Rj Corman Western Ohio Lines ST Marys, SPEG, Greenville

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Rj Corman st marys to coldwater

Unread post by AARR »

alittlevanwerty wrote:Caught 1731 in Lima today.
9 cars, I think that's the biggeswt RJC train I have seen yet :)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by alittlevanwerty »

10's the biggest I've seen, except when they run a grain train to Elgin on the fore EL line. Those run out and back with CSX power and Corman's locos spot it at the elevator.

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

I think this is my best RJC catch so far!
I'm just gonna be lazy and past my vid description instead of retyping it with slightly different wording.

Well I was in Celina and could see Corman had a train ot on the line. I circled the block a few times till they started their run heading east. I got a few miles ahead of them and went to one of my favorite locations, the wye in St Marys Ohio. Luck was on my side, there was a MofW gang on the siding waiting for the train to pass. Even better were the 2 RJCC lettered scrap gons on the track to Minster. I've seen them before but not hitched to the train. The are used by Precision Strip in Minster Ohio. I wish I had caught them bringing them up the Minster line though. Odd that the Conrail coil car was on the main line unless they unloaded it at their distribution center.

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Well for some reason the player is faulty on this one so I working on fixing it.

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

For some reason the public veiw just doesn't seem to want to work. Here are the 2 videos unspliced.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

8 cars, a mighty big train for RJCO :lol: Do they run 5 days per week? Do any of their customers get switched every day?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Yes 5 days a week. I don't think any of their customers get switched daily. Most seem to be once or twice a week, with omnisource, RJC Dist center and the plastic company in Coldwater the busiest. They transload from boxcars to semis at the dist center, not sure what. An aunt in law worked there handling boxes off the train but I've not heard what they contained.

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

Accutech Films in Coldwater is one of two plastics plants that Corman serves on the Western Ohio Line, with the other being Versa Pak in Celina.
http://www.accutechfilms.com/
Last edited by redside20 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exit stage left

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

alittlevanwerty wrote:10's the biggest I've seen, except when they run a grain train to Elgin on the fore EL line. Those run out and back with CSX power and Corman's locos spot it at the elevator.
Didnt they abandone that?
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

The line is abandoned past jones-hughes rd west of Elgin, about half a mile of storage track past the RT81 crossing. Allen and Van Wert counties own the line and probably will keep it as long as the elevator ships out grain trains. Flexible Foam Products in Spencerville gets tanks but service is very irregular. I passes there yesterday, 2 tanks at the plant but the wheels had plenty of rust so must have been there at least 3 weeks.

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

I was lucky enough to finally catch RJ Corman running on the former Erie Lackawanna mainline. I spotted them in Lima Ohio at the NS yard, hitched to grain cars and 2 tanks. I was surprised to see that they used a connection through the husky refinery to acess the Erie rather than go onto the CSX. Wish I was able to catch a vid of them slipping through the tanks and coke hoppers. Before I started filming they dropped the tanks for storage. I figured this was all a storage train but no thankfully. They pulled a few out of storage and conveyed them to Mercer Landmark in Elgin. All but 3 of the hoppers were loaded. I had hoped that they were going to switch Flexible Foam in Spencerville but nope. The 2 white tanks have have been there for months and I don't think rail is used much anymore. F/F and ML are this lines only customers :( this was one a double tracked mainline.

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Here are 3 clips from tuesday.

The first is at the west end of the wye in St Marys.

Here the are on the west side of Buckland, I did not film in Buckland as a construction crew was running a concrete saw.

And filming in the pouring rain at Lima

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Thursday I was lucky enough to catch RJC make a run down the Minster branch and drive in Precision Strip.

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

All the power on the today. Anyone know where the tanks were going? Never saw tanks ran on this line before.

howeld
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by howeld »

Tanks go to Mercer Landmak facility south of Coldwater.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I enjoy following the daily operations! Thanks :)