IORY North End

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Re: IORY North End

Unread post by redside20 »

That Guy wrote:So have our "PALS" been out hyrailing?
So will there be a Detroit-Louisville-Paducah connection?.... :D :D :D :D I can see it now, overhead traffic to Paducah Kentucky. thank god for the Ohio River
Exit stage left

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by midland sub »

No not by any stretch.....

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by heartlandguy »

I&O light engines south by Columbus Grove @ 2:40pm. OC 4028, HLCX 8140, and CIND 2002, one of the orange gensets. Look out if they run a Northstar extra tomorrow, as the genset is facing north...
"Alright, uh, get to a stop here and we'll order you a party bus for Lima" -12/30/16

"He ain't one of them terrorists, is he?" "Nah, just some paparazzi. We never get them out here!" -03/12/19

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by alittlevanwerty »

LNL built and almost ready to go. Very good size train considering they have no ore gons in the consist. HLCX 8140 will lead north, OHCR 4028 south.

CG Tower
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CG Tower »

Ore gons?
alittlevanwerty wrote:LNL built and almost ready to go. Very good size train considering they have no ore gons in the consist. HLCX 8140 will lead north, OHCR 4028 south.
-You are speaking in nonsense. This troubles me.

See all of my photos at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cgtower/

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

CG Tower wrote:Ore gons?
alittlevanwerty wrote:LNL built and almost ready to go. Very good size train considering they have no ore gons in the consist. HLCX 8140 will lead north, OHCR 4028 south.
Did you mean pig iron gondola's?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Indeed he meant the gons used for pig iron. I&O struggling mightily in Cincy getting anything moved with any sort of regularity. They are talking about bringing back the old 204/209 which would be a solid pig iron train three days a week. I don't think logistics are in place to pull that off i.e. another set off power, but possible next year.

Track equipment set to begin work on the old Brookville line to the new wheat mill. A good chunk of wheat is supposed to come via CN and Flat Rock.

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

midland sub wrote:Indeed he meant the gons used for pig iron. I&O struggling mightily in Cincy getting anything moved with any sort of regularity. They are talking about bringing back the old 204/209 which would be a solid pig iron train three days a week. I don't think logistics are in place to pull that off i.e. another set off power, but possible next year.

Track equipment set to begin work on the old Brookville line to the new wheat mill. A good chunk of wheat is supposed to come via CN and Flat Rock.
More leasers? Vaguely remember those 204/209 trains, but it would be cool to see them back. Also good to hear about the wheat traffic...

I wondered if something was up down towards Cincy on the I&O, as their whole operating pattern seems to have shifted recently. LNL's running during the day, random pig iron runs, etc. Power has been swapped around a lot as well, the current sets are 5678/8161 and the 4028/8140, but its changed so much in the last week that I've lost track.
"Alright, uh, get to a stop here and we'll order you a party bus for Lima" -12/30/16

"He ain't one of them terrorists, is he?" "Nah, just some paparazzi. We never get them out here!" -03/12/19

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

LNL is now regular daylight run.
Bottom text.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

NS has a couple track projects for the Dayton Dist over the next month so I don't know if that also played into the decision.

Very power short at the moment. 9500 is dead and on the way to the OC and Morgan Run for repairs. It's on a loaded 80 car stone train for the Logan Sub. Hopefully CSX pulls it off in Parsons for the OC to pick up Tuesday. HLCX 6227 is the other new Helm turd they've using on the Logan stone trains. Its got some sort of air problem so it got pulled off and swapped with 4084. 4070-4084 will be gone for figure a week on the stone train. Before 9500 crapped out and 6227's air problems, they figured they are around 4 six axles and two four axles short of power for what they need. Loaded grain train has been sitting at Trupointe in South Chuck since Wednesday...,

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

So here's a new one for you guys...

Was in Lima this morning for a doc. appointment, and went the back way home past Ford Park Yard. I&O 5013 was sitting on the south leg of the wye with a cut of covered hopper. Nothing new there. But, sitting on the fuel pad was a surprising pair of freshly painted NS EMDs. Don't have the numbers off hand, but the 1st unit was an OLS GP38-2, followed by one of the ex-Helm SD40-2s (3400-series).

No clue why or how these got here, any thoughts?

looshi
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by looshi »

They are probably the locomotives scheduled to be used for the excursion on Sunday. These trips are being run by the Allen County Historical Society in partnership with Cincinnati Railway (http://allencountymuseum.org/ACM2/Ridin_the_Rails.html). Last I heard the plan was to lease a couple locomotives from NS rather than ship a CNRY locomotive up and back.

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by alittlevanwerty »

A chase from July, finally got it uploaded today. 6637 leads 8161/8140

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

LNL currently working SteelTec on the loop in Ottawa. OHCR 4028 on point for today's run south

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

alittlevanwerty wrote:A chase from July, finally got it uploaded today. 6637 leads 8161/8140
Always enjoy your video's, vanwerty. Thanks for posting.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

What's the schedule like these days for the 400/401 Flat Rock turn jobs? Are they still Tues/Thurs or more/less often? Daylight or under cover of darkness? I've been out of the loop for a long time~!

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

GP30M4216 wrote:What's the schedule like these days for the 400/401 Flat Rock turn jobs? Are they still Tues/Thurs or more/less often? Daylight or under cover of darkness? I've been out of the loop for a long time~!
Y@ will know the schedule but IIRC the Delta switcher still pretty much operates as it always has on duty around 6am going to Flat Rock 3x per week or so. The big change is the LNL runs days now rather than nights.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

400/401 have been gone for a few years now. Delta job works 5-6 days a week and goes to Flat Rock 3-4 times. They're OD sometime before sunrise. LNL is an 0800 call now AFAIK and the XLNL's still run randomly. Grain trains for Metamora are sporadic but should be getting a little more regular soon now that harvest is here.
Bottom text.

mutant of Flat Rock
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by mutant of Flat Rock »

Maybe this should be in the Michigan Forum??...but it is the north end of the Indiana and Ohio afterall....My son and I caught an I&O drilling the Flat Rock yard yesterday (10-22-2014) with the 5678 (old CP rail). What a neat old crusty well worn locomotive with that single rear light. The train was doubling up a couple tracks in the yard and blocked the crossing for a bit much to our delight. Lots of loaded scrap gons, loaded lumber centerbeams, plastics covered hoppers, and some boxcars thrown in for good measure. Lighting was almost in line with the mainline to the southwest so forgive my camera positioning. I still need to stitch together the videos and will post on the utoob later tonight hopefully...Shawnmutant is my handle there. I am happy to have caught this move as they are somewhat elusive up this way.

Cheers
Shawn

PS I hope this attachment business works...
Attachments
20141022_165811.jpg
20141022_164645.jpg
Be swell