Everything/Anything CF&E thread...Part 2

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Everything/Anything CF&E thread...Part 2

Unread post by alittlevanwerty »

I am told that they are ballast hoppers and the grain load is heading to IORY.

Saw the power heading back west light around 630 while passing down Elida Rd.

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bnsf8000 »

Yes, NREX 5597 has been through the Van Wert area quite a few times before. It's been awhile though. Nice to see it through here again. Those hoppers must be used for some of the ballast. Been seeing them EB/WB through VW on a somewhat regular basis lately. :? Looks like this was a LIFW on return from Fort Wayne. Just heavy on Bunge traffic. Sometimes the LIFW back from the Fort is all Bunge traffic. It's some of CF&E's bread & butter. Thanks for the videos.

PW

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Last video from yesterday

A person in the know commented on the first video from yesterday.

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

LIVW currently in VW with 6415 leading. I caught it in Middle Point and again in Van Wert by the town creek bridge. I have 8 other videos uploading right now so its not gonna be up til sometime tomorrow.

Also while railfaning Lima today I caught CFE 3882 and 3886 pulling yesterdays cut of Bunge hoppers and ballast hoppers into the I&O yard sometime around noon. 5002 took them south around 245 but I ran out of filming time. They had 4071 and 9400 at the I&O and I was sure hoping they would use that power.

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

The LIFW just went through Van Wert at around 10:15PM. I think we may have the LIVW and LIFW in town at the same time. Been awhile for that. Nice pics on the LIVW with SCRF 6415. Hopefully you got the LIFW too. :D

PW

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by midland sub »

NREX 5597 came to the I&O/CFE back in the summer of 2005. It floated back and forth between working on the CFE-I&O for a couple of years before staying on the CFE. Was in storage in Cincy for six or seven months before going back to the CFE a couple of years ago. I believe it usually works the Fort Wayne-Chicago turn. Former CP 5597.

I'm checking on those HMJX open hoppers you keep seeing. Pretty certain they are going to the CIND for work at the DJJX repair contractor.

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

A CF&E employee told me a few days ago they are for ballast.

Still waiting for the LIVW vids to upload :cry:

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Those hoppers are either being used for ballast work or a move of some pig iron from Illinois to Delta.

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

I wonder if the gondola on the end of LIVW is for the old ties from the MOW work down by the Scott Equity? The gon is sitting down north of Center St. I saw it from Main St. :?

PW

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

Unread post by Mr. Tops »

THANKYOU! I've been waiting to see videos of SCRF 6415 leading, with that mean looking RS5T horn on top. Sounds good, but not as mean as it looks. :P

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

It's the contractor's job that does the work to pick up the old ties from the right of way.

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

8/1/12. WB LIFW at 10:01PM. Leading and running solo was CFE 3882 with 45 cars. Train consisted of 33 covered hoppers: AEX, BNGX, CSYX, MWCX, FMLX among others, 4 tank cars, 3 coil cars: 2 NOKL, 2 CN box cars, 2 loaded gons and 1 MTY steel flat.

PW

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

8/3/12. WB LIFW on the eastside of Delphos at around 10PM. Leading were CFE 3882/3886 and around 70-75 cars. Train had quite a few grain hoppers for Bunge, several box cars including many TTX, several MTY steel flats and MTY bulkheads and other freight cars per the LIFW turn.

Also, saw the 5002 at the I&O yard office and across the street the 9400/I&O 4071 sitting all alone at the south end of the yard by the crossing.

PW

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

CF&E ran a LIVW today. Don't know if they brought anything to VW terminal or CSP, appear to have brought 4 empties to Scott Equity. Pulled 3 empties from CSP and the scrap tie gon.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Mr. Tops wrote:THANKYOU! I've been waiting to see videos of SCRF 6415 leading, with that mean looking RS5T horn on top. Sounds good, but not as mean as it looks. :P
I normally cannot tell one horn from another but the one on 6415 is very distinctive in a whimpty sort of way :)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

Some more good video of the SCRF 6415 and the LIVW to boot. My friend Bill saw the truck they brought in to pick up the scrap rail. Said they were already loaded when he saw the truck. He was going down to get film pictures of the gondola. He's old school. The gon was RSS reporting marks, Rockdale, Sandow & Southern. I've saw the RSS before but didn't know what it stood for. Other gons on the CF&E and Class 1's around here have the RSS gons on them. I like the rockin' & rollin' from the track around Middle Point. Nice catch!

PW

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

I saw the trucked parked at a distance. We thought we heard the train while it was in town so we went looking. Saw the four grain hoppers that hadn't been there but the gon was still by Eisenhauer so figured they came Sat and we were hearing things.