Everything/Anything CF&E thread...Part 3

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Everything/Anything CF&E thread...Part 3

Unread post by bnsf8000 »

Pretty much agree with you midland. The MOW is just work they have been doing as in past years including the last few with RailAmerica. Heck, the line needs some TLC. I wish they would get rid of the slow order in Van Wert. I've heard NS may run on the CF&E again using their trackage rights and I've also heard it may not happen. I thought it was 6 trains west of Bucyrus and 8 trains east of Bucyrus to Crestline from the merger. Not that it really matters. It will be interesting to see if the old Pennsy gets some more trains eventually with the crude oil boom and such. Lot of rumors out there about CFE, I&O and even CIND. All over the states as well. Let's just leave it all as rumors for now. We all know how rumors can go.

PW

CG Tower
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CG Tower »

Currently, they are only working between GAM (Proctor and Gamble plant) and Lima. I saw no signs of work east of Proctor and Gamble. This makes sense considering the traffic generated there...
alittlevanwerty wrote: Widespread MofW project going on the entire length of the line.
-You are speaking in nonsense. This troubles me.

See all of my photos at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cgtower/

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by alittlevanwerty »

CG Tower wrote:Currently, they are only working between GAM (Proctor and Gamble plant) and Lima. I saw no signs of work east of Proctor and Gamble. This makes sense considering the traffic generated there...
alittlevanwerty wrote: Widespread MofW project going on the entire length of the line.
I heard they were laying out ties much farther east but haven't seen for myself.

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Good size LIFW with 3024/4036 tied down at Gilliland rd east of Van Wert. Crew brought it through Van Wert about 7:20am.

jhnmummert
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by jhnmummert »

There has been track work done in Lafayette extending west. New ties along the track are gone and old ones are in their place. Many buckets of spikes and plates are empty just east of the crossing in downtown Lafayette. I would be glad for more information. Thanks.

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

A friend told me the NS geometry train ran the CF&E today. Did anybody happen to catch it?

60Tonner
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by 60Tonner »

Yep I did.

60Tonner

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bnsf8000 »

Yes, Scott NS did run an inspection train a NS 6 axle leading, then a CP 6 axle, then a couple of geometry cars. One looks like a cut down NS 4 axle engine. Friend got a photo on his phone of it near Van Wert. I saw the picture. NS is definitely at least looking at the CF&E. Friend also said previously that NS hirailed several times. Things are starting to look interesting. Also, heard rumor of NS coal trains maybe sometime next month. Let's hope at least something happens. :D

PW

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by midland sub »

Bulk trains should start moving on the CFE from NS very soon. Slow stuff that just jams up NS mains, so this should actually speed up their movement. Same thing as NS returning coal trains to the OC from Columbus to Mingo. Nothing daily per say I heard. Some days none, some days a couple. Might happen quickly and then just as quickly disappear.

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

I heard that a NS W1E was sighted on the CF&E this morning passing wb west of Bucyrus, NS 1050 leading. This is likely the first run through train.

ns8401
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ns8401 »

bnsf8000 wrote:Yes, Scott NS did run an inspection train a NS 6 axle leading, then a CP 6 axle, then a couple of geometry cars. One looks like a cut down NS 4 axle engine. Friend got a photo on his phone of it near Van Wert. I saw the picture. NS is definitely at least looking at the CF&E. Friend also said previously that NS hirailed several times. Things are starting to look interesting. Also, heard rumor of NS coal trains maybe sometime next month. Let's hope at least something happens. :D

PW
It was an SD35 originally rebuilt to a track test unit.
Celebrating Over 3800 Posts in HD
This updated Signature Brought To YOU By The One The Only MQT3001!
NS8401, Online, At Trackside And On Your Side

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

CF&E GP40-2 3042 was spotted at BRC's Clearing yard this morning, looked like very fresh paint. New unit?
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by heartlandguy »

SD80MAC wrote:CF&E GP40-2 3042 was spotted at BRC's Clearing yard this morning, looked like very fresh paint. New unit?
Repainted from CORP 4023
"Alright, uh, get to a stop here and we'll order you a party bus for Lima" -12/30/16

"He ain't one of them terrorists, is he?" "Nah, just some paparazzi. We never get them out here!" -03/12/19

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Unread post by MagnumForce »

It's around Kirk now, I am going for it.

ssnk79
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ssnk79 »

67w, isn't that an empty oil/ ethanol train?
CSX_CO: 10 minutes, keep hoping the yard blows up and I won't have to go in tonight.

CSX_CO: Hump Hump Hump all night long, hump all night while I sing this song. See those cars, going to make them fly, sure hope the double o' eight is on time

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by heartlandguy »

ssnk79 wrote:67w, isn't that an empty oil/ ethanol train?
Yes, empty oil I believe. Assuming in Brent's post above that 'Kirk' means Dunkirk, the train should be getting close to the Lima area soon.
"Alright, uh, get to a stop here and we'll order you a party bus for Lima" -12/30/16

"He ain't one of them terrorists, is he?" "Nah, just some paparazzi. We never get them out here!" -03/12/19

MagnumForce
Angry Man

In Lima now, no warrant west yet

ssnk79
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ssnk79 »

better head east
CSX_CO: 10 minutes, keep hoping the yard blows up and I won't have to go in tonight.

CSX_CO: Hump Hump Hump all night long, hump all night while I sing this song. See those cars, going to make them fly, sure hope the double o' eight is on time

MagnumForce
Angry Man

I am already in Lima