures of the cfe on 3-27-12
I enjoyed your pics.

Question about the ex-BN GP40. It has the radiator grill work of a -2 model but lacks the sight glass. Does anyone know if it is straight 40 or -2 model?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

IORY_fan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by IORY_fan »

CORP 4024 is a GP40(hood rebuilt in sometime on BN?) with late phase radiators.

Also midland sub White face ex-BN locos on IORY-CFE are CORP 4023, CORP 4024, IORY 4030 & CBNS 5007.
IORY 5001, CBNS 5002, CBNS 5004 are in standard BN non white face.

Anyone else got motive power questions????? LOL Im sure I can answer them :D

IORY_fan

[quote="AARR"][quote="alittlevanwerty"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/78433701@N03/page2/

pictures of the cfe on 3-27-12[/quote]
I enjoyed your pics.

Question about the ex-BN GP40. It has the radiator grill work of a -2 model but lacks the sight glass. Does anyone know if it is straight 40 or -2 model?[/quote]
"Don't worry I'm pullin for ya, were all in this together"

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

4/5/12. WB LIFW through Van Wert at 10:53PM. In the lead were CSX 7836/CFE 3880 and 59 cars. In the consist were 25 empty steel flats for SDI, 12 tank cars for Bunge, 10 grain cars CSYX, BNGX, AEX?, FURX, 8 box cars: CN, TTX [FBOX], HS and BNSF, 2 plastics hoppers: PLCX and NRLX? and 2 loaded gons. Rolling right along at Wayne St.

PW

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

4/6/12. WB CF&E train LIFW at 10:37PM. In charge were IORY 4032/4036 pulling 62 cars. The consist had 17 Cargill 2&3 bay salt hoppers--salt is moving again, 14 empty steel flats: almost all TTX, 13 grain hoppers: mostly all Bunge traffic, 9 box cars: 8 CN, 5 coil cars: 4 NOKL and 1 IHB, 3 tank cars for Bunge and 1 highside gon.

Train worked the Van Wert Terminal before rolling through VW. Had 4 FMLX hoppers that probably came from the VW Terminal upfront.

PW

bdconrail29
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bdconrail29 »

bnsf8000 wrote:3/31/12. Sometime yesterday or early this morning the CF&E brought in 19 grain cars to the Scott Equity Exchange elevator. Some of the regular cuts of cars they have been getting: like Ex-General Chemical and alot of the other hoppers if not all are regulars.

Out at the Van Wert Terminal LLC they also received 7-8 soda ash hoppers. There are now 10 covered hoppers there compared to 3 just yesterday morning. The CF&E's coming through for them. 8)

PW
On 3/31, there was also an eastbound grainer that came across the Fort Wayne Line from Upper and entered Crestline Yard about 3:30 pm.
Brett

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

bnsf8000 wrote:The consist had 17 Cargill 2&3 bay salt hoppers--salt is moving again
Are these loads or mty's?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

AARR, the salt hoppers should be loaded WB through Van Wert. Should be going to Fort Wayne to transloaded. It may be at CF&E's Piqua Yard. On this board or the Ft. Wayne board this topic was explained I believe last year. Don't remember which.

PW

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

bnsf8000 wrote:AARR, the salt hoppers should be loaded WB through Van Wert. Should be going to Fort Wayne to transloaded. It may be at CF&E's Piqua Yard. On this board or the Ft. Wayne board this topic was explained I believe last year. Don't remember which.

PW
Hey guys, my curiousity got the best of me again so I looked this place up in Fort Wayne
http://wikimapia.org/#lat=41.0991703&lo ... 17&l=0&m=h
If this is the place, then CF&E would have to give the cars to NS to get to this place.
Exit stage left

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

bnsf8000 wrote:AARR, the salt hoppers should be loaded WB through Van Wert. Should be going to Fort Wayne to transloaded. It may be at CF&E's Piqua Yard. On this board or the Ft. Wayne board this topic was explained I believe last year. Don't remember which.

PW
So the salt is loaded out east and CF&E brings them to Fort Wayne for unloading.

Is this raod salt? It seems strange they would move road saltwhen winter is over but then again maybe they got a great price that justifys stock piling through the spring, summer, and fall.

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

AARR & redside20, I 'm thinking maybe midland said something about this last year. I believe he said the salt most likely comes from Utah. He also said the roundabout routing that gets the cars here. Chime in midland. Either he said that or I'm really wet on this one. Gettin' older, sometimes the mind wonders. :?

PW