IORY South End part 3

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Re: IORY South End part 3

Unread post by midland sub »

Mechanicsburg so far is the only place that has loaded a 90 car train. Believe they have done 2 so far. Second was the pics strugglin took a couple of Sunday's ago from Parsons with a couple of leased locos.

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

Heard IORY Y305 working around Springfield and even got permission onto the Dayton District at CP 182 to run west to go do something. Heard another I&O train trying to get back to Court House. As and for Haynes siding, I had no idea there was a siding there at first glance the first time I was ever by there.
Exit stage left

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Way back in November of 2004, CSX piled up one of the first grain trains they tried to do that long shove move on. Cars sat in the field for almost a year I think before finally getting scrapped.

redside20

midland sub wrote:Way back in November of 2004, CSX piled up one of the first grain trains they tried to do that long shove move on. Cars sat in the field for almost a year I think before finally getting scrapped.
From the looks of things, it was probably a pain in the arse to even get back there to the wreck site.
Exit stage left

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Actually it was really easy. It was up by the grade crossing in Madison Mills. Railroad St dead ends as the entrance to the field where they were laying. Actually it wasn't a shove move on that derailment. RA dispatchers in St Albans didn't tell CSX crew there was a grain train sitting there.

strugglin
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by strugglin »

Quiet day on the I&O today as I made another run south to Wash CH. A grain train was sitting on the main at Haynes, and IORY 4085 was the lone locomotive in Konrad Yard. There was also a cut of 20 tank cars and gondola cars sitting on the DT&I main west of Konrad Yard, so I doubt anything will be running from Springfield to Konrad or vice versa tonight.

redside20

Anything new down your way Midland Sub? or are things running when your not around..I found a little bit of activity down in Wilmington in a online job posting. I guess Timbertech is looking for a rail attendant.
http://www.greaterdaytonworks.com/JobSe ... rame=false
Exit stage left

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

I'm only around Wash CH maybe a couple times a week at most and never anything going on when I'm there. I know Domtar is having problems with the I&O again. They submitted a switching request on Saturday and still hadn't gotten it my Tuesday evening last I heard.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

midland sub wrote:I'm only around Wash CH maybe a couple times a week at most and never anything going on when I'm there. I know Domtar is having problems with the I&O again. They submitted a switching request on Saturday and still hadn't gotten it my Tuesday evening last I heard.
Seems like Domtar and IORY have a hot-n-cold relationship. Maybe there is not enough profit in Domtar's traffic to justify better service because at 45(?) cars a week it seems a short line would jump through hoops to serve them.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Not sure what the issue might be. There's been some issues with CSX, most of the problem is the huge delay in getting the cars moved from Cincy to Wash CH and then spotted @ Domtar.

Hey redside I caught some fascinating I&O action this afternoon in Grovetucky. Track inspector was checking out the switch into Nexeo....

redside20

Can't tell you how cool it is to have a class right next to railroad tracks as in my case in Springfield. I am always hopeful that a train or two will go by and today..two did..along with light power going west which was NS 8723. During class, an unknown short eastbound went by on the Dayton District and that was followed by the local L3A heading into the connection at CP 182 with a cut of hoppers for Lagonda. power for the local was a GP38-3
Exit stage left

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Indeed it is nice to be around some Class 1s. It's been almost 10 years to the day that the Midland went from really busy with CSX to what we now have with the I&O. Hard to believe CSX used to run Q314/315, Q266 autorack train and @365/366 everyday over the Midland. Not counting the locals out of Wash CH, grain and fertilizer traffic and a couple times a month K508 coil train. It's nice living in Circleville now, doesn't take long to hear something just about once an hour on CSX or NS. Monday night I caught 233 on NS and a westbound meeting an eastbound over on CSX at the same time.

The I&O has been moving the NOKL autoracks around. Haven't heard if they are coming out of storage or just being moved to north of West Liberty on the Urbana Sub with the ones stored there. The extra night job brought back the ones from Derby on Wednesday. I was told they have cleared most of the ones from Undercliff in Cincy.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Here's a video of the Wash CH Turn heading east up the hill @ Maderia on Friday afternoon. 4070/9400/9500/4085 and what looks to be a long heavy train with plenty of pig iron on the front. I see 4070's nose must be rusting off too since it's now been painted black like 4071.

All four locos were out at Konrad on Sunday. Lot's of ddg and Cargill hoppers waiting to go to Bloomingburg. Quite a few cars for Domtar also waiting to spotted.

The Atlas office trailer will be moved back into Wash CH sometime this spring. It's going to spotted over by the MOW storage area on Hinde St. The siding there will become the new rip track.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Thanks for posting the video, midland. Love to hear those engines working hard. A lot of people do not realize that OH is fairly hilly and even mountain like in some places. Did you happen to get a car count?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Bellevue_Guy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Bellevue_Guy »

AARR wrote: A lot of people do not realize that OH is fairly hilly and even mountain like in some places.
True, and even a lot of people in Ohio don't know it, even though about 1/3 of the state is rather hilly

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

It was probably well over 100 plus cars AARR since all 4 locos were running.

strugglin
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by strugglin »

midland sub wrote:Here's a video of the Wash CH Turn heading east up the hill @ Maderia on Friday afternoon. 4070/9400/9500/4085 and what looks to be a long heavy train with plenty of pig iron on the front. I see 4070's nose must be rusting off too since it's now been painted black like 4071.

All four locos were out at Konrad on Sunday. Lot's of ddg and Cargill hoppers waiting to go to Bloomingburg. Quite a few cars for Domtar also waiting to spotted.

The Atlas office trailer will be moved back into Wash CH sometime this spring. It's going to spotted over by the MOW storage area on Hinde St. The siding there will become the new rip track.
Midland, that could be the greatest I&O video I've ever seen, 9400 & 9500 together on the same lashup, wow!

redside20

Saw what looks to be the same cut of wheat hoppers NS brought to Warder Street Yard last week today.
Exit stage left

redside20

Went by Warder Street again today on the way to class and saw those same hoppers sitting there along with another cut with a boxcar way down on the end. While sitting in class at the Conference Center, saw L3A with NS 5038 back into the connection at CP 182 with about 20 cars of assorted stuff and go back to Warder Yard and Lagonda.
Exit stage left

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Heritage Co-op loaded another 90 car grain train this week. CSX power did not stay this time though. Here's a few pics Shawn Vermillion took yesterday of a Springfield crew bringing the train back from Mechanicsburg 45 cars at a time.

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.p ... 492&nseq=2
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.p ... 494&nseq=1
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.p ... 495&nseq=0
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dash9fan/6 ... hotostream

And a pic of his from Christmas Day in the old DT&I yard in Springfield. The Conrail in the rear of the photo finally returned to Cincy a couple of weeks ago.
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.p ... 153&nseq=3

Train went to Haynes last night with 4071 on the head end and 4070-9400-4085-4071 shoving it on the rear.