Everything/Anything CF&E thread...Part 2

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Everything/Anything CF&E thread...Part 2

Unread post by bnsf8000 »

Saw part of the FWLI going through Van Wert this morning. Good to see it go through in daylight once in awhile. Another good set of videos! Keep up the great job! 8)

PW

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by alittlevanwerty »

Well the Wheeling and Lake Erie welded rail train passed eastbound through Van Wert about 7:30. WLE 4000 was leading, don't know what became of WLE 4016 that CSXQ122 saw on the west bound trip. My wife heard it coming this time, we both filmed this one.

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

I went by the CFE yard in Ft Wayne today, they have SCRF/GT 6412 as well as 6415 there though I haven't seen it pass through the Ohio side yet. So I suppose these were the replacements for CFE/FEC 505 and 506?

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Cfe ran a LIFW friday with IORY4036 with 20 or so cars plus an empty welded rail train.

Today ran LIFW around 1:00 with CFE 3886 and TPW 4056, good videos to come once Van Wert get the power lines up again.

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

6/30/12. EB FWLI With TPW 4056 and 3886. The train had 51 or 52 box cars. Whole train was box cars, including TTX, MSDR, YKR and others. pretty cool train. 8) Hopefully, alittlevanwerty got a video of this train. :D

PW
Last edited by bnsf8000 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

bnsf8000 wrote:6/30/12. EB FWLI With TPW 4056 and 3886. The train had 51 or 52 box cars. Whole traion was box cars, including TTX, MSDR, YKR and others. pretty cool train. 8) Hopefully, alittlevanwerty got a video of this train. :D

PW
That would be cool to see. Does anyone happen to know the sotry behind this train?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

AARR, it looked like the typical box cars that are regurlarly on the LIFW. Just that the whole train was those type of box cars. Cool! 8)

Had a really nasty storm through the whole area from around Bowling Green, OH clear as far south as I know of at least Dayton, OH. Saying straight line winds up to in excess of 100 mph. Hell of a storm. Most of Van Wert has power as of this morning/Monday. But, there still are some outages around town. Between VW and Paulding, OH there are power poles snapped off along St. Rt. 127. Saying hopefully by July 7 all of Van Wert County should have power. Still 57,000 w/o power in Fort Wayne. So, we may be faring better than other areas. Parts of Lima, Delphos, Sperncerville, OH, Ohio City and Convoy, Oh were hard hit in our area. Many, many, many still w/o power and for several more days are possible. Got to give the power crews alot of credit. Got to be ready to go on a moments notice. Kudos to them!

PW

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Well I was out at the inlaws for the 6-30 FWLI, they still had electric. I knew I'd miss it since the LiFW I filmed came through Van Wert about 12:55pm( wife came with me lol). I hope i catch this next welded railtrain, empties came through on Friday and I am unsure how long it will take to load but the WLE came in on a Fri and left on a Weds. Its great seeing tons of welded rail being ran on a jointed rail line.

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Well was in Lima filming today. WLE 4000 is still at the Cole street yard, as well as both welded rail trains that I filmed recently. Any idea why they haven't been shipped to a customer yet? One came through over 2 weeks ago.

CF&E East
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CF&E East »

Had a westbound grainer in Ada about 2:30pm today. CSXT 7833 for power with a matching train set of [HTM] cars. First train I've seen since I moved back here on the 1st. :D

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

CF&E ran the FWLI through Van Wert about 10:30 this morning. Power was CFE 3880 and WLE 4000. This is the 2nd time I've caught them using it, but the first on one of their regular trains. Many flats of steel beams this run, business looks good for SDI.

Thanks for the heads up CF& Eeast

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

alittlevanwerty wrote:CF&E ran the FWLI through Van Wert about 10:30 this morning. Power was CFE 3880 and WLE 4000.
106 cars if I counted correctly. 8)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

CF&E grain train loaded and headed east this morning. Had Wheeling and Lake Erie 4000 on point and CSX 7833 smoking good.

CF&E East
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CF&E East »

Sweet Video. I popped off a couple shots at that grain train here in Ada, I happened to walk outside and hear it coming into town so I rode down. If I knew how to post pictures I'd share the photo version.

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

If you have a flickr account all you need to do is click the shre button, go to Grab the HTML/BBCode, choose a medium size, BBCcode checked, then paste the code.

Did you catch the eastbound through Ada and if so did it still have the WLE 4000 locomotive?