The Ann Arbor leaving Toledo tonight

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
MDH
rp.net addict

The Ann Arbor leaving Toledo tonight

Unread post by MDH »

The Annie road power set fired up and left the house about 6:30:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mdharding/ ... hotostream

And then worked their way up to the north end of the yard where another yellow switcher was working:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mdharding/ ... hotostream

Here's the road train at Stearns Rd up in Michigan - they had a big cut of grain hoppers in the train today:

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=409178

Regards,
Michael
Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Re: The Ann Arbor leaving Toledo tonight

Unread post by AARR »

Thanks for posting MDH. I enjoy your pics but especially like AARR :)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

They had an orange geep working the yard there tonight too. Nice pics!
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

penn central
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by penn central »

Do they run north on Saturday or is it just Monday-Friday i have cought the Annie a few times on weekdays when i was on vacation. Just wondering.

iKJames
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by iKJames »

penn central wrote:Do they run north on Saturday or is it just Monday-Friday i have cought the Annie a few times on weekdays when i was on vacation. Just wondering.
From what I've figured out so far, they seem to operate Monday-Friday north of Toledo while during the weekends it seems to be mostly working down in Toledo, but I wouldn't be surprised if they operate north on some weekends though.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

penn central wrote:Do they run north on Saturday or is it just Monday-Friday i have cought the Annie a few times on weekdays when i was on vacation. Just wondering.
I am pretty sure Saturday runs to either Saline and/or Osmer are common. Often on Sundays they will make a run too.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

penn central
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by penn central »

Thanks Don you tempt me greatly to go down to Toledo and watch the train and see if he goes to Osmer i would like to chase a grain train from Middleton on the GLC to Osmer one of these days and watch the AA pick it up and go to Toledo. It is getting harvesting season so it's going to be picking up soon.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

penn central wrote:Thanks Don you tempt me greatly to go down to Toledo and watch the train and see if he goes to Osmer i would like to chase a grain train from Middleton on the GLC to Osmer one of these days and watch the AA pick it up and go to Toledo. It is getting harvesting season so it's going to be picking up soon.
That would be a fun chase. Maybe a quick call to the offices can confirm if there will be weekend runs or not.