Everything/Anything CF&E thread...Part 2

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
lvc126
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Everything/Anything CF&E thread...Part 2

Unread post by lvc126 »

Supposed to be in the fort tuesday or so. 5003 is a gp-50 and they dont like them in the fort much hard on fuel and slippery with the super series wheel slip system.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by midland sub »

Get your pics of the green GP50s on the I&O. They will be gone shortly.

penn central
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by penn central »

Wow thanks for the onfo Midland_Sub, I can remember the green ex BN GP50's running threw to Battle Creek on train 258, I have picture's of them going threw Durand in the late 1990's, There going to be missed. It wasn't a solid set of GP50's it was a mix of GT power with a GP50 mixed in.

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by alittlevanwerty »

lvc126 wrote:Supposed to be in the fort tuesday or so. 5003 is a gp-50 and they dont like them in the fort much hard on fuel and slippery with the super series wheel slip system.
Ya since I'm not a professional railroader I wouldn't really know the important aspects like fuel economy or reliable function.
midland sub wrote:Get your pics of the green GP50s on the I&O. They will be gone shortly.
I think I have gotten all the green GP50's that are currently running but still want to try for a few more shots...

Here is 3898/4034 bringing the FWLI into Cole St Friday:

I actually really like filming in the rain if the lense stays dry.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

alittlevanwerty wrote:I actually really like filming in the rain if the lense stays dry.
I like it when you video in the rain too, then I can railfan from my nice dry and warm office and watch :lol:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bnsf8000 »

I give you credit for hanging in there when the FWLI is going into the Cole St. yard at that speed. Nice to see the MNAR 3898 in one of your vids again. Good job!

PW

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Lol I bet your office is warm, my shoes were soaked from the muddy ground by the I&O.

Thanks, The they stopped for about 3 min in the middle of the shot so I had to edit them together.

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Well 6412/6415 ran the FWLI yesterday. Missed them coming into Lima :cry:
Ex GTW Ex DT&I 6415 and 6412 in Lima Ohio by alittlevanwerty, on Flickr
Caught them coming west through Van Wert through the darn camera didn't focus til after the locos had passed.

LIVW came into town about 11pm last night. Appears to have taken about 10-12 loads of grain from Scott Equity.

ns8401
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ns8401 »

alittlevanwerty wrote:Well 6412/6415 ran the FWLI yesterday. Missed them coming into Lima :cry:
Ex GTW Ex DT&I 6415 and 6412 in Lima Ohio by alittlevanwerty, on Flickr
Caught them coming west through Van Wert through the darn camera didn't focus til after the locos had passed.

LIVW came into town about 11pm last night. Appears to have taken about 10-12 loads of grain from Scott Equity.
Not a bad train at 81 cars, what were all those flats towards the end of the train?
Celebrating Over 3800 Posts in HD
This updated Signature Brought To YOU By The One The Only MQT3001!
NS8401, Online, At Trackside And On Your Side

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

Unread post by Mr. Tops »

ns8401 wrote: Not a bad train at 81 cars, what were all those flats towards the end of the train?
Flats are for SDI at Columbia City just west of Ft. Wayne.

lvc126
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by lvc126 »

Saw pictures of the G&W painted engines for the CF&E and the I&O today. They are former sp sd40-t2 's 8277 and 8801 i think. CF&E unit is the3316 and the I&O is 3312. to be shipped one day one of take over . The CF&E is giving up the 5597 in trade for it. Kind of a bummer the crews seemed to like it on the run to chicago and it was a good puller. CF&E was told that the 3316 was a solid engine, hope so she'll have big shoes to fill.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

5597 and 5678 on the I&O are both being shipped off for repair and repaint. I doubt either will return. Lot's and lots of changes coming to the old Railgenerica fleet. G&W will me making a lot of changes and swaps on the loco fleet. I&O will also be getting OC SD40T-2s 4027 and another unknown one yet.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

One day I'll learn how to read..... it's the tunnel motors we already knew about.

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

lvc126 wrote:Saw pictures of the G&W painted engines for the CF&E and the I&O today. They are former sp sd40-t2 's 8277 and 8801 i think. CF&E unit is the3316 and the I&O is 3312. to be shipped one day one of take over . The CF&E is giving up the 5597 in trade for it. Kind of a bummer the crews seemed to like it on the run to chicago and it was a good puller. CF&E was told that the 3316 was a solid engine, hope so she'll have big shoes to fill.
I really I can catch it the 1st day it runs through Van Wert! 1st of the year and I have sick time again...

lvc126
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by lvc126 »

We didnt know about the tunnels until today. Originally we were told we were to give up the 4056 which i gladly would have done.We dont really want a six axle as the only place we can really use it is on the chicago job. Another 4 axle would more to our liking, even if it is a tired old gp-40 like the ones we got from the I&O.Of course we have been told so many things in the last two months I'll only believe it when it shows up in the fort and leaves for chicago.

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Last I had heard the NREX 5597 was to be repainted CF&E. Oh well mabe I'll see it repained elsewhere someday...

lvc126
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by lvc126 »

Thats what we were told at first ,but you see how that changed. Midland sub is right alot of changes coming, hopefully more for the good.we'll miss the 97, we were looking forward to seeing it in orange and black anything but that old primer.Looks like it might even be gone before her next 92 day and the bath she definitly deserved.

lvc126
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by lvc126 »

By the way van werty 5003 went east today on the LI with a turned wheel and a bath inside and out. Looked real good sitting outside in the sunlight outside the shop this morning. Now if they'll send the 4023 back so we can some more work to her.

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

lvc126 wrote:By the way van werty 5003 went east today on the LI with a turned wheel and a bath inside and out. Looked real good sitting outside in the sunlight outside the shop this morning. Now if they'll send the 4023 back so we can some more work to her.
We spent the whole day filming in Marion so I copletely missed the FWLI yesterday.

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Well tonight I was just driving into town on Washington St when I heard the train. I parked the car and ran to the gates but it was already west of town. We tried to beat it to Convoy but amazingly it crossed and cleared Lincoln Highway before we made it. After we already invested the time I decided to just take 30 to Monroeville. Not much time left to catch the GT paint. I put a UV cover on so that is why there is the weird halos. I need to find a better solution to keep snow and rain off the lense...