Everything/Anything CF&E thread...Part 2

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
lvc126
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Everything/Anything CF&E thread...Part 2

Unread post by lvc126 »

3316 did make its first trip to chicago, but was somewhat less than stellar performance as it came back dead in tow for mechanical issues. Its in the shop for tomorrow or longer to staighten them out .Crew said it ran great going up . Hope to have it back out maybe tomorrow, we'll see how it goes, it sure looks good though. We were told that there are no plans as of right now for any more of the CF&E engines to get paint,and the 5597 is staying with us for now.

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bnsf8000 »

2/15/13. EB FWLI through Van Wert at around 4:20PM. Leading long hood forward were MNAR 3898/CORP 4024 and tagging along were 74 cars. Train consisted of 34 gons including a SBD reporting mark, 27 grain cars : AEX UELX, CSYX, BNGX 2 CN box cars, 10 steel loaded flats including idler cars and 1 SHPX tank car.

PW

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

bnsf8000 wrote:2/15/13. EB FWLI through Van Wert at around 4:20PM. Leading long hood forward were MNAR 3898/CORP 4024 and tagging along were 74 cars. Train consisted of 34 gons including a SBD reporting mark, 27 grain cars : AEX UELX, CSYX, BNGX 2 CN box cars, 10 steel loaded flats including idler cars and 1 SHPX tank car.

PW
I am pretty impressed that you not only get car counts but types and roadnames too 8) You're probably one of these gusy that can recite every train in the area but forget your girl friends/wife birthday :wink: :lol:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by alittlevanwerty »

bnsf8000 wrote:2/15/13. EB FWLI through Van Wert at around 4:20PM. Leading long hood forward were MNAR 3898/CORP 4024 and tagging along were 74 cars. Train consisted of 34 gons including a SBD reporting mark, 27 grain cars : AEX UELX, CSYX, BNGX 2 CN box cars, 10 steel loaded flats including idler cars and 1 SHPX tank car.

PW
We waited for this one at the VW diamond, video turned out great. Will post in the morning.

MSchwiebert
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MSchwiebert »

I am amazed that that crossing is still interlocked. Barely made sense when Amtrak ran there, and makes even less now.

alittlevanwerty wrote:

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

Every diamond on the CF&E is signaled.
Bottom text.

MSchwiebert
Railroadfan...fan

Understood, but I always figured that having a derail on the Cincinnati Northern on either side of the diamond, to take care of any cars that would roll unattended, would be more than sufficient.

Y@ wrote:Every diamond on the CF&E is signaled.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

You're probably right... But I'm a sucker for Pennsy lights. :)
Bottom text.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by midland sub »

NS won't let them remove the signals. NS still dispatches the line and holds the trump card (learned that fancy term from a troll at Trainorders) with the trackage rights they hold.

MSchwiebert
Railroadfan...fan

I had forgotten about the NS trackage rights & their dispatching, figured the trackage rights had lapsed though. Wonder if G&W will take the dispatching - at least from Bucyrus west to Valpo at some point in time?
midland sub wrote:NS won't let them remove the signals. NS still dispatches the line and holds the trump card (learned that fancy term from a troll at Trainorders) with the trackage rights they hold.

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

CF&E back to running the LIFW out of Lima again. Crew on duty at 5 pm. So far the run to Ft Wayne has came by around 10 pm the past 2 days (according to my wife). CORP 4024/CFE 3880 has been the power. Also 6415/6412 stationed in Lima. The positive side is the LIVW and other local runs are back to being ran in the day. Yesterday the LIVW came into VW about 11:30 am, 4024/3880. Usuall traffic for CSP and VW Terminal. Unusuall was the pair of Potash Corp cars for Scott Eq. They were shoved to the north side of Bonnewitz Ave between the 2 buildings. I've seen evidence of them shoving here before so there must be an unload I cannot see from the road.

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

2/21/13. LIVW is in Van Wert at 8:40AM. SCRF 6412/6415 are doing the honors. 8) Have 4 covered hoppers for CSP and moving towards the diamond at this time. Scott Equity elevator have their trackmobile coupled up to the potash hoppers on the northside of Bonnewitz Ave. plus the other 2 covered hoppers there also. Like having the LIVW in town during the day. Likewise, the LIFW at times might be a daylight run WB. We'll see. Everything can change.

PW

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

2/21/13. EB LIVW getting ready to depart Van Wert and head back towards to Lima around 11:45 AM. SCRF 6415/6412 with 8 cars. Has 4 ACFX [OMYA] the 2 Potash Corp covered hoppers and the other 2 covered hoppers from the Scott Equity elevator. Nice to see the orange Potash Corp cars once in awhile. Makes a little difference from the usual covered hoppers.

There are 4 tank cars still at the Van Wert Terminal and also 7 soda ash covered hoppers as of today.

PW

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

bnsf8000 wrote:2/21/13. EB LIVW getting ready to depart Van Wert and head back towards to Lima around 11:45 AM. SCRF 6415/6412 with 8 cars. Has 4 ACFX [OMYA] the 2 Potash Corp covered hoppers and the other 2 covered hoppers from the Scott Equity elevator. Nice to see the orange Potash Corp cars once in awhile. Makes a little difference from the usual covered hoppers.

There are 4 tank cars still at the Van Wert Terminal and also 7 soda ash covered hoppers as of today.

PW
The LIVW stopped in Delphos on the way back. They brought all the stored boxcars back to Lima. Caught it in the nick of time. Video coming later in my detailed trip report.

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

I caught the LIVW yesterday. Unfourtunately my shot of 4024 leading north on the CN didn't record for some reason. My camera was acting up.

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

Always nice to see action on the CN spur. Was that the only car the LIVW brought into town? Did they work the VW Terminal or elevator? Nice catch! 8)

PW

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

They worked VW terminal and brought 4 empties into town. Didn't have any work at the elevator.

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

3/1/13. EB LIFW at 8:45AM through Van Wert. In charge and leading were CSX 7847/7507/SCRF 6415. Train had 78 cars including: 23 loaded steel flats from SDI and 3 empty bulkhead flats, 23 covered hoppers: Usual Bunge culprits also, BNSF, CGLX, NOKL and FMLX among others, 17 gons: ZVBX and FPTX among others, 8 box cars: 6 CN and 1 GMRC and 1 other, 1 white tank car, 2 NOKL coil cars and 1 UNPX [Procor] covered hopper.

There are 10 soda ash covered hoppers and 4 tank cars at the Van Wert Terminal.

PW

60Tonner
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by 60Tonner »

bnsf8000 wrote:3/1/13. EB LIFW at 8:45AM through Van Wert. In charge and leading were CSX 7847/7507/SCRF 6415. Train had 78 cars including: 23 loaded steel flats from SDI and 3 empty bulkhead flats, 23 covered hoppers: Usual Bunge culprits also, BNSF, CGLX, NOKL and FMLX among others, 17 gons: ZVBX and FPTX among others, 8 box cars: 6 CN and 1 GMRC and 1 other, 1 white tank car, 2 NOKL coil cars and 1 UNPX [Procor] covered hopper.

There are 10 soda ash covered hoppers and 4 tank cars at the Van Wert Terminal.

PW

No wonder my mail was late.LOL

60T0nner