MAW and CSX at war again

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Re: MAW and CSX at war again

Unread post by redside20 »

I like trains...... :roll: I'm also having flashbacks of Bob M. I for one would love to see the MAW do great things but the business world is a cold hearted snake and this is the reality that is the MAW and can only hope for their fortunes to change. Unless that is Wendelin dies in his sleep
Exit stage left

foamer fotaug
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by foamer fotaug »

CSX_CO wrote:Why do you care? You're not the one having to dig them out, so whats the big deal? Plenty of railroads make extra $$$ storing cars. They can make quite a bit of money to be honest. They can get a daily rate, and they get a switching charge when the customer wants their car back. MAW isn't looking to run from Fort Wayne to Defiance, so why not use that 20 some odd miles of track for something?

As far as agreements at diamonds and crossings, unless someone agrees to changes, the original agreement remains in place. Percent of responsibility may change with mergers and abandonments, but the original agreement is in place until both sides agree to changes.
What do I care? Honestly, I don't, Mr. Yardmaster Sir. I was just commenting how much of a nightmare it is to dig cars out when you have limited headroom and nowhere to run around anything. Monkey f**king a football comes to mind.

With your above mentality, when Avon is in a complete state of FUBAR, we know where to look in terms of "who was working that day". I'm guessing you spent most of your railroad career in the engineer's seat, and very little on the ground? Are you the kind of guy that liked to give switching tips to your conductor all day long? :D

And since you history foamers are all about "who came first?", I still don't see any documentation posted here that says who is responsible for what at the diamond. Take past practice or history from 60 years ago out of your mind, and let's see the agreement in writing before we jump to conclusions on how much CSXT is responsible for.
ns8401 wrote:Please don't tell me what to think first off, second please re-read what I said and recognize that I was trying to explain these agreements in general, because you dismissed this very real factor out of hand without regard for it as any more than "history, and nostalgia". That's not the way it works, the agreements matter till amended, I have not read this one so I don't know the specifics, but you were incorrect to dismiss it entirely. Lastly can you please stop acting like a know it all? You have condescended toward several of us already since you got here by saying we are narrow minded, naive etc. It's a discussion not a classroom and you aren't the teacher....
I dismissed it because your "very real factor" is ancient history, not based on anything in current politics of the industry. Your logic is like saying that because the WAB was the first railroad present, the MAW should build a tower & control the movement of trains across the diamond at FC, too. Does that mean, too, that MAW owns the land under the diamonds at FC, or did somehow CSXT just walk in & declare claim to it?

"Wait, CSXT controls this interlocking...that shouldn't be! After all, the Wabash was the first railroad there, they are king & yada-yada." I condescend towards foamers who think they know something about railroading other than taking choo-choo pichurs. Stick to your cameras.

Wendelin has no power in the diamond issue. If he wants if back, he will pay his share. Is CSXT wants to remove it for whatever reason, they should petition their case to the STB next time instead of taking it upon themselves to pull up something that would impede another carrier's traffic.
Last edited by foamer fotaug on Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

foamer fotaug wrote: What do I care? Honestly, I don't, Mr. Yardmaster Sir. I was just commenting how much of a nightmare it is to dig cars out when you have limited headroom and nowhere to run around anything. Monkey f**king a football comes to mind.

With your above mentality, when Avon is in a complete state of FUBAR, we know where to look in terms of "who was working that day". I'm guessing you spent most of your railroad career in the engineer's seat, and very little on the ground? Are you the kind of guy that liked to give switching tips to your conductor all day long? :D

And since you history foamers are all about "who came first?", I still don't see any documentation posted here that says who is responsible for what at the diamond. Take past practice or history from 60 years ago out of your mind, and let's see the agreement in writing before we jump to conclusions on how much CSXT is responsible for.
JoJames would know what the agreement is, and he's already commented. We'll leave it at that. You obviously have no clue on how the business side of the industry works.

As far as my ground career, since you've turned this personal, I've been employed for the last 11 years, a lot longer tenure then it appears you can hold a job on any given railroad. I also spent 6 years on the ground, before being promoted to Engineer. I loved working locals, switching, and even had the regular engineers on the job requesting me when their conductors took vacations. You don't know me from Adam, so you best not comment on things of a personal nature. Your opinions are quite evident on Facebook and other forums.

And, since you want to further insert your foot into your ever increasing mouth, I've been told by numerous people, in varying Union and Non-Union positions that I'm the best yardmaster Avon has seen a long long time. So, before you go opening your mouth, you better have your facts straight. I've got the admiration of my crews, because I take care of them. I have the admiration of Management, because I get results.

Practice Safe CSX

foamer fotaug
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by foamer fotaug »

CSX_CO wrote:You obviously have no clue on how the business side of the industry works.
And you do, right?
As far as my ground career, since you've turned this personal, I've been employed for the last 11 years, a lot longer tenure then it appears you can hold a job on any given railroad. I also spent 6 years on the ground, before being promoted to Engineer. I loved working locals, switching, and even had the regular engineers on the job requesting me when their conductors took vacations. You don't know me from Adam, so you best not comment on things of a personal nature. Your opinions are quite evident on Facebook and other forums.
Speaking of opinions, what is it they say about them? Truth be told, we've NEVER met one another, and like that little toad working in Cumberland, you know diddly squat about my work history outside of speculation & hearsay. Am I not able to hold a railroad job?...or have I bounced around b/c my threshold for BS is very low? In reality, you don't know the answer, so unless you want a lawsuit thrown at you (or my foot up your posterior orafice), I suggest you keep the slander to a minimum...probably even null.

