Ex ICE GP40-2's on the Toledo Sub

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Ex ICE GP40-2's on the Toledo Sub

Unread post by alittlevanwerty »

Wednesday morning I was surprised to see ICE/DME colors down in the Lima yard, I was driving over the Robb Ave bridge. I figured it was come CN owned SD40-2's that were passing through but I was surprised to see them coupling up to the cars for the CF&E. Sure was my lucky morning to have unusual power for the Y102! Once they were out moving I was able to see that they were actually GP40-2's now owned by HLCX. Since the SD40-2's they had last year were sent back it has been a good 8 months or more since I've caught a leaser on CSX. Traffic was light coming back from the CF&E since they never ran a LIFW monday, only cars back to CSX were the LIVW traffic.
CSX Y102 Lima Ohio by alittlevanwerty, on Flickr
I know that shot was blurry, a lot of the pictures I took that morning were. Some dirt or hair in my wife's Nikon I think. At least this one was crisp, HLCX 4210 was unlisted on RR PICTURE ARCHIVES.NET so I needed a good shot to upload.
CSX Y102 Lima Ohio by alittlevanwerty, on Flickr

Also lucky for me, CSX commonly uses the same power for the Q559 in the afternoon that they used for the Y102 in the morning. They did and it was a chase! I made it to Lima in the afternoon just in time to miss them coming through the gates on Main St. I hoped to catch them in Cridersville but the engineer really notched it out so I had to get on I75 to get a lead. I made it to Wapak JUST in time to get them on the south end of town. Had I noticed right away they were going to do a meet here I would have taken more video. I quickly drove to the south end of the siding and waited, the north bound was already in sight. Didn't catch the symbol but it was an autorack with a lot of frames and mixed traffic at the end. Ring a bell for anyone?

After filming the Q559 we drove north spotting 3 more southbounds, a Herzog ballast train, an autorack and a Manifest.

Does anyone know who is the actual leasor of these locos? It would be great to see the colors more often!

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

Re: Ex ICE GP40-2's on the Toledo Sub

Unread post by Mr. Tops »

alittlevanwerty wrote:Does anyone know who is the actual leasor of these locos? It would be great to see the colors more often!
Well, I would guess that since the reporting marks are HLCX, that the actual lessor is Helm Leasing...

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Mr. Tops wrote:
alittlevanwerty wrote:Does anyone know who is the actual leasor of these locos? It would be great to see the colors more often!
Well, I would guess that since the reporting marks are HLCX, that the actual lessor is Helm Leasing...
I think he meant leasee
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

CSX is leasing them because apparently they are short 4 axle power.

I think we have 3 or 4 floating around Avon in local and yard service.

Practice Safe CSX

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

CSX_CO wrote:CSX is leasing them because apparently they are short 4 axle power.

Practice Safe CSX
Thanks! Maybe being seeing more then... If I do I owe my wife 10 bucks because I bet her we wouldn't see them on the Toledo sub again!

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

SCRF 6415 was delivered to the I&O Friday so that was the last time we'll be seeing GT colors at Cole St. :(

CG Tower
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CG Tower »

Better pay up as they came north on Q558 today.

CG Tower

alittlevanwerty wrote:
CSX_CO wrote:CSX is leasing them because apparently they are short 4 axle power.

Practice Safe CSX
Thanks! Maybe being seeing more then... If I do I owe my wife 10 bucks because I bet her we wouldn't see them on the Toledo sub again!
-You are speaking in nonsense. This troubles me.

See all of my photos at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cgtower/

GenXRailMedia
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GenXRailMedia »

Old news but FWIW, 4213 and 4210 were on Cincy-Dayton J782 on Thursday.
"I'll stop you by the radio there, TV-19."

Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/kc8wjg/

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/GenXRailMedia?feature=mhee

MSchwiebert
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MSchwiebert »

Had one of these (4210 I think) on the "Rossford Rocket" Yard Job that went out to Schutz Container just outside of Perrysburg last night.