Everything/Anything CF&E thread...Part 3

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Everything/Anything CF&E thread...Part 3

Unread post by bnsf8000 »

NS OCS was through Van Wert on CF&E around 5:10pm. Looked like a lot of top brass on board.

PW

CG Tower
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CG Tower »

Train will tie up in Lima tonight. I passed Cole Street yard around 5:45 to see several vans ready to pick up folks off the train. I then passed the train outside of Elida, Ohio on my way to Delphos for a meeting.

I've not seen the OCS at night, but, from what I could see, the interior is beautiful...and it was indeed full of people.

CG Tower
-You are speaking in nonsense. This troubles me.

See all of my photos at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cgtower/

CG Tower
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CG Tower »

NS 955 departed Lima at 0700 this morning...

CG
-You are speaking in nonsense. This troubles me.

See all of my photos at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cgtower/

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by alittlevanwerty »

NS run through passing Van Wert at 11am, not sure the symbol but looks like another 19A? NS 8439 ex Conrail leading.

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

Scott, do u know what are all the slow orders between Fort Wayne and Lima? Also, between Lima and Bucyrus? I'm talking slow orders that can be fixed and increase speeds to 25 mph. Not anything that would be permanent slow order. Like I figured G&W/CF&E would fix the one here in VW and west of town. :? Unless they're waiting to see if someone steps in to pay for the upgrade.

So, another possible 19A or something went WB this morning. Missed that one.

Like your vid of the NS OCS. I had to watch the whole vid! Love seeing that that OCS.

PW

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

BNSF8000, I'm not 100% sure of all the slow order. I know the Van Wert slow order is specifically Washington St. There was one west of town but that is clear. Last I knew there was one between Delphos and VW Terminal but I'm not sure of the length. They did 10 by me when I filmed them in MP. I figure any(if) between VW and FTW are crossings only since they require more. I believe track work is done in that area for now.

As far as Van Wert goes what I've heard is they don't want to fix Washington until the town lets them reduce the # of grade crossings.

Also did you happen to notice when they removed all the classic "no left/right turn" flashers?

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

Yes, I knew they took down all classic turn signals. I'm pretty sure we got one for the VW County Historical Society. We could have had more than 1 if we wanted. Can't off hand tell you when they took them down. It's only so many months back.

Yea, I knew G&W/CF&E wants some crossing closures before they will do much of anything else. I'm sure Anderson Ave. is one unless they aren't even going to count that one. The city really didn't maintain Anderson west of the tracks anyhow. I heard 3 or 4 crossing closures is around what they want. We're being held hostage. But, that's any RR new tactic. I had heard the slow order was around Jefferson/Washington and that the track is out of gauge. The thing about those 2 crossings is the super elevation of the curve makes it next to impossible to get the crossings just like they really want them. One rail higher than the other makes it a challenge I'm told. With the truck traffic on Washington/US 127 that crossing is only gonna be good for little while anyhow.

PW

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

Tuesday there was an empty rail train through Van Wert in the morning with CSX power. During the day the LIVW was in VW with CFE 3886/3882 doing the honors. They went lite to CSP. Don't know what cars they came into town with. Plus, right around 12 midnight the FWLI went through. Guessing it was that by time. During the early morning hours heard another train go through. Plus, around 7:30am today there was a grain train? going through. At least what I saw were grain cars. Didn't see power but sounded like GE power.

PW

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

The power for this mornings train was CSX 8196 boxcar logo SD40-2, ex Conrail C40-8W, CF&E 3886/3882. I wasn't able to watch the entire train but there was a few Omnisource gons up front so must have been a LIFW

railcarman
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by railcarman »

"Trains Never Run on Thanksgiving"

Not this year!

Woke up to a WB CSX Grain thru VW at 4:20 AM

WB Manifest, with a NS unit in the lead, and TWO BNSF trailing just rolled past at 9:55 AM. Another very long train.

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

Happy Thanksgiving! Trains do run on the CF&E on Thanksgiving! Yes, WB at 9:55AM NS run through train With NS OLS 9254/BNSF 5814/BNSF 4946 leading with 121 cars through Van Wert. Nice mixed freight. Had 38 gons upfront: GRW, CR NW; 1 empty coil car, 5 more gons, 19 grain cars: BNSF, SOO, DME, NS; 6 ADM tank cars, 9 plastics hoppers , 16 box cars: BNSF TBOX, ABOX, 7 empty centerbeams, 19 more tank cars: TILX, TCBX, CBTX, GATX and XTRX and 1 loaded bulkhead flat.

There are 10 grain cars at the Scott equity and 1 covered hopper a limestone product for CSP.

Thanks, alittlevanwerty for correcting me on the LIFW: not a grain train. But, the railcarman :wink: caught the grain train today. Nice to see you aboard.

PW

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Filming an awesome NS westbound at Nevada as I type. NS 7581 leading BNSF 8052, BNSF 1592 (SD40-2) and BNSF 1405 cascade green triclops. Mixed freight

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

alittlevanwerty wrote:Filming an awesome NS westbound at Nevada as I type. NS 7581 leading BNSF 8052, BNSF 1592 (SD40-2) and BNSF 1405 cascade green triclops. Mixed freight
19A.
Bottom text.

howeld
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by howeld »

Why couldn't this have run a few hours earlier when I was up in Lima?

Been striking out. Keep the heads up coming!

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Y@ wrote:
alittlevanwerty wrote:Filming an awesome NS westbound at Nevada as I type. NS 7581 leading BNSF 8052, BNSF 1592 (SD40-2) and BNSF 1405 cascade green triclops. Mixed freight
19A.
Correct, didnt know it til I heard him call Upper Sandusky.

dmitzel
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by dmitzel »

Let us know when you get it uploaded on YouTube - nice to see traffic picking up on the old PRR Ft. Wayne line.
D.M. Mitzel
Div. 8-NCR-NMRA
Oxford, Mich.

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

12/1/14. EB FWLI at 1:12PM through Van Wert. In charge were CFE 3886/3882 with a 66 car train. Train consisted of 13 covered hoppers: FMLX, CRDX, CP, SOO and CITX; 33 box cars: COER, GMRC, MEC, FBOX, YKR and CRLE; 7 loaded steel flats/bulkheads: LRS, TTPX and TTJX; 6 high sided gon scraps MLMX; 3 tank cars: UTLXand 2 others; 2 plastics hoppers NCIX; 1 IHB coil car and 1 gon bringing up the end.

Were 10 grain hoppers at the Scott Equity and 1 load for CSP down by the elevator. At last check there were 6-8 covered hoppers at the Van Wert Terminal for transload. Plus, there are 5 propane tank cars as of this morning ready to be transloaded just north of Bonnewitz Ave. There are/were several propane tank cars north of there behind the wastewater treatment plant and the city dump.

PW

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

19A through Van Wert at 7:45 am, NS dash 9 leading 2 other NS GEs and a UP dash 8.

EDIT train tied down at liberty union rd, crew called cfe 11 so possibly a LIFW with borrowed grain train power.

EDIT #2 as of 10:35 am train still tied down at Liberty Union, all BNGX/CYSX covered hoppers.