IORY South End part 3

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Re: IORY South End part 3

Unread post by midland sub »

Nice catch. Sometimes they'll run up to Urbana with an engine on both ends, especially on the grain trains to West Liberty.

They are storing former Cargill salt service cars north of West Liberty on the Urbana Sub. Not sure how many will end up stored on the Urbana Sub, but there's almost 300 of those cars now on the I&O. You can see some of them in the youtube video share last week on the CF&E thread- I&O heading south out of Lima.

Sperry Rail Service truck was out inspecting to Logan Sub on Tuesday. One of their smaller F450 series trucks.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

I&O was very busy in Wash CH on Saturday morning. Trupointe received an 89 car empty train on Thursday evening and had it loaded and ready to head back to CSX on Friday night. A pair of C40-8s for power on the train. Crew picked up the train @ South Chuck and headed to Haynes. Following them were the Springfield A crew called down to pick up the northbound cars on the Wash CH Turn and more importantly spot some "hot" empty ddg hoppers for Valero. The WCH A was busy trying to head north up the Midland and out of the way of the loaded grain train and the Springfield crew as they needed to switch CPS in Mt Sterling and Ashland in Grove City. Topped off by the Wash CH Turn showing up from Cincy. 4 trains all with in hour. Blan Job was supposedly heading to Wash CH later in the morning too...

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

midland sub wrote:I&O was very busy in Wash CH on Saturday morning.
That would have been fun to watch and track. Maybe we should have had the RRFan.com meet in WCH :wink:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

Heard something blowing for Clime Road last night...Midland Sub could you elaborate on what it this mystery train was?
Exit stage left

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Grain or ethanol train is the best guess I was given.

Caught L1 with 3888 in Lancaster yesterday. Had a nice healthy cut of cars and heading towards the tiny old C&O yard. 3 loads for steel transload and the rest stuff for Ralston.

From the B&O Southwest group it sounds like the night Blan job is back on again this summer. Their main purpose is to make sure the stone from Melvin stays moving.