Everything/Anything CF&E thread...Part 3

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.

ssnk79
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Everything/Anything CF&E thread...Part 3

Unread post by ssnk79 »

MagnumForce wrote:In Lima now, no warrant west yet
I thought you meant that You were in Lima
CSX_CO: 10 minutes, keep hoping the yard blows up and I won't have to go in tonight.

CSX_CO: Hump Hump Hump all night long, hump all night while I sing this song. See those cars, going to make them fly, sure hope the double o' eight is on time

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Unread post by MagnumForce »

When I left 67w was waiting on FWLI to clear before heading west and FWLI was just coming into Cole Treetops yard.

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

MagnumForce wrote:Cole Treetops yard.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
When autocorrect attacks.

MagnumForce
Angry Man

ssnk79 wrote:
MagnumForce wrote:In Lima now, no warrant west yet
I thought you meant that You were in Lima

That is what I meant... the train was already there.

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by alittlevanwerty »

http://youtu.be/Ul0_Us7H4lc

Well putting the youtube link in the youtube brackets doesn't appear to be working this morning. This is the link to the 67W last night

h2466
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by h2466 »

Nice catch Scott! Ken 8)

MagnumForce
Angry Man

jhnmummert
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by jhnmummert »

Thanks for the photos and video recently posted. It is great to see some NS traffic on what will always be to me the old Pennsylvania main line.

howeld
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by howeld »

Passed through Ada today and noticed that new ties must have been installed as there were old ties (or what was left of them-not much) spaced out along ROW. Returned via 75 at Lima and passed over a Tamper and some other maintenance equipment rolling east under the highway.

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bnsf8000 »

11/11/14. LIVW is in Van Wert at 1:50PM. Doing the honors are CF&E 3023/CFE 3886 with 20 cars. Consists of 6 covered hoppers probably from pickup at Van Wert Terminal transload; 6 loaded covered hoppers for CSP in VW; 3 more covered hoppers and 5 propane tank cars for the new propane transload just north of Scott Equity elevator.

My friend has told me that propane is being transloaded just north of Bonnewitz Ave. in to trucks. It looks like this is the 2nd set of propane cars to be unloaded. Probably just seasonal in nature. Hope this lasts a while. Definitely would make a nice transload for a model railroad. I was already thinking of a transload/team track for my modern BNSF layout. This scratches that itch. 8)

Last I had heard the newest painted G&W orange unit for CF&E was in yard in Chicago area. Hope it gets this way soon. It is CFE 3042 exCORP 4023.

There were 10 covered hoppers at the VW Terminal as of couple days ago. Which has probably changed with the cars on the LIVW today.

PW

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Spotted 4056 in Ft Wayne today, it got the dreaded silver streak where railamerica used to be. Why can't they patch these with a G&W logo so it looks half decent?

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by midland sub »

There's a guy at G&W corp that throws a fit when he sees anything that still has it's former owner's logo. You can tell what lines he has not been to such as the Kyle where the former SP locos have not been patched.

h2466
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by h2466 »

bnsf8000 wrote:
My friend has told me that propane is being transloaded just north of Bonnewitz Ave. in to trucks. It looks like this is the 2nd set of propane cars to be unloaded. Probably just seasonal in nature. PW
This explains the two derails, insulated joint bars and the rails being bonded between them. Which was recently done as the bonded areas weren't even rusted as of Sat. There is a string of tank cars North of the US 30 overpass currently. Ken 8)

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

The propane tank cars maybe for the elevator. In the past Scott Equity has received propane as they have a large white mounted propane tank adjacent just to the west of the tracks north of Bonnewitz Ave. I'll have to check to see if that is what they are doing again.

Also, once in a great while I have spotted the orange potash cars on the other Scott Equity siding that crosses Bonnewitz Ave. Even saw tank cars there occasionally.

Been awhile but the Scott Equity was looking into a grant to upgrade some of the siding with newer rail and such. Haven't heard much about that lately.

One of my railfanning/model RR buddies talked to the scrap yard place on the new section of supersite trackage. Guy told him they would like to put in the siding since the switch has already been put in. Would be nice to see that. At least it would give the extension/ CF&E a customer.

PW

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

WB NS train 19A was through Van Wert around 7:30PM on the CF&E. Leading were NS 8447/NS 9775/CSX 3028/CSX 3076/NS 3405 hauling around 120-125 cars. Train had several Detroit Salt covered hoppers, cut of BNSF grain hoppers, CP/SOO cut of grain and freight cars, lots of tank cars including ADM, several TILX reefers, lots of box cars. Nice mixed manifest. Rolling through Van Wert with our slow order. Thanks for the heads up alittlevanwerty!

PW

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Your welcome

Here is a video I shot in August at the diamond in Lima, the CF&E LIEX waits for Q134 and Y101 before crossing east.

http://youtu.be/Z-sgoXPh-nI

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

11/13/14. LIVW in Van Wert again at 12:55PM. In charge CFE 3024/IORY 4036 with 6 cars. Has 5 covered hoppers and 1 tank car.

Nice string of propane tank cars north of the US 30 overpass on the supersite spur. Even spotted a white one and Procor among the other black ones. There are 2 tank cars north of Bonnewitz Ave. The local the other day did leave the 3 grain cars at the Scott Equity.

Friend said this morning there was a train through VW around 5:30AM and another around 6:30AM. The 2nd was the CF&E FWLI he thought. Didn't catch what the 1st train was though.

Nice vid alittlevanwerty!

PW