Great Day of Railfanning in NW Ohio

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
becauseisaidso15
Railroadfan...fan

Great Day of Railfanning in NW Ohio

Unread post by becauseisaidso15 »

Well, I got out to the tracks later than I wanted today, but still caught a ton of stuff. I started out going to the Amtrak Station in hopes to see the light power from 64A, which supposedly had NS 1071 (CNJ heritage). Because the circus train's animal cars were there, there was no loco's on sight. I caught a NS Intermodal, but still disappointed. I headed up to North Toledo, and that is when the good stuff was.
1. I drove over to AA's yard, and I saw a generator on a special flat bed.
2. Drove over to CN's yard, and saw a 44 or 45 Tonner along Shwartz.
3. Photographed a caboose in CSX's yard by the Jeep plant
4. A couple hundred yards from that was 2 CN loco's sitting by them self, the leader, EX IC, and the trailing, a blue CN.
5. Caught a BNSF light power move in CN's yard.
6. Went back over to AA's yard and caught 7802 (orange Annie) over Manhattan Blvd.
7. Caught a CSX SD40-3 over Manhattan Blvd.
I also caught a few more trains in there, nothing rare, but still, trains. The day before I was sick, and missed school. I haven't caught a heritage uni, or a train on the Clinton Industrial (Branch) in a long time.

Moral of this is: You might have a lot of bad days for what ever you do, but good days will come around, as long as you keep trying.

Keep on railfanning (or foaming if that is your thing)!

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Great Day of Railfanning in NW Ohio

Unread post by alittlevanwerty »

Um I think I can be classified as a foamer. lol. I can't imagine the crews calling me a railfan if I am standing in the pouring rain fighting to hold up the umbrella while working the camera.

iKJames
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by iKJames »

alittlevanwerty wrote:Um I think I can be classified as a foamer. lol. I can't imagine the crews calling me a railfan if I am standing in the pouring rain fighting to hold up the umbrella while working the camera.
I can be considered a railfan just because I despise the rain then, there was one day the rain did ruin my shot. Luckily, nothing rare. (but it blurred the engines!)

CharlieX90
Back from "Vacation"

Unread post by CharlieX90 »

You were in Toledo and you didn't see NS 414 come North for Detroit with the KCS Southern Belle leading? lol

iKJames
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by iKJames »

CharlieX90 wrote:You were in Toledo and you didn't see NS 414 come North for Detroit with the KCS Southern Belle leading? lol
What time would that of been? Assuming you don't mind me asking.

CharlieX90
Back from "Vacation"

Unread post by CharlieX90 »

iKJames wrote:
CharlieX90 wrote:You were in Toledo and you didn't see NS 414 come North for Detroit with the KCS Southern Belle leading? lol

Well i shot it in Detroit at 1700 and it held outside Detroit for about 30 mins. So with all the speed restrictions near Monroe, 1400 or so down that way maybe.

iKJames
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by iKJames »

CharlieX90 wrote:
iKJames wrote:

Well i shot it in Detroit at 1700 and it held outside Detroit for about 30 mins. So with all the speed restrictions near Monroe, 1400 or so down that way maybe.
Ah, I was out today also around that area and wasn't really by NS' mainline for Toledo-Detroit. Instead, I got to meet 2 engineers around the areas I go to (one related to NS, the other one being CSX) One of them I found out goes on here too. Makes it a great day for me, even if I miss some KCS.