Everything/Anything CF&E thread...Part 3

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
JoJames
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Everything/Anything CF&E thread...Part 3

Unread post by JoJames »

alittlevanwerty wrote:
AARR wrote:I don't do Facebook.

It looks like the Kirby elevator spur lead is long enough but the tail is very short. Do they still ship by rail?
Kirby usually has a few cars on their spur.
Delong grain out of Wisconsin owns elevator at Kirby and receives speciality soybeans with most of these being shipped overseas in shipping containers to Asia.

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bnsf8000 »

I think another NS WB freight was through Van Wert around 3PM. Only saw last part of train from a distance. Had a lot of tank cars, saw a 60' or so box car bulkhead flats and gons loaded. None of it looked like the LIFW traffic. Did anybody see the whole train and what train was it? Also, while it was going through VW the LIVW was in town working. It left town EB awhile later. What was the mysterious train?

PW

bdconrail29
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bdconrail29 »

bnsf8000 wrote:I think another NS WB freight was through Van Wert around 3PM. Only saw last part of train from a distance. Had a lot of tank cars, saw a 60' or so box car bulkhead flats and gons loaded. None of it looked like the LIFW traffic. Did anybody see the whole train and what train was it? Also, while it was going through VW the LIVW was in town working. It left town EB awhile later. What was the mysterious train?

PW
Freight train you describe sounds like another Proviso train for Chicago, probably 19A.
Brett

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

[quote="bdconrail29"

Freight train you describe sounds like another Proviso train for Chicago, probably 19A.[/quote]
19A goes to Clearing (BRC). The one time I saw the train it had literally everything under the sun but mostly BNSF and SOO/CP cars and not a lot of UP stuff.

bdconrail29
Railroadfan...fan

What's the Proviso one now?
Brett

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by alittlevanwerty »

A guy on fb saw it pass P&G but he was busy switching so he couldn't write down the locomotive numbers but said it was a pair of BNSF.

bdconrail29
Railroadfan...fan

Ok, Clearing would make more sense then .
Brett

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

bdconrail29 wrote:What's the Proviso one now?
I think 31E goes to Proviso.

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

WB grain train through Van Wert at 9:45PM. Leading were CSX 410/144 hauling a 90 car unit grain train. All CSX grain hoppers.

WB LIFW at 11:30PM through Van Wert. Leading were CFE 3882/CORP 4024 hauling a whopping 3 cars. A CP grain hopper, UP empty centerbeam and a ACFX tank car.

PW

jhnmummert
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by jhnmummert »

I saw the train heading into Van Wert about 3 p.m. It was headed by a NS unit with two BN trailing. Train was a mixed freight with tank cars on the end. I was with my son and two grandchildren so no chance to get a closer look. :)

bdconrail29
Railroadfan...fan

I saw a 58V grainier come down the Scioto Line and turn east at Colsan. The units ran around the train at East Colsan, then the train went west on the Pennsy.
Brett

railohio
Photographer of Wires in America by Rail of Ohio & Wisconsin

Unread post by railohio »

Rumor has a 19A out near Crestline this morning running on the CF&E to Fort Wayne today.
"I shot the freight train / But I did not shoot the fantrip"

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

12/19/14. Another NS WB through Van Wert around 6:20PM. Leading were NS 7676/9057/9747 with 85 cars. Train had several 2 bay covered hoppers among them NW and CR, box cars, several MTY TTX 85'-89' flats, assortment of grain hoppers, several pressurized covered hoppers and several tank cars, and 4-5 Reading & Blue Mountain coal hoppers.

Thanks for the headsup from early this afternoon railohio! Actually, caught it by chance as we were leaving town.

PW

bdconrail29
Railroadfan...fan

Caught an EB CSX grain train at Upper Sandusky today at 4 PM.
Brett

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

bnsf8000 wrote:Leading were NS 7676/9057/9747 with 85 cars. Train had several 2 bay covered hoppers among them NW and CR, box cars, several MTY TTX 85'-89' flats, assortment of grain hoppers, several pressurized covered hoppers and several tank cars, and 4-5 Reading & Blue Mountain coal hoppers.
I think it's cool how you get all this info from a moving train. The R&BM originates a rare type of coal. I forget the type or what it's used for (and I'm not going to Google it now). Last I read R&BM loads about 6,000 cars a year or so. Much of that is loaded at transload sites.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

h2466
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by h2466 »

I think it's cool how you get all this info from a moving train. The R&BM originates a rare type of coal. I forget the type or what it's used for (and I'm not going to Google it now). Last I read R&BM loads about 6,000 cars a year or so. Much of that is loaded at transload sites.
I'm thinking it would be anthracite coal. Ken 8)
Last edited by h2466 on Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

h2466
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by h2466 »

bdconrail29 wrote:Caught an EB CSX grain train at Upper Sandusky today at 4 PM.
Must of been the one I saw parked in Van Wert this morning. Ken 8)

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

WL&E empty rail train sitting in Lima WB in the siding behind KFC on the CF&E. Had WLE 6357 gray unit with normal BC Rail/PGE rail cars. Always like seeing those rail cars. 8)

I saw that CSX grain train in Van Wert after it recrewed out at Richey Road and headed through VW. Looked like the same one that went WB earlier in the week.

PW

bdconrail29
Railroadfan...fan

It inspired me to get out my old amtrak, PAG, and roadrailer photos from the early to mid-90's. :)
Brett

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

That empty WLE welded rail train WB through Van Wert around 2:20PM from Lima. Leading was WLE 6357 with 27 cars. 1 buffer car WE 5828-cylindrical covered hopper and the 26 car welded rail train. 8)

PW