camp chase industrial railroad question

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
cnj1956
Railroadfan...fan

camp chase industrial railroad question

Unread post by cnj1956 »

does this railroad operate any regular freight trains or is everything on demand.??

jallenp7
Railroadfan...fan

Re: camp chase industrial railroad question

Unread post by jallenp7 »

Believe they Run Mon through Friday during the day, only go out to Lilly Chapel on an as needed bases, mostly during grain season, soon and already there is a bike trail that runs beside the railroad.

Still interchange at Buckeye

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by midland sub »

Indeed they work Mon-Fri. I believe they start at 0700 most days from the Georgesville Road office where the locos are kept. The ConAgra wheat mill at Georgesville Rd is their biggest customer. They get quite a bit of inbound wheat from Canada and the western states. The Columbus Dispatch is next and actually just picked up quite a bit as they are now printing the Cincinnati Enquirer at their printing plant. There's a short ind spur over into Crosswinds Lane that used to have two customers. I think they are just down to a plastic pellet transload in the former lumber yard there.

As for the grain elevator at Lilly Chapel I've heard that NS power is allowed to run out there. I saw a set of NS power sitting at ConAgra a couple of years ago so I'm not sure if they can or not.

Last I saw 1501-1503 are currently used with 1502 shoved to the end of the ConAgra tracks.

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

midland sub wrote:Indeed they work Mon-Fri. I believe they start at 0700 most days from the Georgesville Road office where the locos are kept. The ConAgra wheat mill at Georgesville Rd is their biggest customer. They get quite a bit of inbound wheat from Canada and the western states. The Columbus Dispatch is next and actually just picked up quite a bit as they are now printing the Cincinnati Enquirer at their printing plant. There's a short ind spur over into Crosswinds Lane that used to have two customers. I think they are just down to a plastic pellet transload in the former lumber yard there.

As for the grain elevator at Lilly Chapel I've heard that NS power is allowed to run out there. I saw a set of NS power sitting at ConAgra a couple of years ago so I'm not sure if they can or not.

Last I saw 1501-1503 are currently used with 1502 shoved to the end of the ConAgra tracks.
No wonder I saw so many of those red CP boxcars. I should've known they were all for the Dispatch because nobody else on the CCIR gets boxcar traffic..Also the Sunoco tanks there off of Wilson haven't seen one iota of traffic in several years.
Exit stage left

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by midland sub »

Wilson Road tank farm stopped getting inbound ethanol right after the ethanol plant in Bloomingburg went into production and did not receive anything the eight or nine months that Bloomingburg was shut down after the Verasun bankruptcy.

GenXRailMedia
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GenXRailMedia »

I thought I had read a few years back that a significant amount of money was to be allocated to rebuild the old Avenue Yard for the new Sunoco service. Did this ever happen? If so, what a waste.
"I'll stop you by the radio there, TV-19."

Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/kc8wjg/

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/GenXRailMedia?feature=mhee

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

GenXRailMedia wrote:I thought I had read a few years back that a significant amount of money was to be allocated to rebuild the old Avenue Yard for the new Sunoco service. Did this ever happen? If so, what a waste.
Yes...The line under Wilson Road was shifted to the south so the spur could be utilized into the tank farm...indeed a waste of dollars..And that tank farm isn't the only one that's suffering, Another tank farm just a few miles to the north on Fisher Road that is served by NS from a spur connecting off the Dayton District hasn't seen a car in some time either.
Exit stage left