IORY North End

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: IORY North End

Unread post by AARR »

alittlevanwerty wrote:Was too busy to post earlier but I caught come good IORY action last week! Monday I caught the Lima switcher returning from Plastipac.

The LSL was pretty massive so I decided to chase as far south as I could before running out of time.
Looks like the head end of the Lima Local had DDG cars from the ethanol plant in Lima (5+3)

On LSL included 38 PPG tank cars and 40 pig iron gondola's
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

alittlevanwerty wrote:It will be 9500/4072/6415 running light.
Must be a large train to come north
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by alittlevanwerty »

Not sure what their bringing up but 6415 is on its way to Cin for paint.

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Thursday I also caught the 2 Lima day Jobs, the LSL heading to Springfiel and soon after the Lima Switcher going to the Ethanol Plant.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I like your vids vanwerty! Looks like the Lima Local had some care for OmniSource and a few plastic pellets cars too. I drove by the ethanol plant before the Lima Local switched and there were a few redish cylindrical cars that got picked up.

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

AARR wrote:I like your vids vanwerty! Looks like the Lima Local had some care for OmniSource and a few plastic pellets cars too. I drove by the ethanol plant before the Lima Local switched and there were a few redish cylindrical cars that got picked up.
Thanks! I never saw them come back to the yard, their track warrant was to mp136 so the ethanol plant was the first stop.

Anyone know what job works businesses north of Lima? I know I've been told the LNL runs to Delta but who works Patrick plastics in Leipsic, whatever they have in Ottawa and anything between Leipsic and Delta?

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

alittlevanwerty wrote:
AARR wrote:I like your vids vanwerty! Looks like the Lima Local had some care for OmniSource and a few plastic pellets cars too. I drove by the ethanol plant before the Lima Local switched and there were a few redish cylindrical cars that got picked up.
Thanks! I never saw them come back to the yard, their track warrant was to mp136 so the ethanol plant was the first stop.

Anyone know what job works businesses north of Lima? I know I've been told the LNL runs to Delta but who works Patrick plastics in Leipsic, whatever they have in Ottawa and anything between Leipsic and Delta?
Both the LNL crew and Delta Switcher crews will work anything between Delta and Lima. Just depends on what needs done and when.
Bottom text.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

alittlevanwerty wrote:Shots of the Lima switcher from both monday and tues.
The 2nd train had a long string of large tank cars. Did you happen to catch if those were ammonia or LPG? Any idea where they might be heading to?

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

AARR wrote:
The 2nd train had a long string of large tank cars. Did you happen to catch if those were ammonia or LPG? Any idea where they might be heading to?
They were all LPG, not sure if their headed to Husky or something but I see a lot of them go into the south Lima yard on CSX and NS.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

alittlevanwerty wrote:
AARR wrote:
They were all LPG, not sure if their headed to Husky or something but I see a lot of them go into the south Lima yard on CSX and NS.
Ok, then those may be from the refinery serviced by CF&E heading to points on CSX and NS.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

Northbound IORY clear South Ottawa right now
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Heads up on the north end the LSL crew will be running a LNL instead today. Too bad it's cloudy and gray. 4070/4084.

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

I shot a LSL this week, still waiting on the LNL video to upload. Also I heard that CIND 2001 is at Sugar St. Not sure which this is but I will be going to lima first thing in the morning to investigate.

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

If IORY runs a LSL today, looks like C&I or CIND 2001, the genset, will be on point. Currently switching the west sugar st yard with 9500/5678. Also the CP logo on 5678 had been painted out.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

Southbound IORY grain from Metamora, OH going through Ottawa with CSX 841, 4745, and 500 leading.
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Here is todays LSL with the genset. A very quiet machine too. Video will be up later.
CIND 2001 on point of IORY LSL by alittlevanwerty, on Flickr

Also here is the LNL I filmed last week.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

alittlevanwerty wrote:Also here is the LNL I filmed last week.
Which elevator is in the background?