Conrail Historical Society Marion Rail-BQ July 27th

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Conrail Historical Society Marion Rail-BQ July 27th

Unread post by conrailman75 »

In a little under a month it will be time for the 4th annual Conrail Historical Society's Marion Rail-BQ at the Marion Union Station in Marion, OH on Saturday July 27th from sunrise to sunset. This event is free and you do not have to be a member to attend. The entire station complex(i.e. the depot, tower, and model railroad club) will be open during the event and the society is bringing its grill with them to fix hot dogs and burgers and such. The food is also free, but donations are always welcome. The society will have its Conrail Shoppe set up with all the society merchandise available for sale. There will be a slide show in the evening around 7pm; so far we have some classic Conrail photography from Dale Devene and Dave Oroszi with more as they are announced. For those of you who want more than grill food, the Shovel restaurant is located on the depot's property. So come on out and have some fun with the CRHS on July 27th.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrail7695
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Conrail Historical Society Marion Rail-BQ July 27th

Unread post by conrail7695 »

would love to be there Chris, but that weekend I am going north to mackinaw city, Michigan for family vacation?. Any more events this year for Conrail?

Did you get my new e-mail address?
THANKS M. SHIREY

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

conrail7695 wrote:would love to be there Chris, but that weekend I am going north to mackinaw city, Michigan for family vacation?. Any more events this year for Conrail?

Did you get my new e-mail address?
Yes I did and the only other event I know of right now is the convention in September, I should know more after the RBQ.

Everyone else - this is your reminder that the Rail-BQ is two weeks from Saturday, hope to see you there!
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

dmitzel
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by dmitzel »

I may just come on down for this - the 27th is smack dab in the middle of a couple week's vacation I have scheduled, and I've been meaning to come down and see Marion for years, having an interest in all things on the west end PC-CR and EL.

I'll have to check with the missus - may have to bring a kid or two with me to get my pass issued.
D.M. Mitzel
Div. 8-NCR-NMRA
Oxford, Mich.

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Just a reminder that the Rail-BQ is a week and a half away now :)
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

I forgot, we have firmed up the slide presenter list for this year. As usual, the slide shows start at 7pm.

Dale Devene
Tom DeWinter
Dave Oroszi
Rich Weller

While I'm not sure yet what the others will present, Dale is going to give a show on Conrail running up the Carrothers Secondary, which was the old PRR branch into Toledo that Conrail used until 1984.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

bdconrail29
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bdconrail29 »

conrailman75 wrote:I forgot, we have firmed up the slide presenter list for this year. As usual, the slide shows start at 7pm.

Dale Devene
Tom DeWinter
Dave Oroszi
Rich Weller

While I'm not sure yet what the others will present, Dale is going to give a show on Conrail running up the Carrothers Secondary, which was the old PRR branch into Toledo that Conrail used until 1984.
You're making me cry! Chris, of course I'll be there again and I'll get some GR8 shots of the grilling hamburgers and hot dogs again! :)
Brett

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

Oroszi told me his show is Conrail in the 70s. Mostly "foreign" (non Penn Central and blue) units in Dayton and elsewhere.

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

cbehr91 wrote:Oroszi told me his show is Conrail in the 70s. Mostly "foreign" (non Penn Central and blue) units in Dayton and elsewhere.
Thanks Corey!
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Just a reminder that this event is two days away now! In a late breaking development, I was informed today that the society will NOT be bringing its grill to the event this year. They plan to do something for lunch, yet to be determined, and dinner will be on your own. They will however still provide free snacks, sides, and drinks throughout the day. The good news is that the Shovel restaurant is located on the property for those that don't want to wander too far from the tracks to get their food. Again, I apologize for the grill not being there this year and I hope that it won't change your mind about going as its still going to be a great event. Hope to see you all on Saturday!
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

conrailman75 wrote:The good news is that the Shovel restaurant is located on the property for those that don't want to wander too far from the tracks to get their food.
They don't handle large crowds well, so don't go all at once.

railohio
Photographer of Wires in America by Rail of Ohio & Wisconsin

Unread post by railohio »

cbehr91 wrote:
conrailman75 wrote:The good news is that the Shovel restaurant is located on the property for those that don't want to wander too far from the tracks to get their food.
They don't handle large crowds well, so don't go all at once.
QFT.
"I shot the freight train / But I did not shoot the fantrip"

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Well the food issue has been settled. Apparently the society grill got "bad ordered"(aka its broken) which is why they are not bringing it this year. So instead they are going to provide fried chicken, potato salad, and such for lunch instead of grilling out.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

Looking forward to Saturday.

dmitzel
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by dmitzel »

I'm in town now - see you all in the morning.
D.M. Mitzel
Div. 8-NCR-NMRA
Oxford, Mich.