TLEW News?

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
BnOEngr
Captain Obvious

Re: TLEW News?

Unread post by BnOEngr »

Old Hogger wrote: If excursion trains are ever going to run again, it will be through the hard work of the Midwest people.
So just those 4 people who make up Midwest Rail are the ones who did all the hard work up to this point? The Do-dahs were supposed to be "volunteer members" of TLE&W. Are you saying that they actually were Midwest free slave labor (as previously mentioned) and were not actually loyal to the Museum?
Not that obvious

BnOEngr
Captain Obvious

Unread post by BnOEngr »

TLEW1 wrote: weed control by spraying a illegal mix of weed killer, chopping trees along the right of way with a large motorized spinning chopper leaving the debris on private property for the property owners to clean up along with damaging vehicles and buildings from flying tree branches, dug a hole installed a pipe and improperly filled it with dirt and called the culvert fixed and then never finished it.
But don't you understand that is progress?
We as you call us the Do-Dah-Crew were mislead and lied to and taken advantage of also with our countless hours of free labor and funds out of many of our own pockets thinking we were helping the museum only to see Midwest profit from and operate the museums 5109 only on days to show off for Midwest friends and abusing our vintage engine by over working it to make them money and not paying the museum any money in almost 2 years for anything. After telling us members of the Do-Dah-Crew we were no longer needed by Midwest, The Facebook-Friends of the TLEW that was run by Midwest Rail was taken down-that is why you no longer see it on line! We the museum volunteers performed the free work, Midwest took all the credit and money!
Old Hogger says you didn't do any of that! Midwest people did all the work!!
Not that obvious

bluestreak81
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bluestreak81 »

Why did the museum originally sign a lease with Midwest? What were the benefits of this agreement? When does the lease expire?

I, as well as others I'm sure, were probably thrilled to see the progress that Midwest had made or had announced online (via facebook) that they had made to the line. It seemed amazing how much was done so quickly. But based on recent posts, it would seem that the progress made was not in the best interest of the museum or the future of passenger rail, but to land a revenue deal with the elevator in Providence Twp. As an original supporter of the Midwest progress, I see the truth now. If at least some of the revenue made from the car storage had been used to pay the museum for leasing the line, I could see some good faith on Midwest's part. But it doesn't appear the museum has received a penny yet from the lease to Midwest. I almost started to turn against the museum for not supporting the progress that was being made to the line under the Midwest lease. I am sure there's more information that can't be shared online from either side, but sometimes if something seems too good to be true, then it probably is. I think everyone reading these posts wants nothing more than for the line to be in good condition and for passenger rail to resume. The robbery back in 2011 seemed like things would never get better, but there's so much support and I see it coming back. I believe supporting the museum is the only way to see this thru.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

The amount of butthurt on this thread has exceeded the daily recommended intake. This thread sucks, locking, thank you, drive thru. Maybe we'll reopen later like we did before.

Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com