You've worked for ONE carrier, and that is all you have experience with...ONE! Feel free to denouce my opinions all day long, but your opinions & so-called "facts" are worthless outside of CSXT. So spare me your almighty knowledge, I've seen guys with 20+ years that still don't know their @$$ from a hole in the ground.

FWIW, we both have the same amount of time in the industry, the difference is that some of mine was RRB-exempt.

ns8401
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ns8401 »

Foamer, it is not funny, welcome nor cool to threaten anybody on here with anything, I'm gonna go on record right now that Zack's gotta clip your wings... You've been making enemies the whole time you have been here, it's gotta stop... Threatening anyone who challenges you with a lawsuit for slander after you took it personal originally is a cowardly move. Period. Believe it.
Celebrating Over 3800 Posts in HD
This updated Signature Brought To YOU By The One The Only MQT3001!
NS8401, Online, At Trackside And On Your Side

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Couldn't have said it much better myself NS8401. I turned off foamer fotaug's account within minutes of that post....appears he's not reading my PMs to him very well, or just discarding them. Oh well, bye bye. Back onto MAW vs CSX in Defiance please.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Unread post by MagnumForce »

Can we talk about my favorite little crappy railroad again?

I want so bad to see the MAW in a good place, I sure hope some solution is found. It's fun to have such a unique operation in my backyard.

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

MagnumForce wrote:Can we talk about my favorite little crappy railroad again?

I want so bad to see the MAW in a good place, I sure hope some solution is found. It's fun to have such a unique operation in my backyard.

Same way with the IORY thread...our beloved foamer made an appearance there too
Exit stage left

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

foamer fotaug wrote:
CSX_CO wrote:You obviously have no clue on how the business side of the industry works.
And you do, right?
CSX has held various positions of higher repsonsibility and has demonstrated a command of critical thinking and communication skills. He has also shown he can view CSX from a broad perspective and understands how different departments interact with each other. So yes, CSX does understand how the business side works.

foamer fotaug wrote:In reality, you don't know the answer, so unless you want a lawsuit thrown at you (or my foot up your posterior orafice), I suggest you keep the slander to a minimum...probably even null.
Actually, Eric, we know who you are and your history. We have read your posts at other sites and have even visited your facebook. I like to read your posts as you offer some interesting insights. But, comments like the above are not what this board is about and I am afraid if you do not tone it done a notch you will be band from this board.

You have offended some people and some have offended you. Maybe you can take a deep breath ,relax, let bygones be bygones, and continue posting without insults, threats, etc. If you can then I look forward to your future contributions.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

ns8401
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ns8401 »

AARR wrote:
foamer fotaug wrote:
And you do, right?
CSX has held various positions of higher repsonsibility and has demonstrated a command of critical thinking and communication skills. He has also shown he can view CSX from a broad perspective and understands how different departments interact with each other. So yes, CSX does understand how the business side works.

foamer fotaug wrote:In reality, you don't know the answer, so unless you want a lawsuit thrown at you (or my foot up your posterior orafice), I suggest you keep the slander to a minimum...probably even null.
Actually, Eric, we know who you are and your history. We have read your posts at other sites and have even visited your facebook. I like to read your posts as you offer some interesting insights. But, comments like the above are not what this board is about and I am afraid if you do not tone it done a notch you will be band from this board.

You have offended some people and some have offended you. Maybe you can take a deep breath ,relax, let bygones be bygones, and continue posting without insults, threats, etc. If you can then I look forward to your future contributions.
See about two posts above, Don he's been 'hammered. Thanks Z for chiming in :) Now on to the MAW, it seems to me that unless the MAW want's to lost their diamond which they fought to have reinstalled in the first place they may need to meet halfway. Regarding the history rule, is it possible that CSX removed the diamond to make the MAW the junior road suddenly and force the responsibility their way? Speculation, but I'm trying to think outside ye old box. :)

MagnumForce
Angry Man

ns8401 wrote:Now on to the MAW, it seems to me that unless the MAW want's to lost their diamond which they fought to have reinstalled in the first place they may need to meet halfway. Regarding the history rule, is it possible that CSX removed the diamond to make the MAW the junior road suddenly and force the responsibility their way? Speculation, but I'm trying to think outside ye old box. :)

Not likely since they removed the diamond illegally in the first place.

ns8401
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ns8401 »

MagnumForce wrote:
ns8401 wrote:Now on to the MAW, it seems to me that unless the MAW want's to lost their diamond which they fought to have reinstalled in the first place they may need to meet halfway. Regarding the history rule, is it possible that CSX removed the diamond to make the MAW the junior road suddenly and force the responsibility their way? Speculation, but I'm trying to think outside ye old box. :)

Not likely since they removed the diamond illegally in the first place.
Ahhh... ok thanks Magnum for claering that up, I'm not as familier with the MAW's situation as some others, in that case does CSX really have much room to hit the MAW?

MagnumForce
Angry Man

My thought would be "no" but I really don't know what the agreement is on the diamond. I would assume the vast majority of the cost would be CSX's.

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

JoJames wrote:MAW needs to pay for their half of number one track on CSX and of course they do not want too. MAW saying the current diamonds are just fine.
The way I read that is that CSX pay's for 2 track and half of 1 track.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Does that include maintainence or just replacement cost? Does CSX send the MAW a bill every month?

JoJames
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by JoJames »

Yes. The MAW is billed just like the I&O in Hamler as it is also a joint facilty. Both locations have a payroll code number that is used whenever any work is done. My time sheet shows a hour weekly charged to the I&O. Material is figured as a monthly fee. This was one of the reasons the diamonds were removed in Defiance as the MAW was not paying their share. The I&O had the same problem with the MAW west of Liberty Center and out came the diamond.