IORY North End

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Re: IORY North End

Unread post by alittlevanwerty »

Gonna be a daylight LNL today and its massive! Just got track warrant from XN to 77 but locomotives still getting fueled up by office. 4071/4083/4072.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

alittlevanwerty wrote:Gonna be a daylight LNL today and its massive! Just got track warrant from XN to 77 but locomotives still getting fueled up by office. 4071/4083/4072.
Will there be a pig iron block for Delta and possibly mty's for The Anderson's?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

What is MTY? Looks to be a lot of loaded coil cars, tanks, and the other usual stuff. I don't see a block of pig iron cars here. Not sure when they will get north since CSX is busy replacing the switch at DT&I junction.

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by heartlandguy »

alittlevanwerty wrote:What is MTY? Looks to be a lot of loaded coil cars, tanks, and the other usual stuff. I don't see a block of pig iron cars here. Not sure when they will get north since CSX is busy replacing the switch at DT&I junction.
MTYs is short for Empties, and in this case, empty covered hoppers for The Anderson's in Metamora.
"Alright, uh, get to a stop here and we'll order you a party bus for Lima" -12/30/16

"He ain't one of them terrorists, is he?" "Nah, just some paparazzi. We never get them out here!" -03/12/19

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Ok got it. Only 2 green MKT (GLC) and one other hopper in this train. Cincinnati just told them they won't get a signal til at least 1800! There goes their plans! Track warrant cancelled as of 2:17pm

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by midland sub »

Amazing. The absolute stupidity of the I&O. They knew about the track curfew on the Toledo Sub...... Oh that's right there's only one TM for the entire railroad and he's in Cincy.....

The former MKT hoppers are neat. Believe there's also a former Southern that's used for that customer in Cincy.

Aren't those coil cars empty and get loaded at Fulton County Steel?

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

midland sub wrote:Amazing. The absolute stupidity of the I&O. They knew about the track curfew on the Toledo Sub...... Oh that's right there's only one TM for the entire railroad and he's in Cincy.....

The former MKT hoppers are neat. Believe there's also a former Southern that's used for that customer in Cincy.

Aren't those coil cars empty and get loaded at Fulton County Steel?
The crew seemed surprised. They had to have seen the rail and plates dropped last week! The loads are for the CF&E interchange. They hadn't finished building their train so I assumed it was all loads. Has to be about 20 empties to go north though. They are using the LSL to go switch the ethanol plant now, about to cross the CF&E diamond.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

alittlevanwerty wrote:Ok got it. Only 2 green MKT (GLC) and one other hopper in this train.
I've heard that a few sandies (covered hoppers loaded with sand) from Yuma (MI) make their way down to Cinncy occasionally (maybe it was midland who shared it with me :) Anyone know who gets those sandy cars?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Maybe IORY fan knows for sure but I believe it's one of the industries along the former B&O main in the Bond Hill area. There's a couple right around where the old N&W line crossed the B&O near 75 that get two bay hoppers.

IORY_fan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by IORY_fan »

If you are talking about sand cars, I know for certain that Anchor glass in Greendale on the CIND gets sand cars(have seen mostly CSX family B&O/C&O cars) But I have seen some MKT green 2 bays in McCoullugh Yard not 100% sure where those go

IORY_fan
"Don't worry I'm pullin for ya, were all in this together"

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

IORY_fan wrote:If you are talking about sand cars, I know for certain that Anchor glass in Greendale on the CIND gets sand cars(have seen mostly CSX family B&O/C&O cars) But I have seen some MKT green 2 bays in McCoullugh Yard not 100% sure where those go

IORY_fan
Sand from Yuma is processed for casting (approx 33% of production) and fracking (approx 67% of production). I don't think Yuma sand can be used in glass production. I've heard that some sand from Yuma may be going to OH for fracking but I haven't confirmed it from a reliable source.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

I'm thinking those former MKT cars go to some sort of foundry company in the Cincy area.

Loco_Engr
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Loco_Engr »

CastFab in Oakley for the sand going GLC-AA-IORY, as far as I know.

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by heartlandguy »

IORY southbound heading into Lima, just now by DT&I Jct at 3:15pm. Not many specifics on this guy, as I was walking home from school. 1 or 2 engines (leader sounded like of the ex-CP SD40-2s) and a moderate sized train, going off of sound.
"Alright, uh, get to a stop here and we'll order you a party bus for Lima" -12/30/16

"He ain't one of them terrorists, is he?" "Nah, just some paparazzi. We never get them out here!" -03/12/19

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

heartlandguy wrote:IORY southbound heading into Lima, just now by DT&I Jct at 3:15pm. Not many specifics on this guy, as I was walking home from school. 1 or 2 engines (leader sounded like of the ex-CP SD40-2s) and a moderate sized train, going off of sound.
They started out at XN where the LNL crew tied the train down. 65 cars plus 4070/4072. They got on the Ottawa loop and pulled several IHB coil cars from the steel place. I didn't get any video on the loop due to being rudely harrassed by the Putnam county sheriff. I was set up on the berm of the road 20 plus feet away from the gates when he pulled up in his personal SUV and told me I wasn't going to be filming there. I told him yes I was to which he got out of his car and abused his authority. I am still debating going in to make a formal complaint.

The LNL ran by the LSL crew had to wait for Q042 to make through from Lima. I shot the 42 from from Road 8M but the LNL cleared the Road M gates before I could film them there. I did manage to get them 4 times between Ottawa and Lima though.

CG Tower
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CG Tower »

Where exactly were you? If you were near the jail then that's an issue (kinda like the tank plant in Lima). Did you get his name and badge number?

CG Tower
-You are speaking in nonsense. This troubles me.

See all of my photos at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cgtower/

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

CG Tower wrote:Where exactly were you? If you were near the jail then that's an issue (kinda like the tank plant in Lima). Did you get his name and badge number?

CG Tower
I was standing on the east side of the crossing at Road M where the Ottawa loop parallels the T Sub. I didn't get a badge or name and he wasn't wearing one either. He was wearing a sweater/vest that identified him as Putnam County. I am 95% certain he is THE Sheriff, the elected official. At least his picture looks a lot like the guy on their FB page. Heavy set, mid to late 40s, salt and pepper with more pepper. Stinks like ciggs. Drives a jet black suburban that is about 5-7 years old. Even when I got talked to by the MPs at the tank plant (filming Rj Corman) they were respectful and courteous. This guy talked to me like I was dirt.
Last edited by alittlevanwerty on Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Indeed it is. Thanks Loco _eng.

Loco_Engr wrote:CastFab in Oakley for the sand going GLC-AA-IORY, as far as I know.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

Welcome to Putnam County. Ohio's anus.
Bottom text.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

For those that don't follow the south end ramblings the I&O now has two OC SD40-2s and will be getting two six axles from a leasing company. OC locos are supposed to stay on a stone train moving back and forth between the Midland and Logan Subs. Leased locos are supposed to be work grain trains only.