N.Baltimore OH intermodal yard construction pics

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
MSchwiebert
Railroadfan...fan

Re: N.Baltimore OH intermodal yard construction pics

Unread post by MSchwiebert »

The rest of the pdf files are in the photo album.
conrailmike wrote:Yes, add it please. I'd like to see it.

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

There are actually three diffrent types of ties in the yard. All the leads up to the point where each track will begin in the "intermodal" part of the yard are wood. The ties in the tracks of the "intermodal" yard are steel, and while not compleated there are some concrete ties laid down in the yard looking for rail. Also appears that all switches in the "yard" its self will be some sort of power switch, as they have installed underground cable comming up at all the "points" or "motor" positions of the switches.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

Shorthaul
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Shorthaul »

MSchwiebert wrote:The rest of the pdf files are in the photo album.
Wow, I just discovered those PDF files a few minutes ago. Nice. Are you in a position to tell me where you got those? If so, do you have any more of these, such as the cross-sections marked A-A, B-B, etc? I am not expecting that you have them, but if you do, than you should know that there is at least one civil engineering enthusiast out here interested in them

MSchwiebert
Railroadfan...fan

Those are all I have, as for where I got these - I'd rather not say, don't want to get the source in trouble :-)

Shorthaul
Railroadfan...fan

MSchwiebert wrote:Those are all I have, as for where I got these - I'd rather not say, don't want to get the source in trouble :-)
Yeah, that's what I thought.
Btw,is there anything new going on there? It's been awhile since I've seen some photos from anybody. Not a request, just a question.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

The work and construction continues. Nothing too interesting since the Officers train was there awhile back.
Bottom text.

Shorthaul
Railroadfan...fan

Y@ wrote:The work and construction continues. Nothing too interesting since the Officers train was there awhile back.
Are there any new pictures?

MSchwiebert
Railroadfan...fan

I've got a few, hopefully I'll get them uploaded this week. most of the work is being done behind the landscaping (the earthen embankment along SR18) so it's hard to get a gauge of the progress from public areas. That being said, there are a few noticeable additions recently. Several light 'towers' (same design as what are used on highways, not the traditional 'railroad' yard light towers) have been put up. The survey work for the overpass on the east end (Liberty Hi Road) and re-alignment of SR 18 necessary for that has been done as there are survey stakes present in that area. There is also work starting on the electrical feed for the facility (on the parcel of land north of SR18 and East of Liberty Hi road) as well. There is also a loaded rail train parked between Hoytville and Range Line Road with rail for the intermodal portion of the facility as well.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

MSchwiebert wrote:The survey work for the overpass on the east end (Liberty Hi Road) and re-alignment of SR 18 necessary for that has been done as there are survey stakes present in that area.
SWEET! I was wondering if they were going to do that overpass like they planned.
Bottom text.

MSchwiebert
Railroadfan...fan

Original plans were for the overpass to be on Range Line Road (on the west end of the facility) instead. In any event, the overpass should provide a nice look in on the engine facility end of the yard when everything is said and done. From a non railfan viewpoint it also will help open up the land north of the facility to development. What remains to be seen is if the proposed "truck 18" route would tie in with I-75 north or south of North Baltimore.
Y@ wrote:
MSchwiebert wrote:The survey work for the overpass on the east end (Liberty Hi Road) and re-alignment of SR 18 necessary for that has been done as there are survey stakes present in that area.
SWEET! I was wondering if they were going to do that overpass like they planned.

Shorthaul
Railroadfan...fan

If I'm not mistaken, the plan is for six widespan cranes, right? That's what I heard somewhere. Anyway, when are the cranes supposed to be delivered? I don't know if that is worth seeing, but I may have to head down there some time, to check out the progress.

MSchwiebert
Railroadfan...fan

Cranes are supposed to be coming in this summer. They're coming in via the port of Toledo - not sure if from there it'll be via truck or rail to North Baltimore.