Fostoria, Rail park is back on track

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
bnsfben
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Fostoria, Rail park is back on track

Unread post by bnsfben »

I was in Fostoria this past weekend, and the white building just east of Poplar St. was in the process of being torn down. At least there is some physical progress.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

bnsfben wrote:I was in Fostoria this past weekend, and the white building just east of Poplar St. was in the process of being torn down. At least there is some physical progress.
Actions speak louder than words...both in philosophy class and government! :wink:
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

This may have been taken in Fostoria
Tyrone Williams? :lol:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

CSX Q109
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CSX Q109 »

Work haves begain on the rail park. Image
Fostoria ohio trains 4-18-13 049 by CSX/UP DUDE, on Flickr

CSX Q109
Railroadfan...fan

CSX Q109 wrote:Work haves begain on the rail park. Image
Fostoria ohio trains 4-18-13 049 by CSX/UP DUDE, on Flickr
Fostoria ohio trains 4-18-13 025 by CSX/UP DUDE, on Flickr

pica
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by pica »

I heard Ellen was in Toledo spreading the word to train watchers about the new Fostoria rail park.

Huelsy'sTrainBlog
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Huelsy'sTrainBlog »

pica wrote:I heard Ellen was in Toledo spreading the word to train watchers about the new Fostoria rail park.
Yes, I avoided that booth like the plague!! She came to the "temp" park last night after the event, luckily she talked to the group that I wasn't in and left my group alone!

pica
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by pica »

Huelsy'sTrainBlog wrote:
pica wrote:I heard Ellen was in Toledo spreading the word to train watchers about the new Fostoria rail park.
Yes, I avoided that booth like the plague!! She came to the "temp" park last night after the event, luckily she talked to the group that I wasn't in and left my group alone!
Consider yourself lucky, very lucky.

Huelsy'sTrainBlog
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Huelsy'sTrainBlog »

pica wrote:
Huelsy'sTrainBlog wrote:
Consider yourself lucky, very lucky.
I know! I have been "graced" by her presence before.

CSX Q109
Railroadfan...fan

I am hearing it will be sept or oct that the park will be done and open. The construction is also going well and is on schedule for a fall completion.

CSX Q109
Railroadfan...fan

Fostoria rail park update.

Okay folks I ve been told the new Fostoria rail park should be open by the end of this month if the weather is good and no more rain. The paveing haves started tuesday and should be done friday if not monday. The rest rooms are getting close to being done and the lights with the light poles are all up and the powers on but not yet to all of them.

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Fostoria rail park update.

Unread post by alittlevanwerty »

Hopefully they will cut down the trees and bushes by the NS so there will be a clear shot! Looks nice though.

CSX Q109
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Fostoria rail park update.

alittlevanwerty wrote:Hopefully they will cut down the trees and bushes by the NS so there will be a clear shot! Looks nice though.
Some of the trees are now gone but thires still about 8 trees that will be cut down at some point but I do not know when that Will happen. I''ll try to keep this updated as any new info or happens that have to do with the railpark.

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

Interesting layout indeed. I was speaking with one of the locals and he told me the new driveway off of Poplar street has a 7' think roadbed underneath the new asphalt. They must be expecting A LOT of traffic.

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Unread post by MagnumForce »

7 feet? I really doubt that. An expressway doesn't have a 7 foot roadbed, I doubt a runway at DTW even has a 7 foot deep roadbed.

howeld
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by howeld »

7 inches would be more likely. Typically 6-8inches of stone base under asphalt for parking lots and light duty pavements. They may use a heavier asphalt thickness to account for any large RV's that may use the drive.

I have in one case placed about 6-8ft of stone base under a parking lot when I encountered some very soft sands and soils that had the consistency of pudding. After 6ft of stone and two layers of Geo-grid (looks like snow fence) we were still having mud pump up through all that and cause flexing under rollers of the surface course of asphalt. Not my most favorite project.

CSX Q109
Railroadfan...fan

Great news to pass on to everyone !!!!!! The City of Fostoria will have their official ribbon-cutting at the Fostoria Rail Park on Friday, November 15, two weeks from today. The 3:00 p.m. ceremony should be completed at 3:30 with a reception immediately following at the BANKquet Hall, corner of Main & Tiffin Streets until 5:00 p.m.. Please pass this information on to everyone !!!...

Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Robertrains »

CSX Q109 wrote:Great news to pass on to everyone !!!!!! The City of Fostoria will have their official ribbon-cutting at the Fostoria Rail Park on Friday, November 15, two weeks from today. The 3:00 p.m. ceremony should be completed at 3:30 with a reception immediately following at the BANKquet Hall, corner of Main & Tiffin Streets until 5:00 p.m.. Please pass this information on to everyone !!!...
Did this happen today (11-15)? I heard it was happening tomorrow, Saturday! I'm going with this being "Correct," correct? I'll probably go in the Spring to see the new park!!!!

Edit: I just found this page; it looks like the "Ceremony" happened less than an hour ago now (as of 3:42 p.m. Nov. 15):
:D http://thecourier.typepad.com/alongther ... -park.html
:mrgreen:
Robert Jackson (Extreme Railfan/Bluewater and Michigan Transit Museum member)

http://cooltrains.rrpicturearchives.net/

CSX Q109
Railroadfan...fan

Yes it was today the 15th. This will make a great addtion to the city of fostoria for rail fans.

jimnorthwood
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by jimnorthwood »