Everything/Anything CF&E thread...Part 2

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Everything/Anything CF&E thread...Part 2

Unread post by midland sub »

CFE 3316 is at Konrad this evening. Came down on the empty grain train. Depending on when tonight's Wash CH Turn gets back Thursday morning, it should be on it's way to Springfield tomorrow sometime.

CFE hirail truck was heading towards Konrad this morning. I assume it was to meet the 3316.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Konrad is the name of the small yard and crew base for the I&O just north of ash CH. It's basically where the DT&I begins as its abandoned almost entirely south of there.

Wow is 3316 bright in that G&W orange. Its waiting for the Wash Turn to get back from Cincy and then its should be on its way to Lima today.

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bnsf8000 »

2/7/13. EB FWLI through Van Wert at 4:23PM. Leading both long hood forward were MNAR 3898/CORP 4024 along with 39 cars. Train consisted of 18 covered hoppers: BNGX, AEX, CSYX, BN, FMLX, DJTX among others, 3 tank cars: 2 Bunge, 7 gons, 8 loaded steel flats and 1 IHB coil car.

PW

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by alittlevanwerty »

CFE 3316 has arrived in Lima! Thanks for the heads up Midland Sub, we followed the LSL south. The crew were talking about how nice it looks, talking about getting pictures before it gets dirty and how it has no conductor stand(?). Well we followed it back filming in Springfield, Thackery, Quincy, Jackson Center, St Johns, Uniopolis(pics only) and at Sugar St. Detailed trip report to follow...

The FWLI tonght will have the empty rail train on the rear.

Here is the grain train from yesterday...

CF&E grain train with CSX power by alittlevanwerty, on Flickr

Also saw this in the Cole St yard Saturday...

Spencerville and Elgin car, SPEG, at CF&E Lima by alittlevanwerty, on Flickr

CG Tower
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CG Tower »

What time did it arrive? Figures I was in Lima all day at work, leave at 515 and nothing was there yet...0h well.

E at CH

alittlevanwerty wrote:CFE 3316 has arrived in Lima! Thanks for the heads up Midland Sub, we followed the LSL south. The crew were talking about how nice it looks, talking about getting pictures before it gets dirty and how it has no conductor stand(?). Well we followed it back filming in Springfield, Thackery, Quinciy, Jackson Center, St Johns, Uniopolis(pics only) and at Sugar St. Detailed trip report to follow...

The FWLI tonght will have the empty rail train on the rear.

Here is the grain train from yesterday...

CF&E grain train with CSX power by alittlevanwerty, on Flickr

Also saw this in the Cole St yard Saturday...

Spencerville and Elgin car, SPEG, at CF&E Lima by alittlevanwerty, on Flickr
-You are speaking in nonsense. This troubles me.

See all of my photos at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cgtower/

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

[quote="CG Tower"]What time did it arrive? Figures I was in Lima all day at work, leave at 515 and nothing was there yet...0h well.

E at CH

It left Springfield around 3pm and got to Lima about 6:30ish, I was scaping for light by that time.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Glad you caught it coming north. :D

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Well FWLI came through VW about 9:20 but the 3316 was not on it so there is still time for people to take photos in Lima. :wink: Took video but with how much I have to upload it may not be up til sat!

A teaser to my trip report... (or go on my flickr to see the rest early)
G&W style CFE logo by alittlevanwerty, on Flickr
IORY 4071 IORY 9400 CFE 3316 by alittlevanwerty, on Flickr

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

WB FWLI at around 8:40PM had the CFE 3316 on it. Had MNAR3898 leading and CORP 4024 and CFE 3316 in G&W colors running 3rd. Looked really orange even at the US 127 crossing in Van Wert at night. Hopefully it will back through VW. Hope it doesn't go between Fort Wayne and Chicago most of the time. Anyway it has now been through VW for the 1st time. I wonder if Scott/alittlevanwerty got a vid of it. Or was he working tonight?

PW

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

bnsf8000 wrote:WB FWLI at around 8:40PM had the CFE 3316 on it. Had MNAR3898 leading and CORP 4024 and CFE 3316 in G&W colors running 3rd. Looked really orange even at the US 127 crossing in Van Wert at night. Hopefully it will back through VW. Hope it doesn't go between Fort Wayne and Chicago most of the time. Anyway it has now been through VW for the 1st time. I wonder if Scott/alittlevanwerty got a vid of it. Or was he working tonight?

PW
Gr I was working. Would have been great to get its first run on the CF&E here in VW but glad I caught it on the I&O.

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

Great job on the pics/vids of CFE 3316 on the I&O coming north on here and Flickr. You'll get your chance on the CF&E. 8) Thanks for taking the time and your effort. :D

PW

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

bnsf8000 wrote:Great job on the pics/vids of CFE 3316 on the I&O coming north on here and Flickr. You'll get your chance on the CF&E. 8) Thanks for taking the time and your effort. :D

PW
Thanks! We had an awesome chase! Trip report is now posted ( at last!)

EJ&ESDM809
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by EJ&ESDM809 »

That unit looks great! I'm hoping to shoot it leading FWCH or CHFW soon!
Robby Gragg - Proud fan of the EJ&E Railway

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Well I drove to Decatur yesterday and followed the line back to Ft Wayne. Made it just in time to follow 3880/4056 run down to the Bunge.

CF&E 3880 TP&W 4056 at Decatur Bunge by alittlevanwerty, on Flickr
Independent Locomotive at the Bunge by alittlevanwerty, on Flickr
I drove around Ft Wayne after this for a few hours and didn't catch any trains but I made sure to get a video of 4056 leading before heading back east. Also I didn't see 3316 in Ft Wayne so looks like it has already been put into service on the FWCH!

Later back in Van Wert my wife heard the FWLI coming so I ran a few blocks to get my shot. I thought it would work out better but still pretty dark. Watch to the end to see the rail crane!

The image shimmers because sony products are a bunch of junk and their features are worthless!

Also Monday about 11:30 pm they ran a CSX grain train west into Indiana and also Tuesday around the same time another CSX grain train west into Indiana. So 2 unit trains on the line right now but the first should come back east today.

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

Great vids and pics again! I really like the Decatur Branch vid and also good catch on the crane on the FWLI. That was a nice size train on the FWLI. Lots of grain cars from Bunge. Lifeblood of the line. Bunge is big business for the CF&E. Keepin' the vids/pics comin'! Hopefully, the CF&E will get some G&W paint for the FWLI fairly soon. 8)

PW

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

midland sub wrote:Konrad is the name of the small yard and crew base for the I&O just north of ash CH. It's basically where the DT&I begins as its abandoned almost entirely south of there.
Was this location ever called something else? Fayne?
Last edited by AARR on Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

Unread post by Mr. Tops »

My Sony doesn't do that. Sony is one of the better name brand for video cameras...That looks like the YouTube auto correction for camera shake...if not, then turn off your in-camera image stabilization and see if that helps, it may be over compensating, but like I said, it looks like YouTube's auto correct feature, which sucks horridly.

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Mr. Tops wrote:My Sony doesn't do that. Sony is one of the better name brand for video cameras...That looks like the YouTube auto correction for camera shake...if not, then turn off your in-camera image stabilization and see if that helps, it may be over compensating, but like I said, it looks like YouTube's auto correct feature, which sucks horridly.
I to figure it out. I am sure I didn't choose yes on the youtube auto correct. I was playing with the features in Indiana right before I started filming. I wanted to try and see if I could cut back on the glare/ reflections between the lenses and the staring it creates around the lights.

FWLI at 4:20 pm with CSX locomotives, 533/4712. I believe this is the set I saw last night.