New CSX Oil Trains in Central Ohio

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
strugglin
Railroadfan...fan

Re: New CSX Oil Trains in Central Ohio

Unread post by strugglin »

I haven't seen any oil trains the last week or so, but I do know that a K080-23 ran via the C&O sometime over the weekend, had an NS/Fakebonnet/Pumpkin lashup on it.

strugglin
Railroadfan...fan

strugglin wrote:I haven't seen any oil trains the last week or so, but I do know that a K080-23 ran via the C&O sometime over the weekend, had an NS/Fakebonnet/Pumpkin lashup on it.
This same lashup is now leading the empties back west as K081-27, departed Yorktown, VA early on Monday. Ohiorailfan saw the train come into Parsons Yard here in Columbus this morning around 9am, so it might be near the Chicago area now.

JoJames
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by JoJames »

strugglin wrote:
strugglin wrote:I haven't seen any oil trains the last week or so, but I do know that a K080-23 ran via the C&O sometime over the weekend, had an NS/Fakebonnet/Pumpkin lashup on it.
This same lashup is now leading the empties back west as K081-27, departed Yorktown, VA early on Monday. Ohiorailfan saw the train come into Parsons Yard here in Columbus this morning around 9am, so it might be near the Chicago area now.
By Holgate Ohio 08:10 January 29

strugglin
Railroadfan...fan

There was another K030/080? on the Scottslawn Secondary last night, it was waiting alongside I-670 in Grandview for clearence through Scioto at 9pm. Power appeared to be CSX x 2 on it.

strugglin
Railroadfan...fan

K080-09 is on the move, eastbound past Hamler, OH 12:15pm, lashup is NS 8111, CP 8796, BNSF 7318. Not sure if its running via the Scottslawn or the C&O to Columbus, I'll be on the lookout here in the next few hours and will post pics if I see it.

strugglin
Railroadfan...fan

I caught a K081 heading west up the Scottslawn Secondary behind my place last night around 8:30pm, had a BNSF H2 & H1 lashup on it. Not sure if these trains are running on the C&O anymore or not, the last few I have seen in Columbus have all been on the Scottslawn, which makes sense for CSX to use this routing coming from Chicago, as long as traffic on the Toledo Branch is light north of Ridgeway. Unless this train was returning west via the Indy Line to St. Louis, in which case it would have to run via the Scottslawn Secondary.

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

strugglin wrote:I caught a K081 heading west up the Scottslawn Secondary behind my place last night around 8:30pm, had a BNSF H2 & H1 lashup on it. Not sure if these trains are running on the C&O anymore or not, the last few I have seen in Columbus have all been on the Scottslawn, which makes sense for CSX to use this routing coming from Chicago, as long as traffic on the Toledo Branch is light north of Ridgeway. Unless this train was returning west via the Indy Line to St. Louis, in which case it would have to run via the Scottslawn Secondary.
Indy.

Practice Safe CSX

JoJames
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by JoJames »

K081-17 K033-18 K041-16 and K081-13 all have ran empty via the Indy line in the past 48 hours.

strugglin
Railroadfan...fan

JoJames wrote:K081-17 K033-18 K041-16 and K081-13 all have ran empty via the Indy line in the past 48 hours.
Are these all oil train symbols and not ethanol?

I saw another K081 going north up the Scottslawn Secondary by my place around 3:30pm on Sunday. Saw the tank cars and heard the horn, definately foreign power, but missed the power as I was getting on 670 heading downtown.

JoJames
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by JoJames »

strugglin wrote:
JoJames wrote:K081-17 K033-18 K041-16 and K081-13 all have ran empty via the Indy line in the past 48 hours.
Are these all oil train symbols and not ethanol?

I saw another K081 going north up the Scottslawn Secondary by my place around 3:30pm on Sunday. Saw the tank cars and heard the horn, definately foreign power, but missed the power as I was getting on 670 heading downtown.

Yes. Anything between K001 and K099 is oil related. Only the K081 would have ran the Scottslawn.

strugglin
Railroadfan...fan

A K080 was going south through Scioto in downtown Columbus just as I was going into the Blue Jackets game, I missed the power though.

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

strugglin wrote:A K080 was going south through Scioto in downtown Columbus just as I was going into the Blue Jackets game, I missed the power though.
That was K082. There was also a K084 this morning. Seems there's at least one load and one empty everyday now, with more to come.