DT&I 1979 into GTW......

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Re: DT&I 1979 into GTW......

Unread post by midland sub »

Some final notes...

Had an interesting discussion with a friend last night. GTW granted CSX trackage rights between Fayne and Jeffersonville from June to Nov 1990. This was while the WESTCO port authority and GTW finalized the sale of the line. At the time Central Soya owned the Jeffersonville grain elevator and the grain traffic was moving via CSX and Fayne. This saved GTW from sending a crew out of Springfield for just the grain traffic @ Jeffersonville. Instead one of the Wash CH based CSX dist jobs worked the line.

WESTCO purchased the line in Nov 1990 and the I&O becomes the designated operator. With just Central Soya @ Jeffersonville and a small Mid-Ohio fertilizer dealer next to it, the I&O based their locomotives and crew out of a small trailer on the old McDonald & Sons grain elevator spur about a line north of Fayne. The I&O made their first run north to Springfield in May of 1992 to retrieve former DT&I caboose #116. A couple of weeks later they make another run north to pick up 20 86 ft boxcars purchased from CN and CSX. The cars will end up being sent to the Logan Sub for use on the Anchor Shuttle. They are stored at South Chuck on the old DT&I-PRR interchange track for a couple of months before heading to Logan. At the same time the large Clark Landmark (Trupointe) grain operation in South Chuck is still shipping unit grain trains via Conrail on the stub of the old PRR C&X main out of London. Conrail not wanting the grain traffic filed to abandon the line into South Chuck in 1993 with a deal between WESTCO-Clark Landmark to buy 2 miles of the old PRR main and for them to rebuild the southeast and northeast interchange tracks to the DT&I for the I&O to access the line. Once the former PRR tracks are rebuilt in late 1993 the I&O begins serving Clark Landmark and the grain traffic really picks up for the line. January 1994 the I&O takes over the former NYC lines around Springfield ans even more grain traffic begins moving via the old DT&I to Fayne.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

IIRC the elevator in Jeffersonville does not ship out anymore but instead receives a little bit of wheat now and then (if they still receive at all b/c they have another location on IORY they prefer to receive at)???
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

AARR wrote:IIRC the elevator in Jeffersonville does not ship out anymore but instead receives a little bit of wheat now and then (if they still receive at all b/c they have another location on IORY they prefer to receive at)???
Yes the Keynes Mill in Logan Ohio. The wheat is shipped from Metamora
Exit stage left