Norfolk Southern through Beaverdam

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
jhnmummert
Railroadfan...fan

Norfolk Southern through Beaverdam

Unread post by jhnmummert »

Last evening at about 5:00 p.m. a northbound train of empty coal cars passed through Beaverdam on the NS. I imagine this was one of the trains that went southbound in the spring. Nothing profound, but interesting to see.

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Re: Norfolk Southern through Beaverdam

Unread post by redside20 »

jhnmummert wrote:Last evening at about 5:00 p.m. a northbound train of empty coal cars passed through Beaverdam on the NS. I imagine this was one of the trains that went southbound in the spring. Nothing profound, but interesting to see.
Yes..most likely the coal gons that went into storage south of Coldwater on the RJ Corman
Exit stage left

CF&E East
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CF&E East »

jhnmummert wrote:Last evening at about 5:00 p.m. a northbound train of empty coal cars passed through Beaverdam on the NS. I imagine this was one of the trains that went southbound in the spring. Nothing profound, but interesting to see.
I hope they keep pulling them and I can get a shot of one of the moves through Findlay. Did you get to see the power? Makes me wonder if something was sent down to pull them or if the local's power from Lima did the job.

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by alittlevanwerty »

My wife saw 3 Corman engines Friday head west and come back with a bunch of them top gons. Missed it again!

jhnmummert
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by jhnmummert »

I didn't see the power through Beaverdam. Just a bunch of cars.

howeld
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by howeld »

alittlevanwerty wrote:My wife saw 3 Corman engines Friday head west and come back with a bunch of them top gons. Missed it again!

If the coal cars your wife saw were NS TOP GON hoppers then they were not the storage cars west of Coldwater. All stored cars west of Coldwater were owned by Wisconsin Electric Power (WEPX). I will take a drive this evening to see how many of the storage cars are gone.
Derek

howeld
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by howeld »

Yep one cut is gone. Atleast 2-3 more left to remove if they are all being removed. I dont remember how many trains it took to get all stored cars into place.

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by alittlevanwerty »

RJ Corman ran another train to Lima today, 70-100 WPAX cars. NS GE 6 axle waiting for it in Lima. Spotted Corman in Buckland at 1215.